The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2007, 08:04 PM   #1426
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
Wrong again. The state is only giving so much % of the revenue from gambling to cover the commitment towards a new arena. The rest of the cost is run from teh team with concessions, ticket price, etc.

oh ok well thats much better, i know id be happy knowing i only paid a little bit for the arena rather then alot, gimmie a break, why should anybody outside of pittsburgh pay for the team or arena ? what do they get out of the deal NOTHING.

3 years from now nobody will go to the games again, this time you wont have the old arena excuse, or the bad salarys, i mean there is a cap and you get money from other teams so what will the excuse be then ? how many times can one team go bankrupt.

Oh and dont forget, your hero mario gave up on you, he sold the team, only the nhl kept them there, god only knows why.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:47 PM   #1427
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Because the Pittsburgh Penguins sound like a gazillion times better than the Kansas City Penguins. Ew. Yuck.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:39 PM   #1428
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:06 AM   #1429
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
oh ok well thats much better, i know id be happy knowing i only paid a little bit for the arena rather then alot, gimmie a break, why should anybody outside of pittsburgh pay for the team or arena ? what do they get out of the deal NOTHING.

3 years from now nobody will go to the games again, this time you wont have the old arena excuse, or the bad salarys, i mean there is a cap and you get money from other teams so what will the excuse be then ? how many times can one team go bankrupt.

Oh and dont forget, your hero mario gave up on you, he sold the team, only the nhl kept them there, god only knows why.

You mean like the state giving money to the eagles and a fat tax break for the comcast centre? Ed Rendell makes sure his PHI connections are covered.

PS - even when the pens were shiate - they still had an 80% capacity rating. Mario did have the team sold, but he's not selling now that they have an arena. But it's ok - it's obvious you hate the penguins so you act like a schmuck who likes to run off at the mouth and make an ass of 'imself. So without further adeui - please carry on.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:44 PM   #1430
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Damn..Giguere was awesome during that Ottawa 5 on 3 there.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:54 PM   #1431
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

OK, I'll fully admit I haven't watched a lot of hockey this season, but these last two games have been some of the best I've seen in a long time.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:09 AM   #1432
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Crosby to be youngest team captain in NHL
The Kid trades 'A' for the 'C' next year
Thursday, May 31, 2007

By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Penguins center Sidney Crosby will become the youngest captain in NHL history today.

Sidney Crosby: Making history again.
The team will formalize his appointment at a news conference at Mellon Arena.

Crosby has served as an alternate captain for most of his two seasons in pro hockey. He shared those duties with Mark Recchi, Sergei Gonchar and, before he severed ties to the team, John LeClair the past season.

Crosby, who will not turn 20 until Aug. 8, became the youngest scoring champion in league history in 2006-07, when he put up 120 points.

Vincent Lecavalier, who succeeded Chris Gratton as captain of Tampa Bay when Gratton was traded late in the 1999-2000 season, is the NHL's youngest captain to date but was about a month older than Crosby is when he inherited the "C."

Neither Crosby nor team officials could be reached for comment, but moving him into the captaincy for 2007-08 is an idea that has received almost universal support, inside and outside the organization, for many months.

The Penguins have not had a captain since a heart ailment forced Mario Lemieux to retire during the 2005-06 season.

Crosby will be the 12th captain in franchise history. The others are Ab McDonald, Ron Schock, Jean Pronovost, Orest Kindrachuk, Randy Carlyle, Mike Bullard, Terry Ruskowski, Dan Frawley, Lemieux, Ron Francis and Jaromir Jagr.

http://www.pittsburghpost-gazette.co.../790422-61.stm

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:33 PM   #1433
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Wow, Ducks are a very physical team. But the Sens have too much character to let this series go.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:46 PM   #1434
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
Wow, Ducks are a very physical team. But the Sens have too much character to let this series go.
hehehe - you sound like a BUF fan....
Old 05-31-2007, 03:29 PM   #1435
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Gotta say, I wasnt exactly stunned when the idiots booed the Canadian national anthem during game one, but my disgust came when the fools wouldnt shut the **** up during the moment of silence on Memorial Day of all days... bunch of classless idiots.
That being said, the noise inside the building for the past two games was damn intense. Even if this series is getting just a blip for ratings on TV, its been highly entertaining to see.

JSG has been impressive and that physical presence they put on the Sens has been a bit of a stunner. I'd be shocked if Ottawa was swept though. If it werent for incredible goaltending, this series would already be a foregone conclusion.

Calijohn, you secure tix for game 5?
Pezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:39 PM   #1436
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman View Post
Gotta say, I wasnt exactly stunned when the idiots booed the Canadian national anthem during game one, but my disgust came when the fools wouldnt shut the **** up during the moment of silence on Memorial Day of all days... bunch of classless idiots.
That being said, the noise inside the building for the past two games was damn intense. Even if this series is getting just a blip for ratings on TV, its been highly entertaining to see.

JSG has been impressive and that physical presence they put on the Sens has been a bit of a stunner. I'd be shocked if Ottawa was swept though. If it werent for incredible goaltending, this series would already be a foregone conclusion.

Calijohn, you secure tix for game 5?

I wasnt around for game one and got into the game late on game 2 so i wouldnt know but if someone is booing the Anthem with 75% of the team Canadian, then I can say that those are your Johnny come lately fans that dont know sheat about the origins of Hockey or where there players live. I have season seats so i do have game 5.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:45 PM   #1437
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Yeah, kept thinking to myself, these types of games bring out the kooks no matter what arena it is... still, you think they'd show more respect for the freaking moment of silence. Lamers suck.

You get stuck on the 57 traffic nightmare getting to game 2 as well? Ack!
If it goes 7 games, I'll have duckets for it, but I didnt secure anything for game 5. I imagine it will be nuts there if the Ducks can close it out at home in game 5 though.

All this hype makes me miss being in Colorado for a Stanley Cup run... That was the most exciting times man. The whole state was buzzing. Good times... good times.
Pezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:14 PM   #1438
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I wasnt around for game one and got into the game late on game 2 so i wouldnt know but if someone is booing the Anthem with 75% of the team Canadian, then I can say that those are your Johnny come lately fans that dont know sheat about the origins of Hockey or where there players live. I have season seats so i do have game 5.
that pretty much describes the Ducks fanbase.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:29 PM   #1439
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Champ, at least our fans are still around for the playoffs. Dont ever compare the season ticket base to those yahoos. I did get a pix of Snoop entering the arena. I think he was the only black guy in the building.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:02 PM   #1440
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Champ, at least our fans are still around for the playoffs. Dont ever compare the season ticket base to those yahoos. I did get a pix of Snoop entering the arena. I think he was the only black guy in the building.
Come on man, I went to a Ducks game 2 weeks ago when they played the Dead Things and some guy in front of me in a McDonald or Perry jersey was asking why all the players have beards! I looked at my freind (Quack fan) and went "are you ****ing serious?"

Yeah I saw Snoop, ****ing traitor.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:00 PM   #1441
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Predators Moving to Hamilton, Canada. Deal is in place per TSN.

Quote:
The Hamilton Spectator reports that the City of Hamilton has re-activated an agreement with Waterloo billionaire Jim Balsillie, giving him exclusive rights to bring an NHL team to Copps Coliseum.

The news comes just one week after Balsillie, co-CEO of BlackBerry innovator Research In Motion, agreed to buy the NHL's Nashville Predators last week for US$220 million.

According to The Spectator, Balsillie approached the city late last week through Toronto lawyer Richard Rodier which led to several behind-the-scenes discussions with Hamilton Mayor Fred Eisenberger.

"He has assured me that he wants to secure a team and he is interested in bringing it to Hamilton," Eisenberger told The Spectator. "Certainly he has the resources to do it and we will leave it up to him to pull it together."

The paper adds that the city is also negotiating to give Balsillie the right to run Hamilton Place and the Convention Centre if he brings in an NHL team franchise.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=209447&hubname=

Those predator fans must feel like crap, really hate to see a team move but at least it is back in Canada.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:21 PM   #1442
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
some guy in front of me in a McDonald or Perry jersey was asking why all the players have beards! I looked at my freind (Quack fan) and went "are you ****ing serious?"
Old 05-31-2007, 10:49 PM   #1443
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
You mean like the state giving money to the eagles and a fat tax break for the comcast centre? Ed Rendell makes sure his PHI connections are covered.

PS - even when the pens were shiate - they still had an 80% capacity rating. Mario did have the team sold, but he's not selling now that they have an arena. But it's ok - it's obvious you hate the penguins so you act like a schmuck who likes to run off at the mouth and make an ass of 'imself. So without further adeui - please carry on.
well why shouldnt he, philly is the 6th largest city in the US, and pittsburgh is nothing, sorry majority rules, this is a democracy isnt it ? as for your comments about being 80% capacity ? wtf are you talking about you were dead last the year before the lockout averaging like 11,000 fans a game. Like i said third times a charm, and the third bankruptcy of the penguins will be the last one. And yes i do hate the penguins, it may have to do with the fact that they beat the flyers 8 times this year, now if you keep that up for the next 13 years you should almost even the overall record between the teams.

And as for the post about the preds moving to hamilton, it is far from a done deal, read the actual article, all balsille did was reaquire the rights to put a team in cops, meaning that nobody else can, it dosnet mean he will tho. Buttman may still come up and save the preds like he did the pens.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:41 PM   #1444
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
well why shouldnt he, philly is the 6th largest city in the US, and pittsburgh is nothing, sorry majority rules, this is a democracy isnt it ? as for your comments about being 80% capacity ? wtf are you talking about you were dead last the year before the lockout averaging like 11,000 fans a game. Like i said third times a charm, and the third bankruptcy of the penguins will be the last one. And yes i do hate the penguins, it may have to do with the fact that they beat the flyers 8 times this year, now if you keep that up for the next 13 years you should almost even the overall record between the teams.

And as for the post about the preds moving to hamilton, it is far from a done deal, read the actual article, all balsille did was reaquire the rights to put a team in cops, meaning that nobody else can, it dosnet mean he will tho. Buttman may still come up and save the preds like he did the pens.
Yeah they have a 14k capacity arena, they have 11k show up - that's 78% - Ahem. Here's a mint, you've been talkin so much **** you got halitosis.

So you got a stick in your ass cuz the flyers suck. Get used to it, for now and ever - PHILLY CURSE. City gets what it deserves, and that's to have it's heart ripped out over and over again.

In tribute to Mock - STFU Dimwit - go buy a vowel.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:21 AM   #1445
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:21 PM   #1446
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Yeah they have a 14k capacity arena, they have 11k show up - that's 78% - Ahem. Here's a mint, you've been talkin so much **** you got halitosis.

So you got a stick in your ass cuz the flyers suck. Get used to it, for now and ever - PHILLY CURSE. City gets what it deserves, and that's to have it's heart ripped out over and over again.

In tribute to Mock - STFU Dimwit - go buy a vowel.
Why so offensive? He is right you know. 11,000 is pathetic when you got Crosby playing too.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:27 PM   #1447
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
Why so offensive? He is right you know. 11,000 is pathetic when you got Crosby playing too.
Man reading comprehension must be at an all time low.

He wasn't talking about when crosby was playing - he was talking about the span of time when there was no mario, jagr, kovalev, lang, francis, etc - when they sold the whole team off for cash & kris beech. When Ryan malone & Dick Tarnstrom were the leading scorers for the team. Yes, when they won like 11 games - they still had about an 80% fill rate. WITH NOBODIES they still got an 80% fill rate.

Now with crosby playing, etc - they had great attendance. But of course you Pens haters don't see facts.

So again in honor of Mock - until you get the facts straight -

STFU Dimwit - go buy a vowel 8ui0-q38u032;
Old 06-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #1448
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Stanley Cup finals ratings down 22 percent from last year

NEW YORK -- The Stanley Cup finals lost nearly a quarter of what already was a small television audience. Anaheim's 1-0 victory over Ottawa in Game 2 on Wednesday night got a 0.6 cable rating on Versus and was watched in 446,000 homes in the United States.

The rating was down 33 percent from last year's second game, a 5-0 victory for Carolina over Edmonton, which received a 0.9 cable rating (600,000 homes) on OLN, as the same network was known then.

Through two games, the Stanley Cup finals averaged a 0.7 rating, down 22 percent from last year's 0.9, and households are down 20 percent, to 485,000 from 606,000 last year.

The remainder of the series will be broadcast by NBC, starting with Game 3 at Ottawa on Saturday night.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:37 PM   #1449
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Can we say that versus and the way they show hockey on TV makes it unwatchable?
Old 06-01-2007, 03:45 PM   #1450
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Can we say that versus and the way they show hockey on TV makes it unwatchable?
who cares, when you think about it....despite the ratings and the fans b****ing about the scheduling, ownership is happy about everything since the lockout.