The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2007, 08:57 PM   #11
freak6
Ring of Famer

Impeach President Cheney and Puppet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK

I select 6 foot 9, Hall of Famer, PF, Bob McAdoo.

Last player to average 30 and 15!!!!

McAdoo won the 1973 NBA Rookie of the Year Award in his first season, and earned the first of three consecutive NBA scoring titles in only his second season.

In 1974-75 he was awarded the NBA Most Valuable Player Award, averaging 34.5 points, 14.1 rebounds and 2.12 blocks per game,

while shooting 51.2 percent from the field and 80.5 percent from the free throw line.

This old schoolers stats aren't swayed with ABA numbers, straight NBA, and straight DOMINATED from the get go.

Despite injuries he had a 13 year career capped by helping the Lakers win 2 rings as thier 6th man.

I think I may have just gotten the steal of the draft. His per game stats are dramatically smaller due to him taking much less minutes to play with the Champion Lakers.

He left the NBA, and then went to Europe and won championships there before retiring at age 41.

Top Gunners

C - ?
PF - Bob McAdoo - Hall of Famer
SF - Larry Bird - Hall of Famer
SG - Kobe Bryant - Certain Hall of Famer
PG - Allen Iverson - Certain Hall of Famer

My squad is straight scoring. Fun to imagine Iverson breaking down whoever with defenders behind him unable to help with Larry sitting outside with Kobe, or Kobe cutting behind the double team, and McAdoo waiting in the wings to clean up.

Last edited by freak6; 06-20-2007 at 09:05 PM..
freak6 is offline   Reply With Quote