The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #1
Billy Clyde Puckett
Billy=Semi Tough Big Guy

Looking down on KC, SD and Oakland

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway
Default Rockies Opening Day

Anyone going?

I was thinking of sneaking out and going down, but it looks doubtful right now.

I'm hoping Hawpe has his breakout year at the plate. He has the best outfield arm since Walker. According to the press Tulowitski is mature beyond his years. Would be nice top have a SS that stayed more than one year.

Of course key to the year is pitching. Bucholz and Hirsch need to be contributors.
Billy Clyde Puckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2007, 11:58 AM   #2
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
Anyone going?

I was thinking of sneaking out and going down, but it looks doubtful right now.
Go!

Anybody who goes to work today is a communist or a violinist momma's boy named Percy.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #3
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Opening Day. Rockies not yet eliminated. NL Cy Young winner Brandon Webb on the hill for the Snakes. The sun is shining. The birds are singing.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:12 PM   #4
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post
Go!

Anybody who goes to work today is a communist or a violinist momma's boy named Percy.
Dammit, I didn't want to be called Percy anymore.

Luckily, I'm working from home today. Doing my calls while having ESPN & FSRM on mute. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but opening day is just a great day no matter what. I got lucky last year. Since I was unemployed at the time, my best friend and I went down to Coors and got some scalped tickets. Ended up sitting with all of the scouts. Guys behind me had radar guns, stopwatches, everything. Hell of an experience.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:51 PM   #5
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Thi is a good day to finally start getting some ESPN programs like Baseball Tonight.
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:10 PM   #6
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Slap or anyone else who has a clue about this ... why is Pavano starting for the Yankees? Isnīt a start on Opening Day usually a reward and donīt most teams use their aces? So why Pavano? Wouldnīt Mussina or Pettite be the logical choice with Hwang injured?
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:21 PM   #7
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Top of the 1st and A-Rod is already getting booed. As a Mariners fan, I applaud this.

Jens, I heard speculation that the Yankees just didn't know what to do, so they threw Povano out tehre so at least they'd know how he'd respond to the pressure after the year off. Slap should have more insight though.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:55 PM   #8
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Pavano got the start for the Yankees because Pettite needed an extra day of rest.

Rockies just announced O'Dowd and Hurdle have had their contracts extended for 2 more years.

Love baseball opening day! I had been to every Rockies opening day until 2004 when I broke my streak. Nice day today and I wish I was going, but will stay home and watch it on tv and try to catch tomorrow night's game at Coors if the weather is good.
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:00 PM   #9
Billy Clyde Puckett
Billy=Semi Tough Big Guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post
Go!

Ok - You convinced me. Hoping to score a ticket in Left Field. Have never sat there in Coors.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:11 PM   #10
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
Ok - You convinced me. Hoping to score a ticket in Left Field. Have never sat there in Coors.
The Pavilion is the BEST IMO. They were $15 seats (at least two years ago they were, didn't go to many last year), they were bleachers, and they were a great view usually in the sun. I loved it out there, and not just because I got to heckle Todd Hollandsworth while he was here.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:36 PM   #11
Billy Clyde Puckett
Billy=Semi Tough Big Guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4 View Post
The Pavilion is the BEST IMO. They were $15 seats (at least two years ago they were, didn't go to many last year), they were bleachers, and they were a great view usually in the sun. I loved it out there, and not just because I got to heckle Todd Hollandsworth while he was here.
I share some very good season tickets with others. I have eight games 20 rows straight behind home plate. I was just hoping to get a little variety today and sit someplace new, but I got off the train and started asking if anyone had one ticket and about the second guy passing me said he had an extra. It was one section over and one row down from my normal seats and he was selling it for face so I grabbed it.

It was a fun game even though Rockies lost. I know I couldn't stand in the batters box against Corpas. 95 mph from all different directions and not always over the plate.

Play of the day for Slap who I know loves the old tough guys game. Innanita threw out the catcher after a pitch at second base Tulowitski had him blocked so that I be Jim Brown couldn't have gotten through.

What's happened to the old style big catchers? Snakes backup Hammond was smaller than Tavaras.