The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2007, 06:22 PM   #1226
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
What did he do? Everyone knows he's a dirtbag.
I hadn't said it in a while and it felt overdue.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:48 PM   #1227
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
I hadn't said it in a while and it felt overdue.
I totally understand that instinct. I think most players in the league feel that way too.

In happier tones...that Pens/Sens tilt today was a lot of fun to watch. The Pens wouldn't say die, and kept coming back. I thought that physically Ottawa put a bit of a whoppin' on them, but Pitt wouldn't back down. They picked their spots (Ruutu's silly penalty aside). The forechecking on Staal's tying score was sick, and Sid the Kid's game winner was a pure goal scorers goal. He roofed it off the freaking shaft of his stick. Gary Roberts looks young.

I do enjoy rooting against Canadian teams.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:49 PM   #1228
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Congrats on the win, but everyone knows the Pens don't deserve this win. The Sens outplayed the Pens, enough said. The referees were horrible. Stop with this **** and let the teams play even strength. Anyways, I'm confident the Sens will come up victorious next 2 games.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:40 PM   #1229
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Chico Resch is openly applauding Brian Gionta for taking a dive.

Unbelievable.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:11 PM   #1230
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
Just me speculating based on Forsberg's comments after the last Avs/Preds game.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_5620764

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I'll hold on to it as long as possible.
Hmmm, that was very interesting. My jerseys are still sitting in my closet collecting dust. I need a reason to sport one again!

Congrats SoCal on the win!

I missed all the games today because I was out trying to break some bones or something on my new dirt bike. It's not a matter of if it will happen, it's when.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:13 PM   #1231
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I'm of the opinion that most of the refereeing in the playoff games that I've watched so far, has been atrocious.

That first Van/Dallas game, they weren't callin' ****. Then they made up by calling just about everything.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:47 AM   #1232
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Can the mod who put this thread on the main page, please move it to the other sports forum? It shouldn't have been moved in the first place. There are not a lot of hockey fans on the 'mane...so let the people who give a f*** find the thread with ease.

We (hockey fans) let it slide when Pez decided our original thread was too big and contracted it...so fair mods (Read: SoCal) move it back to a sub forum please.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:57 AM   #1233
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Can the mod who put this thread on the main page, please move it to the other sports forum? It shouldn't have been moved in the first place. There are not a lot of hockey fans on the 'mane...so let the people who give a **** find the thread with ease.

We (hockey fans) let it slide when Pez decided our original thread was too big and contracted it...so fair mods (Read: SoCal) move it back to a sub forum please.
Ok, I know some of you were displeased about the move to the main forum. I apologize for moving it up, I just thought since the playoffs were here and since we were in the offseason anyway, moving it up would be a good idea, but since several of you guys would prefer it to be in the NHL forum, I will definitely honor your wishes.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:27 AM   #1234
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Ok, I know some of you were displeased about the move to the main forum. I apologize for moving it up, I just thought since the playoffs were here and since we were in the offseason anyway, moving it up would be a good idea, but since several of you guys would prefer it to be in the NHL forum, I will definitely honor your wishes.
Your heart is definitely in the right place...but us hockey fans are in the minority. In the NHL forum/thread we don't have to deal with imus or clayton threads. It's all hockey, and it's fun.

I'll tell you what SoCal...your Pens showed some grit today. Ruutu should be a scratch for the rest of the playoffs...but boy...they made some nice moves. Laraque shouldn't be a scratch for the rest of the series. Ottawa was taking the body REAL hard today. I'm probably in the minority but I'd love Georges Laraque on my fourth line in the playoffs. Especially with Chris Neil on the other side.

In any case...thanks for moving the thread.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:15 AM   #1235
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Foppa seems open to returning
By Mark Kiszla
Denver Post Staff Columnist
Article Last Updated:04/08/2007 12:41:10 AM MDT

Peter Forsberg, won't you please come home?

Forsberg broke Colorado's heart. Again.

He came back to town for the first time as a visiting player, and halted a remarkable late-season playoff drive by his former team, bumping the Avs from the playoffs for the first time since they moved to Denver in 1995.
So one impossible dream ended for the Avs, with a 4-2 loss to Forsberg and Nashville.

But let an even better hockey fantasy for Colorado fans begin.

Can you envision Forsberg wearing an Avs sweater again?

He can.

With that wry smile you certainly remember and the twinkle in his eyes that made "Foppa" so beloved in Colorado, Forsberg told me late Saturday night he is receptive to the idea of returning to the Avs next season.

"I have to decide if I'm going to keep on playing, first," said Forsberg, whose injury-plagued career was never more frustrating than this year, when his troublesome right foot sometimes made it too painful to even lace up his skates. But he emphasized giving it another go in the NHL has definitely not been ruled out.

If Forsberg can return to full health, he'd also like to mend the hearts that were broken when the Avalanche let him go as a free agent in 2005.

At age 33, with his contract again ready to expire, he looks at Denver as one place that could entice him to leave his homeland of Sweden and return to the world's No. 1 hockey league for a 12th season.

"It's one of the destinations, if I'm going to play in the NHL, that I would think about. Definitely," said Forsberg, when asked directly if he would consider coming back to Colorado.

On a night when winning is all that mattered to the Avs, the franchise paused in the opening period to salute Forsberg, a member of both teams that brought the Stanley Cup to Colorado.

During a break from action on the ice, Colorado management showed a video montage of Forsberg highlights, then generously allowed 17,462 fans in the arena to give him a standing ovation.

"I was really touched," Forsberg said. "All I can say is great words for this organization and this city."

Think maybe the Avs were trying to recruit Forsberg?

And "Foppa" can still work magic with a simple wave of his stick.

Needing nothing less than a victory against Nashville to keep their long ago left for dead playoff hopes alive, the Avs carried a 2-1 lead into the final period, only to watch Forsberg make that advantage go poof and disappear.
On what proved to be the game-winning goal by Predators teammate Paul Kariya, Forsberg made a sweet pass so beautiful it could have brought tears of nostalgia and regret to anyone in the house.

Were you watching, Pierre Lacroix?

Up in the owner's box, Stan Kroenke sat sipping a glass of red wine. For a billionaire who builds new sporting facilities and can afford to invest in pro franchises from St. Louis to jolly old England, how much could it hurt to give Forsberg one more contract?

Despite the emergence of young players such as goalie Peter Budaj and center Paul Stastny, not to mention a 14-1-2 record in a stretch of 17 games that almost got the Avs back in the playoffs, this team did not do enough for anyone to feel this team deserved a postseason berth.

"We fought hard, and tried to hang in there, but we fell short," said captain Joe Sakic, sure to be more frustrated when he learned hapless Edmonton beat Calgary, the team Colorado was chasing for the final spot in the Western Conference playoffs.

The Avs can look in the newspaper this morning and see the 93 points next to their name in the standings. No team in league history has done so much and not qualified for the postseason.

But any way the Avs do the math, they're out, Calgary is in and the folks in Hockeytown can breathe easy, knowing their beloved Detroit Red Wings have dodged a date with Colorado in the opening round.

"It's great to be back," said Forsberg, genuinely sorry his return contributed to Colorado's demise. Denver still feels like home.

"Sometimes, you don't know what you have until you leave," Forsberg said. "We'll see what happens." If there is a hockey god, "Foppa" will be skating again next season. And it will be in Colorado, where he belongs.

Staff writer Mark Kiszla can be reached at 303-954-1053 or mkiszla@denverpost.com.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:06 PM   #1236
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Its a hockey night in Pittsburgh.

Go Pens. Win Game 3!

Go Canes!
Old 04-15-2007, 10:14 PM   #1237
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Geez. I think I jinxed your team or something, SoCal.

Thanks for moving the thread back, SoCal!
Old 04-16-2007, 08:49 AM   #1238
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Makin, did you leave in the middle of the night to go back to russia?
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:20 PM   #1239
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Jeff Shantz was crowned Playoff MVP here .... Mannheim swept Nuremberg to win their first title since 2001.
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:46 PM   #1240
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Dammit, that was the first time that I thought we definitely outplayed them in the series and we couldnt get the pucks in the net. We should have won that game...oh well, gotta get it done and if you cant, you cant. We obviously are not beating them 3 in a row. At least the kids got some playoff experience this year.

Congrats Al Wilson.

Go Canes!
Old 04-17-2007, 09:51 PM   #1241
Jori
US Olympian

At least the Pens competed, unlike the Thrashers tonight. What an embarrassment.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:53 PM   #1242
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
At least the Pens competed, unlike the Thrashers tonight. What an embarrassment.
Whoops...I thought the Thrashers would run right over the Rangers. Memo to anyone who gambles...just ask me for my picks...and take the opposite.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:07 PM   #1243
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Dammit, that was the first time that I thought we definitely outplayed them in the series and we couldnt get the pucks in the net. We should have won that game...oh well, gotta get it done and if you cant, you cant. We obviously are not beating them 3 in a row. At least the kids got some playoff experience this year.

Congrats Al Wilson.
You got a good team. The series isn't over yet, there's still games to be played.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:11 PM   #1244
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:
Whoops...I thought the Thrashers would run right over the Rangers. Memo to anyone who gambles...just ask me for my picks...and take the opposite.
I loved the Rangers going into this series. Lundqvist is playing some great hockey. I knew the Cementhead trade would backfire on Waddell. Tkachuk is not a playoff performer and I'm not a fan of Atlanta's defense. The only series I've got pegged wrong, so far, is the New Jersey/Tampa Bay series. There is something not right about Brodeur. I don't know if it's an injury or some other distraction.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:44 AM   #1245
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Brodeur will bounce back and take the series.

I'm feeling it...
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:35 AM   #1246
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
You got a good team. The series isn't over yet, there's still a game to be played.
Fixed it for you......

alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:42 PM   #1247
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Brad May once again proves what a dirtbag he his. I was sooo happy when the Avs dumped his pathetic ass. Hopefully he isn't suspended, and Boogaard can throw him the beating he deserves...if of course May is game when the guy doesn't have his back turned.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:09 PM   #1248
Jori
US Olympian

May received a three game suspension and rightfully so. I applaud Giguere for getting anything for that bum.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:19 PM   #1249
Jori
US Olympian

Jackets fire GM Doug MacLean

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=204753&hubname=nhl

No surprise there. Wouldn't shock me to see Waddell get canned. That Cementhead trade was brilliant!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:02 PM   #1250
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
May received a three game suspension and rightfully so. I applaud Giguere for getting anything for that bum.
There's no doubt that he should have been suspended...I was just hoping he'd take a beating first. He makes my skin crawl.

I think I care less for Brad May than Sean Avery. At least Avery can skate, and actually play a bit...may is a pimple on the ass of the league.