The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2007, 12:53 PM   #31
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
Why is it a bigger story when the President breaks the law than when a regular citizen breaks the law? Answer, the President is a bigger figure. The same applies to Barroid, if he weren't breaking the record or in the game for that matter the scrutiny woudl fall elsewhere. But none of that is the case, the case is that Barroid admitted to using he just "didn't know" it was juice so he's playing people for fools.

And yes, steroids increase muscle mass and muscle control, he's more able to wield the bat with more control, he's able to increase his power, hell he even said that balls that used to go off the wall or were popouts were now leaving the yard and he didn't know why. Horsesheet, he knew why but once again he's playing the public for fools. The juice gave him more lean muscle and fast twitch muscle mass that allows him to move the bat more quickly through the strike zone. They also increase his stamina and longevity and shorten the amount of time required for recouperation so instead of giving way to age like all athletes do, he IMPROVES his numbers. He goes from 1 hr/roughly 20 ABs in his first 11 years in the league to 1hr/roughly 10 ABs his last 11 in the league. Furthermore, even with the juice he still requires about every 3rd night off to rest his rickety a$$. F Barroid, he's not worthy of the record as a human being or a player. He's done nothing to advance the game beyond what has always mattered most to him, Barroid. He's taken a number once held in awe and glory and summarily crapped on it. Now it's just a question of who can use more juice, faster without getting caught to break it because hell, if Barroid can break the record on the "cream and the clear" why the **** should anybody else NOT use?

Why bother telling your children not to cheat in school if their justification is, "Well the other kids do it too." sits all to well with you, and judging from some it does and that bothers me even more than Barroid's sham, and that's saying a lot.

Oh, PS: Bud Selig.....FOOOK YOU TOO! You colossal, driveling, middling, spineless ass clown for letting the long term validity and image of the game suffer because of your indifference, complacency, and/or compliance in turning a blind eye to this travesty all to bolster attendance to fans too stupid to appreciate a pitcher's duel or manufacturing runs with fundamental baseball. You're no better than Vince McMahon. So, to you I say...again....FOOOOK YOU!
Simply one of the best posts I've EVER read on the Mane.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote