The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2007, 10:50 AM   #1
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW
Default Another worthless thread but what is offseason mode?

I notice some threads are moved and others are not? Either have it offseason or not instead of waffling back and forth. Can someone explain why we can have a draft lottery question, playoff discussion, Lebron thread main board but have to move the FA list thread or Llama thread?
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2007, 10:54 AM   #2
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I've wondered the same thing. I blame it on Garcia Matter of fact, I bet this ends up at the Butt by noon.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:17 PM   #3
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

I'm still wondering what offseason mode is? I don't mind having different categories but I would like some consistency. Why can there be no NBA threads on main forum but wesley snipe threads and other garbage like that?
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:20 PM   #4
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I would like to see some different threads. Maybe about marriage, more about electronics and such.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:21 PM   #5
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
I'm still wondering what offseason mode is? I don't mind having different categories but I would like some consistency. Why can there be no NBA threads on main forum but wesley snipe threads and other garbage like that?
There is an NBA Thread. It just gets pushed down and you have to go locate it. This is why I preferred the Hockey thread to stay in the Hockey forum. I could always find it quickly.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:23 PM   #6
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
I notice some threads are moved and others are not? Either have it offseason or not instead of waffling back and forth. Can someone explain why we can have a draft lottery question, playoff discussion, Lebron thread main board but have to move the FA list thread or Llama thread?
You have just violated the rules of offseason mode...prepare....for death.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:25 PM   #7
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
You have just violated the rules of offseason mode...prepare....for death.

Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:35 PM   #8
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I hate offseason mode.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:57 PM   #9
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

Some threads are just easier to find in the other sports type forums or the community forum. I personally don't like to see a ton of political threads in this forum because, believe it or not, they are worse than the old "Jake Debate" threads. If I want to go in there, I'll click on it. That's why that forum says it's loosely moderated!

Needless to say, I've no complaints with any actions thus far by any of the mods! Carry on with your great service!
smalltowngrll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:21 PM   #10
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

if it has any merit what-so-ever - it will be moved. The more retarded a thread - the more likley it will hang on the main board.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:24 PM   #11
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

The "Llama" threads... or any threads that single out a poster for special ridicule will generally be moved to the Butt. While it's certainly understandable that sometimes a poster will "deserve" to be singled out and served some crow, it's unseemly to have that "front-and-center" on the main forum where it's the first thing visitors to the forum will see.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #12
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

I only hang in Football forum so I like the diversity during offseason though actual football stuff falls off main page. In reality the actual football stuff falls only because people do not support them with posts.

If you want to see football stuff on the main page post something & support others with bumps at the least.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:53 PM   #13
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
The "Llama" threads... or any threads that single out a poster for special ridicule will generally be moved to the Butt. While it's certainly understandable that sometimes a poster will "deserve" to be singled out and served some crow, it's unseemly to have that "front-and-center" on the main forum where it's the first thing visitors to the forum will see.
This holds no water. You cannot "visit" this site. You have to be a registered member to view the OM. Personally I think there should not be an "off season" mode. Have a "pub" sub forum where anything goes....oh wait, there already is one. The football board should be any and all things NFL related, so what if it slows down from May to July.
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:46 PM   #14
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

No matter what the rules are, they will not make everyone happy! I suppose the solution would be to learn to adapt.
smalltowngrll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:23 PM   #15
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master___Pain View Post
This holds no water. You cannot "visit" this site. You have to be a registered member to view the OM. Personally I think there should not be an "off season" mode. Have a "pub" sub forum where anything goes....oh wait, there already is one. The football board should be any and all things NFL related, so what if it slows down from May to July.
Personally, I do prefer "on-season mode"... this forum's "raison d'etre" is football and while people enjoy discussing off-topics, hey, that's what the off-topics subforum is for. Why have subforums if everyone's gonna just post whatever on the main board anyway? Any move a mod makes is likely to spark a whine during "off-season mode".... and then when we do return to "on-season mode" there's always an adjustment time as some get used to the idea that the main board really is back to football-only.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:08 PM   #16
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Personally, I do prefer "on-season mode"... this forum's "raison d'etre" is football and while people enjoy discussing off-topics, hey, that's what the off-topics subforum is for. Why have subforums if everyone's gonna just post whatever on the main board anyway? Any move a mod makes is likely to spark a whine during "off-season mode".... and then when we do return to "on-season mode" there's always an adjustment time as some get used to the idea that the main board really is back to football-only.
Completely agree Blue, but it's not our board.
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:11 PM   #17
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master___Pain View Post
Completely agree Blue, but it's not our board.
But it kinda is "our board"... without the posters, the Mane wouldn't be what it is now. It's just that in "off-season mode" it starts to seem like Chefs Planet Part Deux.

Oh, well... training camp isn't all that far off and with it will come football news and before we know it... on season mode!

Dunno about you but I'm incredibly anxious for the first glimpse of the '07 Broncos....