The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:41 AM   #1
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default Moderator/Arbitration thread

It's come to my attention that we need to have a dialog.

There are tensions brewing over moderator functions on this board. I feel that sometimes vendettas maybe interpreted as action taken by people on this board. Now i'm not privy to all information available to a certain
situation(s), so i'm only making an appeal based on my own facts taken.

If there is an issue about a poster's behaviour, that person needs to have action taken. I think one reason things are boiling over (specifically about slap v. garcia) is the lack of information available to as why he was banned, etc.

Maybe this would be a good time to vent our issues/frustrations and resolve them in a manner that isn't childish, etc.

Thanks,

Josh
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2007, 10:43 AM   #2
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

during the offseason, this place sucks

that is all
Old 06-27-2007, 11:05 AM   #3
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Slap is a cockmunch sometimes.

Garcia is a troll sometimes.

Beerslug whines all the time.

Slap was banned for being a cockmunch by Garcia the mod, not Garcia the troll. Beerslug whines because his political threads are moved to the appropriate forum. Mods will from time to time move political threads of great importance to the main forum for a short period of time, or allow some important political threads to remain on te main forum but generally leave propaganda threads relegated to the propaganda forum. Beerslug whines about this because Garcia enforces the rules.

militia is right, the offseason is ****ing gay around here.

What I want to know is this. How come me telling Taco where he can stick a male body part merits a one month ban but Slap actively threatening people and wishing ill will on others only merits a one week ban? Where is the justice in that?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:08 AM   #4
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post

Slap was banned for being a cockmunch by Garcia the mod, not Garcia the troll. Beerslug whines because his political threads are moved to the appropriate forum. Mods will from time to time move political threads of great importance to the main forum for a short period of time, or allow some important political threads to remain on te main forum but generally leave propaganda threads relegated to the propaganda forum. Beerslug whines about this because Garcia enforces the rules.

Agree 100%
Old 06-27-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

What I want to know is this. How come me telling Taco where he can stick a male body part merits a one month ban but Slap actively threatening people and wishing ill will on others only merits a one week ban? Where is the justice in that?
100% agree as well.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:11 AM   #6
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Alec brings up a point, how do we level "fairness" or "objectivity" on actions, etc.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:13 AM   #7
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I find this place pretty entertaining even during the offseason. If it's so 'gay' or terrible, why do those who think so come during the Spring/Summer months?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:13 AM   #8
TheDave
Sauced...

I'm good... Then again, i doubt i will ever get my dander up about how people moderate an internet message board.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:13 AM   #9
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
Alec brings up a point, how do we level "fairness" or "objectivity" on actions, etc.
WE don't do it.....it is up to the mods, and for what it's worth...I think they do a great job. As one poster said in another thread....just act civil, don't be a prick to the Nth degree, and don't circumvent the filters.....and you'll be fine.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:17 AM   #10
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Everyone needs to be responsible for themself and not base their punishment on what someone else got.

I teach my daughter to be BE RESPONSIBLE FOR HERSELF! It cuts down on tattle tailing and the fact that she thinks she can blame someone else for her problems. She is only 4 & she is understanding how to be a responsible and respectful person.

It is none of our business what went down. We need to accept the disipline as does Slap.

to find out more Lee Canter Assertive Disipline techniques google Lee Canter Assertive Disipline.

I tell you the world would be a better place if people worried about their own actions/accepted responsibility for THEIR OWN ACTIONS/and kept their nose out of others business.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:21 AM   #11
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

If you ban Slap, some other people who add NOTHING to this site whatsoever and instead turn every thread they post in into a discussion about their favorite team need to go also.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:23 AM   #12
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:

ok trouble maker.....keep it up and I'm going to ban you at the southstands just for the hell of it

Last edited by bronco militia; 06-27-2007 at 11:27 AM..
Old 06-27-2007, 11:23 AM   #13
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens1893 View Post
If you ban Slap, some other people who add NOTHING to this site whatsoever and instead turn every thread they post in into a discussion about their favorite team need to go also.
You're comparing apples to oranges. You can't ban someone for talking about football, if it's about a team other than the Broncos.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:24 AM   #14
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

I call for a one week ban for the food jackers!
Old 06-27-2007, 11:25 AM   #15
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

people just love to b****. In reality the Orangemane has relatively hands off moderators. They'll move some threads around, which is nothing panty bunching as far as I'm concerned. Banning is pretty rare, so if you got banned, you probably deserved it. Banning isn't always punishment for one act ether, often times the person was on that road and finally went over the line.

Bottom line is, this is a pretty well run forum. I hope a bunch of whiners with sand in their crack don't ruin that for the majority of us.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:27 AM   #16
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens1893 View Post
Generalities breed contemp. Whachoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:29 AM   #17
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
people just love to b****. In reality the Orangemane has relatively hands off moderators. They'll move some threads around, which is nothing panty bunching as far as I'm concerned. Banning is pretty rare, so if you got banned, you probably deserved it. Banning isn't always punishment for one act ether, often times the person was on that road and finally went over the line.

Bottom line is, this is a pretty well run forum. I hope a bunch of whiners with sand in their crack don't ruin that for the majority of us.
Hence my post about BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS!
Old 06-27-2007, 11:33 AM   #18
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:

No Raenos, I b*tch when a "political" thread I post is removed without explanation and the mod in question renames it "keep political threads off the main forum".

Clearly a personal bias without regard to board rules being exercised by said mod.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:36 AM   #19
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

This place has turned into the:
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Old 06-27-2007, 11:36 AM   #20
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

I lurk here almost every day but do not post much as I am not interested in getting into some of the petty arguing and getting banned-I really like this site and would like to be involved but.........
Old 06-27-2007, 11:38 AM   #21
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Garcia's a tool.

BTW, I fully expect to be banned for this post.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:42 AM   #22
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
ok trouble maker.....keep it up and I'm going to ban you at the southstands just for the hell of it

Hehehe - make sure you get all my usernames. lol
Old 06-27-2007, 11:43 AM   #23
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
WE don't do it.....it is up to the mods, and for what it's worth...I think they do a great job. As one poster said in another thread....just act civil, don't be a prick to the Nth degree, and don't circumvent the filters.....and you'll be fine.
We DO. We influence board policy through our numbers. If enough people b**** about something, policy is changed. Taboos are set by society, we are a "society" - we set the taboos.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:50 AM   #24
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
We DO. We influence board policy through our numbers. If enough people b**** about something, policy is changed. Taboos are set by society, we are a "society" - we set the taboos.
In a sense, you are right. But this is not a democracy here. This is someone else's message board, and I get to post here for free. Therefore, IMO, it's my PRIVELEDGE to post here......NOT my right.

The owner/mods can have any rules they want.....if enough people REALLY thought the rules were bad, then they'd go find somewhere else to post. And if the mods don't want "subscribership" to drop, then yes, they would "listen" to the masses......

I just don't see that many "unhappy" people here.....so I go back to my original statement that this is a pretty damn well run place.....
Old 06-27-2007, 11:52 AM   #25
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
I beg to disagree. We are members of a privately run club. We have conciously joined this club knowing that we are to follow the rules or we are welcome to leave. It's an internet message board, meant for entertainment, not some upstart government trying to set a democratic prescendence.

The policy is "Don't be a dick," it's a good policy.
Closed Thread