The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #101
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
-

Or maybe this is what's going on for some reason:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/pa...ml?theme=light

No, this has been going on for a long time, whereas the amount of radio wave saturation has increased exponentially with the increase in cell usage and coverage.

I'm not implying this is the reason, but some are pointing to it being a possible culprit.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:45 AM   #102
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

What will happen next is that there will be no more human pregnancies. No more children will be born. Society will become more fascist. No child will be born for 18 years. And then, suddenly, secretly, some woman will become pregnant. Different revolutionary groups will try to claim her as their own to enhance their own images and political agendas... wait a minute. Have I heard this somewhere before?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:48 AM   #103
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
What will happen next is that there will be no more human pregnancies. No more children will be born. Society will become more fascist. No child will be born for 18 years. And then, suddenly, secretly, some woman will become pregnant. Different revolutionary groups will try to claim her as their own to enhance their own images and political agendas... wait a minute. Have I heard this somewhere before?
I don't know but sounds like a hell of a movie!!
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:54 AM   #104
Atlas

Quote:
Ya, or maybe the missing bee issue is tied to the freaky weather. Or maybe it's tied to the mite that carry's a parisite that kills bees.....
No because if it was mites the bees would be dead in the hive. This is a case where there are no bees. They're missing, they're gone. If it was freaky weather the bee problem would probably be limited in certain areas but this is happening all over the U.S and all over Europe and South America.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:03 AM   #105
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
No because if it was mites the bees would be dead in the hive. This is a case where there are no bees. They're missing, they're gone. If it was freaky weather the bee problem would probably be limited in certain areas but this is happening all over the U.S and all over Europe and South America.
Alien abductions.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #106
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Not if there's been an infection and they don't return to the hives.....

Geee - ya think that freaky world weather is causing freaky world wide changes in animal behaviour? Esp. for an insect?

Did you stop using your cellphone?
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:27 PM   #107
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I've discovered why this is happening. Earth's polarity is reversing.

http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/RevScience.html
Old 04-24-2007, 06:33 PM   #108
Atlas

Quote:
Not if there's been an infection and they don't return to the hives.....

Geee - ya think that freaky world weather is causing freaky world wide changes in animal behaviour? Esp. for an insect?

Did you stop using your cellphone?

Cell phone What cell phone
Old 04-24-2007, 08:01 PM   #109
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
They've learned to construct simple sails which they mount on icebergs, and they've mastered use of a sextant.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:18 PM   #110
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Who's going to determine who lives and who dies?
We can start with chief and raider fans.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:39 PM   #111
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

We need to equip them with tiny cell phone/GPS systems if the earth is switching polarity. Nano engineers, get on it pronto.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:49 PM   #112
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

IMO, it's quite possible that all the airwaves saturating the skies may be confusing their radar. Another might be a lack of diversification genetically. It's not good that's for sure.

For some reason the Busy Bees can't find home.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:21 PM   #113
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
I've discovered why this is happening. Earth's polarity is reversing.

http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/RevScience.html
I've heard this before. With the sun shooting out some massive gamma flares, it could aid in this as well.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:44 PM   #114
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default GM crop failure a warning, says US adviser

GM crop failure a warning, says US adviser

GM crop failure a warning, says US adviser

A former agricultural adviser to US presidents says the failure of a genetically modified field pea trial should act as a warning for future GM crop testing.

The 10-year CSIRO trial was abandoned when tests found the peas were making mice seriously ill.

Dr Charles Benbrook, who advised presidents Carter, Bush senior, Reagan and Clinton says the field pea trial failure shows current GM crop testing is grossly inadequate.

"I don't believe that this new study proves that all genetically engineered food is posing a great threat to people but it certainly confirms the need to go back and look at the major food crops," he said.

He has called for changes to the Gene Technology Act, which is currently under review, to tighten GM crop regulation and increase scientific scrutiny of potential commercial varieties.

But the Grains Council's David Ginns says the failed field pea trial was an isolated case, and the fact health concerns were discovered shows current monitoring is adequate.

"It picked up a problem early and the project was terminated on the basis that there were concerns raised in the trial."
Old 05-02-2008, 12:54 AM   #115
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Well, they found some of the bees:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...s.in.wall.wrdw
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:53 AM   #116
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://warofillusions.wordpress.com/...-bee-colonies/

The 6 hit combo that KO’s bee colonies
Old 07-07-2008, 10:15 AM   #117
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
http://warofillusions.wordpress.com/...-bee-colonies/

The 6 hit combo that KOs bee colonies
I still think the cell phone bit is bogus. There is no evidence that cell phones have any effect on a Bee's ability to find their colony.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:24 AM   #118
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I still think the cell phone bit is bogus. There is no evidence that cell phones have any effect on a Bee's ability to find their colony.
I think it's a "contributing" factor.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #119
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
I think it's a "contributing" factor.
All evidence to the contrary? Your own article says Bee die-offs are cyclical and the over-breeding raises some concerns. I posted an article earlier in this thread that totally destroys the cell-phone theory and the article you posted is from the same old and inaccurate test on the Bees.

I say again, there is no evidence that cell phones have any affect on bees. That's not even what the antennae are trying to pick up. This is one of those things where people look at an insect's antennae and then erroneously conclude that the antennae on our electronic devices work under the same principles because they look the same. I can understand why someone looking at a bee might lean that direction based on their own understanding of what we use an antenna for, but it's a good example of misplaced intuition leading to pseudo-science. Bee's don't work on a radio frequency.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #120
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
All evidence to the contrary? Your own article says Bee die-offs are cyclical and the over-breeding raises some concerns. I posted an article earlier in this thread that totally destroys the cell-phone theory and the article you posted is from the same old and inaccurate test on the Bees.

I say again, there is no evidence that cell phones have any affect on bees. That's not even what the antennae are trying to pick up. This is one of those things where people look at an insect's antennae and then erroneously conclude that the antennae on our electronic devices work under the same principles because they look the same. I can understand why someone looking at a bee might lean that direction based on their own understanding of what we use an antenna for, but it's a good example of misplaced intuition leading to pseudo-science. Bee's don't work on a radio frequency.
You have no clue as to the environmental impact of power lines and cell towers. Maybe you should read up.

that article pointed out 6 possible factors - maybe you should go back and re-read the material as well as do some research to what i just listed for you.

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #121
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
You have no clue as to the environmental impact of power lines and cell towers. Maybe you should read up.

that article pointed out 6 possible factors - maybe you should go back and re-read the material as well as do some research to what i just listed for you.

Thanks!
Actually I do have a clue and after reading what you posted I think you need to look deeper. Neither you nor the person in that article did their homework. The original study done in Germany (which again was one study that already has holes) wasn't even tested against radio waves, which is what Cell phones work off of. It was testing magnetic field influence from cordless phones. This throws the entire premise for the warning out the window because it was a case where the author of the story misunderstood what the scientists were doing. So it's really just bad journalism. (Though I don't believe electromagnetic fields are killing bees either).

If this was really happening, then other insects that have anntenae would be dying off as well. They aren't.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #122
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Whatever man - believe what you what. I gave you enough to show you that EMF causes problems in environment. Only a fool believes there's no impact.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:20 AM   #123
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Whatever man - believe what you what. I gave you enough to show you that EMF causes problems in environment. Only a fool believes there's no impact.
Now wait a minute amesj, the thread was about cell phones affecting bees, not EMF affecting the environment generally speaking. That's all I'm addressing here. The study, that by the scientists own insistence is too small to draw conclusions from, wasn't even testing cellular technology. So I think we can agree that there is no evidence that cell phones affect bees. Now you may have a hypothesis that they do, but to date no study has been conducted and no one of import is requesting we explore this as a cause for the bee die-off. I think we can agree that when it comes to cell phones killing bees the whole story is a good case of journalism gone wrong. EMF's affect on the environment overall is a totally different topic and I don't claim to be an expert there, nor was I speaking to that point.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:21 AM   #124
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
They've learned to construct simple sails which they mount on icebergs, and they've mastered use of a sextant.
I heard they roped themselves a couple of seaturtles that guided them over there.
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:26 AM   #125
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
You saw that movie too eh?
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote