The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Photoshop Fun
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2007, 08:40 PM   #1
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default Four-Sided Triangle. . .

Just a little image I did for the "band" my friends and I think we should form. . . since we play together up at school all the time.

Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2007, 12:31 PM   #2
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

Very cool. I wish I could come up with something like that for my band.
What kind of music do you play? (and what instrument do YOU play?)
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:03 PM   #3
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I don't think we'd really have a defined genre of what we play. We have a lot of influences, and so many diverse ones. It's not a "done deal" with the band, but we jam a lot.

I don't get into the whole genre thing really because music to me is music. Some of the stuff we jammed to and wrote out was soft, melodic rock. Some of it was funky, like Phish - and sometimes we just got the shred on. I think having a mindset or an idea on what kind of music a band makes limits yourself as a musician and the band as a whole from what you can really do.

For us, it's about good times, having fun and coming together for a common cause.

One day we might decide to write something in a simple ass time signature, but other days we might switch it up.

Whatever the day brings really.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:41 PM   #4
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I don't think we'd really have a defined genre of what we play. We have a lot of influences, and so many diverse ones. It's not a "done deal" with the band, but we jam a lot.

I don't get into the whole genre thing really because music to me is music. Some of the stuff we jammed to and wrote out was soft, melodic rock. Some of it was funky, like Phish - and sometimes we just got the shred on. I think having a mindset or an idea on what kind of music a band makes limits yourself as a musician and the band as a whole from what you can really do.

For us, it's about good times, having fun and coming together for a common cause.

One day we might decide to write something in a simple ass time signature, but other days we might switch it up.

Whatever the day brings really.

That's cool.
You forgot to tell me what instrument you play though.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:40 AM   #5
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Oh, electric guitar.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:00 AM   #6
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

I play electric guitar in my band, too.
What guitar and equipment do you own? Do you play lead guitar?
I'd love to hear something by your band.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:49 AM   #7
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaK-Argentina View Post
I play electric guitar in my band, too.
What guitar and equipment do you own? Do you play lead guitar?
I'd love to hear something by your band.
My equipment is as ****ty as it gets. I have an ESP (LTD) Eclipse I've had four five years now that would make for an excellent second guitar, but I'm definitely going to get something more versatile and different in the near future.

I had a Marshall MG100 head with a 4 x 12 cab before I went off to school and sold that for money. Now I'm looking at a Fender FM100 and cab at a local music store. It's 859.00 retail, they got it for 499.00 - but the guy said he would probably cut me a deal.

Right now I just have my practice amplifier. I'm very poor right now.

I've never personally bought any effects pedals, but the other guitar player in our little shindig has several, (Boss DS-1, Blues Driver, Wah, Delay, etc.) that we fool around with. He has several amps, and recently purchased two mesa boogie 2x12 extension cabs. So we share a lot of equipment when we're together.

It's unlikely we'll bring up everything we had back to school due to the drummer and guitarist being in separate dorms now, me doing my own thing and our friend that plays bass just doesn't seem interested really anymore.

We never recorded anything, but just got together over the past year and played together wherever we could, whenever we could.

The drummer wants me to move off campus with him this next year and get a house so we can finally start practicing when we want without any hassle, and to actually write some good material without having any distractions.

So my equipment is definitely in flux right now. Hopefully next summer when I get more hours and have a lot more free time to work - I'll be able to make a couple of grand and spend perhaps half of it on getting a nice guitar and some accessories, pending what I do with the cash I'll be getting from my job this summer and the loan money that will probably get refunded back to me.

We'll see what happens, and I'll definitely keep you up to date.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:56 AM   #8
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Oh, and I've always been more of a rythym guy, although I am picking up on more aspects of playing to make me more diverse. Never really liked the whole "lead" thing. Just been more of a fan of doing the chords, progressions and writin' ultra cool riffs.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:25 PM   #9
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

Ok, thanks!

Playing lead is a lot more challenging and you have more "pressure" on you, sometimes it's more fun to play rythym and just enjoy the simpler aspects of music. I like both, and I'm actually doing both in my band, cause I'm the only guitarist. (we feel that keyboards add a lot more to the music than two guitars)

Man, I'd love to get some Mesa Boogie cabs, but I just can't afford them right now either. I recently bought a Korg AX5G for effects and the little thing kicks ass! Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqCADd4O3x4
It's cheap and definitely worth it if only to make your guitar sound better. (and it has some really cool acoustic and clean effects if you play a lot of chords)
I'm using it in rehearsals and I love it.

Anyway, I hope you can make something happen with your band and I'll be more than happy to hear any news.

Good luck!