The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2007, 11:32 AM   #176
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
I'm joining the downtwn YMCA on June 1 - it's just $99 for the whole summer, ZER0 signup. Basketball, volleyball, weights, pool, sauna, steam, tub, that'll help.

I should be at or under 300 by June 1 ... 260 is my Labor Day target. Is 40 pounds in 95 days too much?

40 pounds in 95 days seems reasonable but might be pushing it a bit. That's about 13 1/2 weeks. You should aim for about 2-3 pounds a week in weight loss on average (some weeks you may lose nothing and others you may lose 5). Slow weight loss is the best way to retrain your body into a comfort zone with the new weight. So, with an average of 2-3 pounds a week your weight loss would be 26-40 pounds in 95 days. Maybe make your goal more like 33 pounds in 95 days?

Keep in mind also that in order to drop one pound of fat you have to burn 3500 more calories than what you take in.
smalltowngrll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:40 AM   #177
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

I'm at -9 at least in about 5 weeks. (Going by my scale...going by the doc's office it could be a little more...)
Mostly, I exercise more and eat a lot less carbs.
I cut out pasta and bread! Added more protein.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:38 PM   #178
REB
LP.org/L4L.org

"This one's for John!" 3:16

When I started working out again a month ago I never weighed myself. I know I have "a bit" of a beer belly but my main goal was to get my lungs and heart in better shape. Well I weighed myself this morning and I'm at 229. I looked up my Weight height index and I should be 170 so I need to lose 60 lbs. Wasn't expecting that. So I jumped back on the treadmill again today and plan on doing it 6 days a week instead of the 3 I've been doing.
REB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:29 PM   #179
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Down to 203 now. Based on the whole height weight index table, I'm within eight pounds of no longer being "officially overweight."
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:31 PM   #180
REB
LP.org/L4L.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Down to 203 now. Based on the whole height weight index table, I'm within eight pounds of no longer being "officially overweight."
Nice job OD
Old 05-18-2007, 03:40 PM   #181
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

The main thing is, REB, to just find something that works, and something you can live with and just stick with it.

Once you get some momentum going that way, then things just start taking care of themselves.

It's like the title of Joe Namath's biography:

Can't Wait to Get Up in the Morning 'Cause I Get Better Lookin' Every Day

(that might not be true for Joe Willie, anymore, but it's a nice thought anyway)
Old 05-18-2007, 04:04 PM   #182
REB
LP.org/L4L.org

Quote:
The main thing is, REB, to just find something that works, and something you can live with and just stick with it.

Once you get some momentum going that way, then things just start taking care of themselves.

It's like the title of Joe Namath's biography:

Can't Wait to Get Up in the Morning 'Cause I Get Better Lookin' Every Day

(that might not be true for Joe Willie, anymore, but it's a nice thought anyway)
Old 05-18-2007, 09:30 PM   #183
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Anyone ever rode bike in a hailstorm? Not fun
I hurt my toe

Last edited by Sassy; 05-18-2007 at 10:41 PM..
Old 05-19-2007, 07:22 PM   #184
REB
LP.org/L4L.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
Anyone ever rode bike in a hailstorm? Not fun
I hurt my toe
Doesn't sound like much fun to me Sass and I hope your toe feels better.

I worked out 4 days this pass week and will take tomorrow off. Starting mon. I hope to do 6 days a week mon.-sat. as long as my bad ankle can handle it. I also ordered these...

http://www.quitsmoking.com/ezquit.htm

and I have some nicorrette gum to help me begin the quitting process. I hope they help me.

Last edited by REB; 05-19-2007 at 07:25 PM..
Old 05-20-2007, 02:31 AM   #185
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Thanks Reb...it does.
I was stupidly wearing flip flops when I rode last night...usually wear my skechers. Anyway, lightening, thunder and hail hit when I was 2 miles from home...and in the part of town I was riding in I didnt have shelter right away until I had already been riding in hail for a few blocks...OUCH! That stung.

Good luck with your non-smoking!
Old 05-20-2007, 12:10 PM   #186
REB
LP.org/L4L.org

Quote:
Thanks Reb...it does.
I was stupidly wearing flip flops when I rode last night...usually wear my skechers. Anyway, lightening, thunder and hail hit when I was 2 miles from home...and in the part of town I was riding in I didnt have shelter right away until I had already been riding in hail for a few blocks...OUCH! That stung.

Good luck with your non-smoking!
Thanx! I haven't quit yet. I'm working on gradually cutting down.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:22 AM   #187
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Biked and water aerobics last night...my knees are killing me again. It's got to be the bike seat

On a side note...I didn't get hailed on!
Old 05-22-2007, 08:14 PM   #188
REB
LP.org/L4L.org

Quote:
Biked and water aerobics last night...my knees are killing me again. It's got to be the bike seat

On a side note...I didn't get hailed on!
Good job Sass!

So far I'm on schedule to do 6 days this week. I worked out yesterday and today
Old 05-22-2007, 08:18 PM   #189
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

GO REB!
It's been extremely windy here today (car was shaking when I was driving and I went to get gas and about blew away!) ...but if it calms down, I'll hit the bike trail...and listen to a little Redhawk baseball while I ride...
Old 05-29-2007, 05:06 PM   #190
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Argh! Kind of stuck on my 7 lbs...but I don't think I've gained any.
Just been hard to ride bike with the weather and too much good food with the holiday weekend!
Old 05-29-2007, 05:31 PM   #191
REB
LP.org/L4L.org

I added ab work to my routine today. We have this contraption called an AB Swing. I call it the sex swing . I could really start to feel it in my lower stomach after about 30 of them.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:00 PM   #192
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

So, I start my four week intensive boot camp on Monday. I'm excited about that. This will be a first for me. I hear it's pretty intense and they push you pretty far, which is EXACTLY what I need.

Dropped 5 this week...I think it's due to stress, though. Not eating right, much, hardly at all. Ok, not good. No wonder I'm struggling in my runs. Got to get my head screwed back on straight. Needless to say, I'm not proudly saying I dropped 5 in less than a week. But, it'd be nice if it stayed off!
Old 05-29-2007, 07:15 PM   #193
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngrll View Post
So, I start my four week intensive boot camp on Monday. I'm excited about that. This will be a first for me. I hear it's pretty intense and they push you pretty far, which is EXACTLY what I need.

Dropped 5 this week...I think it's due to stress, though. Not eating right, much, hardly at all. Ok, not good. No wonder I'm struggling in my runs. Got to get my head screwed back on straight. Needless to say, I'm not proudly saying I dropped 5 in less than a week. But, it'd be nice if it stayed off!
FIVE?! You told me that was too much in one week!

What kind of boot camp ... to get ready for your cruise? I know there's plenty of food on those things, so be prepared. Running seems like such high impact though ...
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:57 PM   #194
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Back to it! 11 miles on the bike tonight...and my knees will probably pay for it tomorrow...but it felt good!
Old 05-30-2007, 05:47 AM   #195
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Eight more pounds? I thought 205 was the magic number ... you say 203 and I'm thinking it's time for a guilt-free KFC or T-Bone steak.
Eight more? When does it end, OD?! A stiff wind might cause you trouble soon ...

Serious, congrats - you are a shining example.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:28 PM   #196
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Eight more pounds? I thought 205 was the magic number ... you say 203 and I'm thinking it's time for a guilt-free KFC or T-Bone steak.
Eight more? When does it end, OD?! A stiff wind might cause you trouble soon ...

Serious, congrats - you are a shining example.
Thanks.

I didn't think I'd break the 205 barrier quite this fast. (I'm actually at 202 right now.) I don't feel much urgency at this point, and I already have "cheated" with a big dinner here or there, but my daily routine has turned into more or less of a habit. There's no reason to change it, so I'm just going to stay with it and see what happens. The rate of weight loss should slow down from here on out anyway.

I'll be rooting for the rest of you folks!
Old 05-31-2007, 05:34 PM   #197
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

Ok, it's now official. There is no backing out, now! Just registered for my race...three weeks from Saturday! Ugh, now I'm all nervous. And, I've run this race before. So, if anyone is in the neighborhood on the 23rd of June and wants to come cheer me on, I'll need all the cheers anywhere from mile 9 through 12! That's the hardest portion. That's where the sun begins to beat down on you and you feel like you are about to just roll over and die!
Old 05-31-2007, 06:00 PM   #198
REB
LP.org/L4L.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngrll View Post
Ok, it's now official. There is no backing out, now! Just registered for my race...three weeks from Saturday! Ugh, now I'm all nervous. And, I've run this race before. So, if anyone is in the neighborhood on the 23rd of June and wants to come cheer me on, I'll need all the cheers anywhere from mile 9 through 12! That's the hardest portion. That's where the sun begins to beat down on you and you feel like you are about to just roll over and die!
Good luck stg!
Old 05-31-2007, 07:39 PM   #199
JanaŽ
World's cutest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed McCaffrey ;)

Wow STG.. you truly are an inspiration. All of you are. OD with all your weight loss, Sassy with your biking 11 miles, STG with your boot camps and races, and REB with your determination.. I need to get in gear! I haven't lost anything yet.. but I haven't really stuck to it either. I have cut Starbucks out of my routine, and only have it once every few weeks, if even that, and that's a good thing. I stopped drinking soda for the most part and substituted it for Vitamin Water. I don't know if that's much better since it has a lot of sugar in it, but I know it's better than soda! I bought an Ab Lounge and have been using it almost every day for a few weeks. I hope it produces results!
JanaŽ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:05 PM   #200
REB
LP.org/L4L.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaŽ View Post
Wow STG.. you truly are an inspiration. All of you are. OD with all your weight loss, Sassy with your biking 11 miles, STG with your boot camps and races, and REB with your determination.. I need to get in gear! I haven't lost anything yet.. but I haven't really stuck to it either. I have cut Starbucks out of my routine, and only have it once every few weeks, if even that, and that's a good thing. I stopped drinking soda for the most part and substituted it for Vitamin Water. I don't know if that's much better since it has a lot of sugar in it, but I know it's better than soda! I bought an Ab Lounge and have been using it almost every day for a few weeks. I hope it produces results!