The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2007, 11:53 AM   #76
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
Why is it a bigger story when the President breaks the law than when a regular citizen breaks the law? Answer, the President is a bigger figure. The same applies to Barroid, if he weren't breaking the record or in the game for that matter the scrutiny woudl fall elsewhere. But none of that is the case, the case is that Barroid admitted to using he just "didn't know" it was juice so he's playing people for fools.

And yes, steroids increase muscle mass and muscle control, he's more able to wield the bat with more control, he's able to increase his power, hell he even said that balls that used to go off the wall or were popouts were now leaving the yard and he didn't know why. Horsesheet, he knew why but once again he's playing the public for fools. The juice gave him more lean muscle and fast twitch muscle mass that allows him to move the bat more quickly through the strike zone. They also increase his stamina and longevity and shorten the amount of time required for recouperation so instead of giving way to age like all athletes do, he IMPROVES his numbers. He goes from 1 hr/roughly 20 ABs in his first 11 years in the league to 1hr/roughly 10 ABs his last 11 in the league. Furthermore, even with the juice he still requires about every 3rd night off to rest his rickety a$$. F Barroid, he's not worthy of the record as a human being or a player. He's done nothing to advance the game beyond what has always mattered most to him, Barroid. He's taken a number once held in awe and glory and summarily crapped on it. Now it's just a question of who can use more juice, faster without getting caught to break it because hell, if Barroid can break the record on the "cream and the clear" why the **** should anybody else NOT use?

Why bother telling your children not to cheat in school if their justification is, "Well the other kids do it too." sits all to well with you, and judging from some it does and that bothers me even more than Barroid's sham, and that's saying a lot.

Oh, PS: Bud Selig.....FOOOK YOU TOO! You colossal, driveling, middling, spineless ass clown for letting the long term validity and image of the game suffer because of your indifference, complacency, and/or compliance in turning a blind eye to this travesty all to bolster attendance to fans too stupid to appreciate a pitcher's duel or manufacturing runs with fundamental baseball. You're no better than Vince McMahon. So, to you I say...again....FOOOOK YOU!
Simply one of the best posts I've EVER read on the Mane.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #77
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Roids do not just increase muscle mass. You still have to lift. Steriods allow the body to heal faster so you can lift more frequently.
And baseball has been talking performance enhancing drugs since the 60's...so don't just blame Selig. Bottom line...the sport has gotten exactly what it deserves and so have the fans. Because they know what's going on and they still show up for the games. My guess is...it doesn't bother them.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #78
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
People who think steroids didn't play a huge part of it are idiots. Look at Brady Anderson. The most suspicious 50 home run hitter ever.
So true ... so true! Lil' Brady, the singles-hitting O's center-fielder. Everybody thought it was the BALLS that were juiced, remember? I saw a TV report back then from Dominican/Haiti where the balls are made, and they claimed they were all made the same! I was SOOO skeptical of that report. Remember how Fay Vincent kept denying the balls were "juiced"? Turns out HE WAS TELLING THE TRUTH AFTER ALL!

Ahh, we were all so naive back in the day ...
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:19 PM   #79
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
People don't need to do anything in regards to this guy. The guy earned the crap. It wasn't just the steroids, that was the frosting and asterik on the cake. The guy is a me only guy, his teammates can't stand him, most fans can't stand him, he embarrassed his family publicly, and he earned that all by himself also. Restraint? He doesn't give a damn about what people think, this is all about him. Always has been. Not helping his team, the benefits they got from his homeruns were a sidenote that he could care less about. How do I expect him to act? Just like he has.

Tons of other players may have done it also, but we haven't heard them bold face lie about it or go about achieving a great record as if it were their skills alone. Those that have are reaping the disdain now.....see Mark McGwire who will be chasing the HOF in vain and has an asterik by his achievements as well in many peoples minds. My amazement comes from people like you trying to tell us how to feel about this guy. The animosity people have towards him is something he truly earned himself. For me, Hank Aaron is still the homerun king and the crap he had to put up with was not earned, but the homerun record was.

I'm not saying you have to cheer him as a conquering hero, i'm saying he's treated as if he's Osama Bin Laden for 1) doing something 50 percent of the league was doing and 2) being surly...like thats unique in sports. Bonds was a great player before this (a 3 time mvp) and, with it, he became super human. Sure, I get it, he cheated, im not saying he should be hailed as the greatest thing alive, im just saying the crap he must deal with on a daily basis is probably unfair. I'm sure he hears some pretty awful crap screamed in his direction that no one needs to hear on a daily basis.

If you wanna consider Hank Aaron your home run king, do so, but its not like Neifi Perez is hitting 50 home runs. It's not ALLL the steriods. I'm just sayin people need to relax and not get all up and arms over something like this.l
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:37 PM   #80
Lidderer
&

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post

If you wanna consider Hank Aaron your home run king, do so, but its not like Neifi Perez is hitting 50 home runs. It's not ALLL the steriods. I'm just sayin people need to relax and not get all up and arms over something like this.l

You know what's kinda funny?

Hank had a HR 1 in every 16.4 ABs.

Barry (pre-balco[2000 and prior]) had 1 in every 15 ABs.

Hank's IBB: 293
Barry's (we're just talking pre-balco here, as in excluding the last 8 years) IBB: 296

It's borderline insane that Barry also had more BBs by 2000 than Hank did during his entire career.
Lidderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #81
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I'm not saying you have to cheer him as a conquering hero, i'm saying he's treated as if he's Osama Bin Laden for 1) doing something 50 percent of the league was doing and 2) being surly...like thats unique in sports. Bonds was a great player before this (a 3 time mvp) and, with it, he became super human. Sure, I get it, he cheated, im not saying he should be hailed as the greatest thing alive, im just saying the crap he must deal with on a daily basis is probably unfair. I'm sure he hears some pretty awful crap screamed in his direction that no one needs to hear on a daily basis.

The guy's a cheat and, for my part, I will continue to call him out on it in every forum and at every opportunity because it is precisely what he deserves. He's playing people for fools. When he was a bean pole he was putting up good enough numbers to get Hall consideration. But nooooooooo those numbers didn't match his ego so he took the spike, hit the cream and the clear, and now he has a melon that can fit his ego and most of the northern hemisphere for his effort.

Doesn't matter if it is all due to juice or not, there is absolutely no way to tell. One thing is perfectly clear, by his own admission he has cast a dark cloud of suspicion over his entire career. Some just choose to bask in Barroid's sunshine smiles of bull**** and call it a clear day.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #82
Lidderer
&

Quote:
When he was a bean pole he was putting up good enough numbers to get Hall consideration. .

"consideration"? Are you kidding me? He won 3 MVPs in 4 years, and came 2nd the year he didn't win. He was about as obvious a first ballot HOFer as there is. He invented the 400/400 club.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:01 PM   #83
Lidderer
&

Quote:
Some just choose to bask in Barroid's sunshine smiles of bull**** and call it a clear day.
It's ridiculous how people claim they are going against the grain by claiming hatred for the guy, as though there are really people out there "choos[ing] to bask in [barry's] sunshine smiles...]. Where are these people? And stop basking in your sunshine grandstanding bull****.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #84
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidderer View Post
It's ridiculous how people claim they are going against the grain by claiming hatred for the guy, as though there are really people out there "choos[ing] to bask in [barry's] sunshine smiles...]. Where are these people? And stop basking in your sunshine grandstanding bull****.
"Going against the grain"? I've never claimed that I've taken my position because I want to go against the grain. Furthermore I resent your implication. I don't give a tinker's f()ck what way the grain is going. I'm going my way.

Those basking in Barroid's BS are the same ones justifying/excusing/rationalizing/spinning/working around/parsing words and any other such horsheet related to Barroid's cheating. Barroid did wrong.

Where were the apologists for Canseco? Who was the a-hole before the Congressional hearings? Canseco. Who was the only one who came out of that circus NOT looking like a clown? Canseco. Canseco's an a-hole, he's doubly a-hole because he didn't do something about his use when he was playing because that probably would have interfered with his house/porsche payments and womanizing. Canseco's full blown asshattery notwithstanding, he was the only honest f()cker up there. But where are Canseco apologists, nobody saying, "Well everybody else was doing it, why is he villainized?"

Where are the McGwire apologists? Palmero? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #85
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Who is basking in his "bs?" Is anyone outside of San Fran even celebrating this? And even those people can't get asterisk out of their minds. Right after he hit it, all ESPN would talk about were the merits of the record.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:57 PM   #86
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Romo said he didn't start using roids until 2001.
Then all is well and legitimate in Bronco Land.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:59 PM   #87
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Roids do not just increase muscle mass. You still have to lift. Steriods allow the body to heal faster so you can lift more frequently.
And baseball has been talking performance enhancing drugs since the 60's...so don't just blame Selig. Bottom line...the sport has gotten exactly what it deserves and so have the fans. Because they know what's going on and they still show up for the games. My guess is...it doesn't bother them.
Wasn't "The Clear" HGH stuff? That would increase skelatal size (i.e. you continue to grow). Also, didn't that stuff improve fast twitch muscle reaction / strength?
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:25 AM   #88
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfan4life View Post
Those of you bashing Bonds now were probably the same ones cheering McGwuire's and Sosa's chase of Maris' single season record. Why is Barry's feat so much different? Congrats to Barry.
Dude, doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that we were rooting for two guys that we thought we just on vitamin or whatever came in that big tub. It wasnt illegal and MLB didnt say anything. Ask us the same about the two guys and others now. Bonds lets everyone go to jail for his roid rampage. He is guilty. He is also the biggest a hole around which is not the case for McGwire and Sosa who are very likable. Regardless if people are one side of this or not for hating or liking barry, the fact remains he cheated. He was already a superstar but couldnt handle being 2nd fiddle to the first cheats. Barry won MVPs before his alleged steroid use. Who is going to remember that? He tarnished his legacy. He would have been one of the top players of all time without the roids. He couldnt just be "one of the..." . He needed to be "The best" regardless at what cost. I now believe his head didnt expand from Roids but from his ego. F U Bonds.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:45 PM   #89
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoakum3 View Post
Wasn't "The Clear" HGH stuff? That would increase skelatal size (i.e. you continue to grow). Also, didn't that stuff improve fast twitch muscle reaction / strength?
I am be no means an HGH expert. The Dave is probably one of the better resources here. I would doubt that HGH would increase reaction times.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:15 PM   #90
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

he went from over 17 AB per homerun to 9 AB per homerun when everyone else goes down in production because of age. Amazing he comes to camp one year with a bigger shoe and head and then proceeds to have a phenom of almost 8 year period. But Nooooo, roids didnt do that. He admitted he took the cream. Sheffield tried to lie about working out with him in the off season and it was all natural. Guess who got caught taking the same crap as Bonds? Hmmm. Could it be Gary himself? For those that love the cheater, at least come out and admit he did and you dont care. Also, let us know that you will be proud of your kids who study real hard for their tests but still use the cheat sheet to find the answers faster and proceeded to get the highest grade in the class. After all, you want to be consistent on cheating overall, right?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote