The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2007, 03:28 AM   #51
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
cheated or not, people need to relax on him. The amount of crap this guy has had to put up with over the past few years (for something tons of other players did too) is incredible. If i were him, i woulda punched numerous people out by now. I think he's shown restraint. How do you expect him to act
Bonds is a complete Ahole and deserves everything he gets from pissed off fans. He treats reporters like crap from the days of his beginnings of MLB. Ask any reporter on him tha tisnt from SF. I love baseball but I hope they find out the truth on McGwire and Bonds so Astericks can go by their record. It is already suspected, let us know the full truth from the grand jury. The proof is out there.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:30 AM   #52
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I went to the Angels game and they showed the hit between 6th and 7th inning. Glad Angels fans had the courage NOT to stand and clap.
I am gonna say it is probably because they were more worried about the rat infestation at the stadium.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/angel_sta...at_infestation
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:00 AM   #53
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoakum3 View Post
Dude, personal records are about a particular person, not the team. This is true especially when you hit in baseball. He cheated. Romo probably did help us out because he was a roid freak to be fair. If that was the case then he cheated and an asterisk should be kept by his name for all the records he holds.

I don't hold the Giants nor Broncos responsible for the decisions a person makes. I hold Barry Bonds and Bill Romanowski responsible for being cheaters. I don't care if Romo cheated with the Broncs or not.
Romo said he didn't start using roids until 2001.
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:40 AM   #54
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

can't find the post but agree with the person that said they would have liked to see Griffey break the record..i can't stand A-Rod!!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:34 AM   #55
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

Im just glad he hit it and people can move on after a day or two
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:41 AM   #56
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Thanks for the warning. TV will stay shut down and wont visit espn. The dude cheated and has never denied it. I am on the Arod bandwagon as of today cause he has a shot of killing Baroids record.
Arkansas Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:43 AM   #57
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

im not on the bandwagon for anyone else to break it because we have to look at everyone suspisciously now.
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:14 AM   #58
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

People who think steroids didn't play a huge part of it are idiots. Look at Brady Anderson. The most suspicious 50 home run hitter ever.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:19 AM   #59
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Oh man, I remember Brady Anderson. The dude who had like 60 career homeruns coming into the 1996 season, then cranks out 50, and then never hit more than 24 in a season again. I remember so many people saying "What the hell?" in regards to him, and also Henry Rodriguez. Remember him too?
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:48 AM   #60
Dukes
Ring of Famer

I think anyone caught cheating should be stripped of their records. Pete Rose got banned from the league for betting, I'd say steroids are along those same lines. Unfortunately Bud Selig is in charge, and doesn't really care to do anything about it.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:12 AM   #61
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
cheated or not, people need to relax on him. The amount of crap this guy has had to put up with over the past few years (for something tons of other players did too) is incredible. If i were him, i woulda punched numerous people out by now. I think he's shown restraint. How do you expect him to act
People don't need to do anything in regards to this guy. The guy earned the crap. It wasn't just the steroids, that was the frosting and asterik on the cake. The guy is a me only guy, his teammates can't stand him, most fans can't stand him, he embarrassed his family publicly, and he earned that all by himself also. Restraint? He doesn't give a damn about what people think, this is all about him. Always has been. Not helping his team, the benefits they got from his homeruns were a sidenote that he could care less about. How do I expect him to act? Just like he has.

Tons of other players may have done it also, but we haven't heard them bold face lie about it or go about achieving a great record as if it were their skills alone. Those that have are reaping the disdain now.....see Mark McGwire who will be chasing the HOF in vain and has an asterik by his achievements as well in many peoples minds. My amazement comes from people like you trying to tell us how to feel about this guy. The animosity people have towards him is something he truly earned himself. For me, Hank Aaron is still the homerun king and the crap he had to put up with was not earned, but the homerun record was.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:16 AM   #62
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfan4life View Post
Those of you bashing Bonds now were probably the same ones cheering McGwuire's and Sosa's chase of Maris' single season record. Why is Barry's feat so much different? Congrats to Barry.
Word..
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:25 AM   #63
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Celebrating the accomplishments of a cheating a-hole of epic porportions! How nice!
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:37 AM   #64
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Oh man, I remember Brady Anderson. The dude who had like 60 career homeruns coming into the 1996 season, then cranks out 50, and then never hit more than 24 in a season again. I remember so many people saying "What the hell?" in regards to him, and also Henry Rodriguez. Remember him too?
Sure do. I don't understand why guys like that aren't looked at harder. You could learn a lot about how beneficial steroids really are.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:04 AM   #65
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:13 AM   #66
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Those of you bashing Bonds now were probably the same ones cheering McGwuire's and Sosa's chase of Maris' single season record. Why is Barry's feat so much different? Congrats to Barry.
Sorry but that is a dumb argument. First of all that was before the whole steroids thing came about. Secondly it was because of those players that Barry supposedly starting juicing and after 1997 is when his numbers really started to jump. Most people if you asked them today would despise the fact that those two were even applauded for their feats. Third, Barry has continually tried to hide or deny he used roids. He beat out a guy who earned his record and who had to play in a time where he endured constant racism and even death threats , yet continued to play with class. Barry Bonds has no clue what the term class means.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:23 AM   #67
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
Steroids or not, this guy went out there night after night hitting homers. There is no need to put an asterisk next to his name, oh no, but to put an Asterisk next to MLB*. I'm sure Bonds has faced plenty of HGHed Pitchers and I'm sure the Hall of Fame has steroid users. Sosa is probably the only guy hitting homers without steroids since he corked his bats instead.

Also, I'm still a bit skeptical about Bond's Steroid use, I can't say I entirely believe all of the myths behind it. Anyway, Congrats Bonds. Next destination HR #800.
Costas pretty much owned Bonds' a$$ on Mike and Mike this morning. I'll try to find the link/transcript. Bottom line is MellonHead is no hero, no superman, and certainly no home run king. 756* is now just a number and carries little meaning. Bud Selig needs an asterisk as much as Barroid but Selig's name isn't in any record books and he certainly didn't touch "the cream and the clear".
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #68
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Bonds is a complete Ahole and deserves everything he gets from pissed off fans. He treats reporters like crap from the days of his beginnings of MLB. Ask any reporter on him tha tisnt from SF. I love baseball but I hope they find out the truth on McGwire and Bonds so Astericks can go by their record. It is already suspected, let us know the full truth from the grand jury. The proof is out there.
Forget the asterisk. Wipe their ENTIRE records clean. Just put into the books:

Barry Bonds: Played, all records invalid due to steroid use
Mark McGwire: Played, all records invalid due to steroid use
Raphael Palmero: Played, all records invalid due to steroid use

and so on and so forth. Teams with convicted users should also be bumped to the bottom of the draft and all other teams bumped up to take those spots. Eat it! This would be particularly damning in the NFL and perhaps send a worthwhile message.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:36 AM   #69
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Sorry but that is a dumb argument. First of all that was before the whole steroids thing came about. Secondly it was because of those players that Barry supposedly starting juicing and after 1997 is when his numbers really started to jump. Most people if you asked them today would despise the fact that those two were even applauded for their feats. Third, Barry has continually tried to hide or deny he used roids. He beat out a guy who earned his record and who had to play in a time where he endured constant racism and even death threats , yet continued to play with class. Barry Bonds has no clue what the term class means.
I was wrong that year of the McGuire and Sosa because I started yelling juiced ball about mid-season never having a clue of the roids. But from watching MLB for over 20 years and just seen a few approach 50 and shortly off a strike I had a feeling something was fixed. I thought all of it was a scam to get people back never realy thinking that a large part of the players were juicing. Barry stole (literaly) this record.
Arkansas Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:59 AM   #70
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

its MCGWIRE, Mark McGwire. Come on people, you're killing me here.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:15 AM   #71
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

F him ....

VOTE IN MY POLL: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=59213
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:25 AM   #72
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Hes a disgrace to the game and America itself.........enough said
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:37 AM   #73
dbfan4life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
its MCGWIRE, Mark McGwire. Come on people, you're killing me here.
Who gives a ****. He's a cheater just the same.

Quote:
I'm not saying Barry didn't cheat. I could care less that he never got caught. All I know was that Barry's not the only one to use and deny. There are many others who have used and have not even been questioned. Why? Because they sucked. Being stronger doesn't help you suck less. I don't think performane enhancers helped Barry's hand-eye coordination. Did they? Maybe instead of blasting 500 ft shots he would have only hit the ball 400 ft. Still a HR. **** it. It's his record and I'm glad I got to see it happen.
dbfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:39 AM   #74
TheDave
Sauced...

It is what it is.... now does he retire at the end of this year, or does he DH for someone else to pad his record?
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #75
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Who gives a ****. He's a cheater just the same.

I'm not saying Barry didn't cheat. I could care less that he never got caught. All I know was that Barry's not the only one to use and deny. There are many others who have used and have not even been questioned. Why? Because they sucked. Being stronger doesn't help you suck less. I don't think performane enhancers helped Barry's hand-eye coordination. Did they? Maybe instead of blasting 500 ft shots he would have only hit the ball 400 ft. Still a HR. **** it. It's his record and I'm glad I got to see it happen.
Why is it a bigger story when the President breaks the law than when a regular citizen breaks the law? Answer, the President is a bigger figure. The same applies to Barroid, if he weren't breaking the record or in the game for that matter the scrutiny would fall elsewhere. But none of that is the case, the case is that Barroid admitted to using, he just "didn't know" it was juice so he's playing people for fools.

And yes, steroids increase muscle mass and muscle control, he's more able to wield the bat with more control, he's able to increase his power, hell he even said that balls that used to go off the wall or were popouts were now leaving the yard and he didn't know why. Horsesheet, he knew why but once again he's playing the public for fools. The juice gave him more lean muscle and fast twitch muscle mass that allows him to move the bat more quickly through the strike zone. They also increase his stamina and longevity and shorten the amount of time required for recouperation so instead of giving way to age like all athletes do, he IMPROVES his numbers. He goes from 1 hr/roughly 20 ABs in his first 11 years in the league to 1hr/roughly 10 ABs his last 11 in the league. Furthermore, even with the juice he still requires about every 3rd night off to rest his rickety a$$. F Barroid, he's not worthy of the record as a human being or as a player. He's done nothing to advance the game beyond what has always mattered most to him, Barroid. He's taken a number once held in awe and glory and summarily crapped on it. Now it's just a question of who can use more juice, faster without getting caught to break it because hell, if Barroid can break the record on the "cream and the clear" why the **** should anybody else NOT use?

Why bother telling your children not to cheat in school if their justification is, "Well the other kids do it too." sits all to well with you, and judging from some of the replies on the board, it does and that bothers me even more than Barroid's sham, and that's saying a lot.

Oh, PS: Bud Selig.....FOOOK YOU TOO! You colossal, driveling, middling, spineless ass clown for letting the long term validity and image of the game suffer because of your indifference, complacency, and/or compliance in turning a blind eye to this travesty all to bolster attendance to fans too stupid to appreciate a pitcher's duel or manufacturing runs with fundamental baseball. You're no better than Vince McMahon. So, to you I say...again....FOOOOK YOU!

Last edited by RaiderH8r; 08-08-2007 at 01:39 PM..