The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2007, 01:45 AM   #251
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Oh man, Rockies need to get some bullpen help. A little offense wouldn't hurt either...
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:13 AM   #252
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Haha, watching mlb.tv broadcast, its Padres announcers, and the trivia question was Name the 2 Rockies who have won the NL Batting Average Title.

Anyone see the problem with that question? I'll give you a hint, the Rockies have had 3 winners of the Batting Average title.
1993 - Galarraga with a .370 average
Larry Walker did it multiple times
Helton once as well

Their answer was only Walker and Helton
I watched the tv broadcast, the announcers aren't bad. Would you really expect anything different though? It's not like the Rockies are a powerhouse. During the bottom of the 2nd inning they were discussing the reason why the Rockies have been 120 games below .500 in the past 6 years (according to their stat guy), then they go to commercial and never continue the conversation. I wanted to get on the phone and tell them "It's the bloody Montforts!! They are responsible for atrocious record!"
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:19 AM   #253
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
I watched the tv broadcast, the announcers aren't bad. Would you really expect anything different though? It's not like the Rockies are a powerhouse. During the bottom of the 2nd inning they were discussing the reason why the Rockies have been 120 games below .500 in the past 6 years (according to their stat guy), then they go to commercial and never continue the conversation. I wanted to get on the phone and tell them "It's the bloody Montforts!! They are responsible for atrocious record!"
The broadcasters aren't bad, I kinda like Matt Vasgersian, but I think its embarassing that they can come up with a trivia question that is wrong like that.
And the Padres haven't exactly been known to kick ass throughout the years, but oh well.
I will say, I have been surprised with how well the Rockies starting pitching is doing. Bullpen needs to tune it up though...
Old 04-08-2007, 05:11 AM   #254
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
The broadcasters aren't bad, I kinda like Matt Vasgersian, but I think its embarassing that they can come up with a trivia question that is wrong like that.
And the Padres haven't exactly been known to kick ass throughout the years, but oh well.
I will say, I have been surprised with how well the Rockies starting pitching is doing. Bullpen needs to tune it up though...
Well...since the Rockies have been in the league...the Madres have blown them away in regards to their respective successes. Division titles in '96, '98 (world series), '05, and '06. *The San Diego television guys are trying to entertain...but it was a f*** up on their part. Nothing to get your nose out of joint about, however.

Perhaps a better trivia question would have been...In 1995...an obviously juiced up Daunt Bichette hit 40 home runs. How many did he hit on the road?

Gawd I hated that phoney Bichette...although he did provide me with one of my all time favorite baseball moments...when in trying to throw out a runner...he actually threw the ball backwards. And wasn't he manning the outfield when perhaps the slowest man ever to play major league baseball...the Crime Dog Fred McGriff hit an inside the park home run?

F the Rockies...but not as much as the giants, and dahyers.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:44 AM   #255
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

F the Reds

That is all.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:54 AM   #256
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

GO PIRATES!
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:55 AM   #257
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
GO PIRATES!
I'll convert you yet Lady.....actually one trip to PNC would probably do it
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:56 AM   #258
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
I'll convert you yet Lady.....actually one trip to PNC would probably do it
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:57 AM   #259
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

Mets off to a great start so far and would've been even better if Shawn Green didn't get robbed by Craig Wilson who made a great catch to end the game.
MechanicalBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:30 PM   #260
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Brad Lidge can bite my crank.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:49 PM   #261
TheChamp24

The Legend

Well, an interesting stat for the Rockies for the bullpen.
Rockies bullpen has pitched I think 15 innings, and has given up 10 runs.
Lost yesterdays game, lost todays game and its been horrible this year so far. The Padres announcers were making fun of it all day practically. Its pretty embarassing.
Although, geez, the offense has been nonexistent this past series. 7 total runs scored, only gave up though 8 runs. But man, shore up that bullpen!
Old 04-08-2007, 08:37 PM   #262
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
Brad Lidge can bite my crank.
I sympathize fully, but Garner's a fricking moron. Why does he have him out there mopping up today? That's not going to help the situation in any way. I knew Lidge would get smoked in that role right now. If you want this knucklehead to start believing he's a closer again, don't run him out there to pitch the ninth inning of a game that's already over.

I hate to criticize an organization like Houston, though. Any franchise that can field a lineup with two offensive cyphers like Adam Everett (OPS .642) and Brad Ausmus (OPS .593, not a typo, .593) year after year must know what they're doing.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:45 PM   #263
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post
I sympathize fully, but Garner's a fricking moron. Why does he have him out there mopping up today? That's not going to help the situation in any way. I knew Lidge would get smoked in that role right now. If you want this knucklehead to start believing he's a closer again, don't run him out there to pitch the ninth inning of a game that's already over.
Putting him out there was dumb, leaving him in there when he was just getting his ass handed to him was inexplicable. The only saving grace was that only 2 of the 5 runs he allowed in his 2/3 innings of work were earned. Kicked my WHIP dead in the balls, though.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:46 PM   #264
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

Quote:

I hate to criticize an organization like Houston, though. Any franchise that can field a lineup with two offensive cyphers like Adam Everett (OPS .642) and Brad Ausmus (OPS .593, not a typo, .593) year after year must know what they're doing.
There was no point of putting him out there today especially against the Cardinals. At least he isn't on my fantasy team.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #265
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

I have Lidge on a couple teams. The good news is I have Wheeler on my NL Only teams.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:51 PM   #266
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
I have Lidge on a couple teams. The good news is I have Wheeler on my NL Only teams.
I have him on one team, but thankfully I landed Chris Ray in a trade this past week to hedge against his meltdowns.

He might find himself nailed to one of my reserve spots soon if things don't change.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:06 PM   #267
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
I have him on one team, but thankfully I landed Chris Ray in a trade this past week to hedge against his meltdowns.

He might find himself nailed to one of my reserve spots soon if things don't change.
Crap like this is another reason I like to go into the season with a healthy closer stockpile. Its better to have one available already than have to go chasing for one when you hit crisis mode.

I'm pulling the plug on Corey Hart in every league. Just like last year, Yost is jerking him around. I knew this would happen. Yost is going to hear Jenkins and Mench b****ing about their roles all year anyway, but a strong manager would let this kid develop already. Yost just doesn't seem to like him that much.

Alex Gordon is now 1-19. This puts KC in an awkward position. Nobody is doubting his talent, but what if he starts out 1-30? I mean, eventually it going to affect his confidence.

I'm backing off my Gordon will outperform Delmon Young this year smack. Not so much because Gordon is starting so poorly, either. The baseball was making a really wicked sound coming off Delmon's bat today. That noise is unmistakable. This kid will be a great hitter.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:13 PM   #268
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

I was thinking the same thing with Corey Hart as well earlier today. I have him on the bench but it just seems like he isn't even worth it.

Are the White Sox platooning Podsednik and Erstad? I have Podsednik for steals but if he isn't going to playing the majority of the games I'm going to have to look elsewhere for steals.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:14 PM   #269
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
I'm backing off my Gordon will outperform Delmon Young this year smack. Not so much because Gordon is starting so poorly, either. The baseball was making a really wicked sound coming off Delmon's bat today. That noise is unmistakable. This kid will be a great hitter.
Did you see Young fire that frozen rope to the plate to hold the runner at 3rd today? Kid showed off a serious cannon on that one.

I'm considering putting Furcal on the trade block. I've got Khalil Green in his spot right now and I've been pretty impressed with what he's shown at the plate thus far.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:06 PM   #270
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

Big Papi finally decides to show up this season. So far tonight 2-2 2 hr and 3 rbi.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:09 PM   #271
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

Yeah both HRs were pretty good shots and the sox just got a double play, lofton didnt think coco was going to catch up with that fly ball.
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:14 PM   #272
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

OS, I'm going to have to back-off on my sweep comments that I made earlier. We're going to be playing our 3rd game in less than 24 hours at your home opener. Be sure to thank Cleveland for their ****ty weather.

You will get off the hook this time, but not the next!
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:22 PM   #273
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
OS, I'm going to have to back-off on my sweep comments that I made earlier. We're going to be playing our 3rd game in less than 24 hours at your home opener. Be sure to thank Cleveland for their ****ty weather.

You will get off the hook this time, but not the next!
That was such a bizarre weekend in Cle. Has that ever happened before? For a whole series to be postponed like that? I can't remember anything off hand and now they have to play a double header tomorrow and the fly to Boston.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:30 PM   #274
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Hahaha Pineiroid loads the bases! You Boston fans are really gonna love that pick-up!
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:09 AM   #275
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Then Papelbon comes in and show what the word nasty mean. 16 pitches to get five outs
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote