The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2007, 02:42 PM   #1
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Bud Selig makes $14.5 million a year!

$14.5 MILLION A YEAR!

FOR BUG SELIG!

14.5 AND FIVE ZEROS! WITH A DOLLAR SIGN BEFORE IT!

I am not often shocked, but that is shocking to me. It's almost a new metaphor for how screwed up baseball has become, but I'll have to stick with the 2006 Yankees having a payroll that is 14 times higher than the 2006 Marlins.

I mean, we are talking about BUD SELIG here. You remember, the guy that declared a tie in the All-Star game?

Wow.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2824089

MLB commissioner earned $14.5M in '05
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Baseball commissioner Bud Selig earned as much in fiscal 2005 as some of the league's top players.

Selig received $14.5 million in the 12 months ending Oct. 31, 2005, according to Major League Baseball's tax return, which was obtained by the Sports Business Journal.

Bob DuPuy, baseball's chief operating officer, received $4,875,000, the publication reported in this week's issue. Pay for executive vice presidents included $1.92 million for Rob Manfred (labor relations), $1.3 million for John McHale Jr. (administration) and $1,245,000 for Jonathan Mariner (finance).

Sandy Alderson, who quit as executive vice president of baseball operations in 2005 to become chief executive officer of the San Diego Padres, made $875,000. Jimmie Lee Solomon, who replaced Alderson in June 2005, made $543,583.

The publication, citing unidentified sources, said Selig received a $6 million base salary, an equal amount in a bonus and the remainder in expenses and personal fees.

Baseball's central office paid $77.3 million in salaries and benefits to 231 employees, the report said. The NFL paid $41.5 million to 839 employees in 12 months ending March 31 last year and the NHL $13.9 million to 56 employees in the year ending June 30, 2005, when staff was reduced because of a lockout.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links