The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2007, 11:06 PM   #1
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default Elton Brand Ruptures Achilles' Tendon...

I won't copy/paste the thing, but long story short, he hurt himself pretty bad while working out. Gone for the year.

Is there a team with worse luck than the Clippers? Lost Livingston last year. Lose Brand now. Were really just in the past 2 seasons getting good... Back to the drawing board, I suppose.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2007, 12:10 PM   #2
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Damn. And they're in the Western Conference too. This franchise might not sniff sucess in the playoffs for 10 years.....
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:40 PM   #3
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Indeed. They said some preliminary reports say Brand will only be out 6 months. If that's true (personally I think that's really optimistic) then he'll be back in February.. But yeah, Clips headed for the lottery again.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:47 PM   #4
rubaiyat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Indeed. They said some preliminary reports say Brand will only be out 6 months. If that's true (personally I think that's really optimistic) then he'll be back in February.. But yeah, Clips headed for the lottery again.
Yeah Livingston might be gone for good...but at least the year. And Brand is out for 6 months....and likely not effective till the following year.

Which just feeds into better picks going out West. A bad team out East can still be in the playoff hunt. A bad /injury ravaged team out West is a bottom feeder...and they get that W's in the teens needed to capture the top pick.
rubaiyat is offline   Reply With Quote