The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 12:03 AM   #1001
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

the pens won, that's what went right tonight
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:04 AM   #1002
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bigfork, MT
Posts: 8,484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
Nothing went right tonight. I don't think they're going to make up seven points. Saying that...if the Avs would have played with the same intensity in their own end all season instead of just the past 15 games or so...they'd already have a spot locked up.
Yeah, it would be a real miracle. How depressing!
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:10 AM   #1003
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,556

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
the pens won, that's what went right tonight
Yep, I think we officially clinched a playoff spot tonight too, and ofcourse remain tied with NJ for the Atlantic division lead. Good to see Sid with another 2 points stabilizing the scoring race. I am sitting watching the Sharks-Kings game and so far LA is holding Joe off the scoresheet.

Only thing that would be bad about winning the division would be that I think there is a decent chance that TB would be the 7 seed and we'd face them in the first round, which is to say, we'd be one and done in the playoffs. Please...avoid TB at all costs!
__________________


Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:18 AM   #1004
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain
 
Breck Bronc's Avatar
 
The Gunslinger

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,049
Default

I'm furious with Quenneville for putting Skrastins back in the lineup. The team defense was much better as soon as Skrastins went out with his injury. There was no reason to put him back in unless the defense started to collapse. It never did, but Scratch was still allowed back in the top-6 on the blueline.

Then he goes out there and does his customary job screening his own goalie on the PK. The combination of Theodore and Skrastins should have never been put back together. For the first 5 months of the season the team was killed by shots from the point on the powerplay going past tiny Theo while Skrastins screened him. With Budaj in net and Skrastins watching from the press box the penalty kill improved immensley.

Tonight's game was so frustrating to watch, from Rycroft hitting the post on a wide open net to the awful officiating in the second and third periods.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:23 AM   #1005
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bigfork, MT
Posts: 8,484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc View Post
Tonight's game was so frustrating to watch, from Rycroft hitting the post on a wide open net to the awful officiating in the second and third periods.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that about the officiating. There sure was a lot of clutch and grab out there that wasn't called. That crap with McLean in the net about had me insane.

I was pissed with Q for going with Jose again tonight. Can't even blame this on him either. I hate it for Budaj though.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:36 AM   #1006
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Yep, I think we officially clinched a playoff spot tonight too, and ofcourse remain tied with NJ for the Atlantic division lead. Good to see Sid with another 2 points stabilizing the scoring race. I am sitting watching the Sharks-Kings game and so far LA is holding Joe off the scoresheet.

Only thing that would be bad about winning the division would be that I think there is a decent chance that TB would be the 7 seed and we'd face them in the first round, which is to say, we'd be one and done in the playoffs. Please...avoid TB at all costs!
Yeah i don't want to see TB either..... For some reason the pens cannot beat them...
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:49 AM   #1007
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

NBC renews TV deal with league

The NHL extended its partnership with NBC through next season, with an option for the 2008-2009 season.

The agreement, announced yesterday, will allow NBC to select from a minimum of three games on Sunday afternoons. Two weeks before, the network will pick one matchup as the "Game of the Week" to be shown nationally. The other two games will be televised locally.

In addition to regular-season games, NBC will continue to broadcast select playoff games on Saturdays and Sundays and Games 3-7 of the Stanley Cup final in prime time.

"In under two seasons, NBC has significantly elevated NHL broadcast coverage in the U.S.," commissioner Gary Bettman said. "We're delighted to have extended our partnership and look forward to next season's scheduled innovation, aimed at delivering the best possible action to hockey fans."
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:10 PM   #1008
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

Interesting Players Poll.

The Teams players least want to be traded to? The Sabres.

Sakic is the most respected player, Crosby is the best this year, Avery is both the most hated and the most overrated, and both Alberta teams have the best ice in the league.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #1009
bmanhas
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 133

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jay Cutler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbrncofn View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that about the officiating. There sure was a lot of clutch and grab out there that wasn't called. That crap with McLean in the net about had me insane.

I was pissed with Q for going with Jose again tonight. Can't even blame this on him either. I hate it for Budaj though.
Cry me a river boys, it was soooooooooo sweet for us Canucks fans to end your season today. Not a chance you guys make up 7 points with 6 games left...........I love it.
bmanhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:44 PM   #1010
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanhas View Post
Cry me a river boys, it was soooooooooo sweet for us Canucks fans to end your season today. Not a chance you guys make up 7 points with 6 games left...........I love it.
If anyone would know about crying a river, it's Canchoke fans. Nice to see that you losers are still obssessed with the Avalanche, though. Some things never change.

We'll be seeing you do plenty of crying that after you go one and done in the playoffs yet again this year.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:51 PM   #1011
bmanhas
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 133

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jay Cutler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
If anyone would know about crying a river, it's Canchoke fans. Nice to see that you losers are still obssessed with the Avalanche, though. Some things never change.

We'll be seeing you do plenty of crying that after you go one and done in the playoffs yet again this year.
true, but this year we got Luongo baby!!!!

good luck in getting out Theodore's 5 mill / year.........long road back for the 'Lanche.......dumb trade, Abescheir for Theodore, at least Abby is a free agent this year.
bmanhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:14 PM   #1012
Jori
US Olympian
 
Jori's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,627
Default

Avs sign Brett Hemingway to an ATO, he'll report to Albany. Hemingway was a draftee from 2003 and just completed his season at New Hampshire.

Hobey Hat Trick announced:

Eric Ehn, Air Force Academy
Ryan Duncan, North Dakota
David Brown, Notre Dame

What a great story it would be if Ehn wins it.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:16 PM   #1013
Jori
US Olympian
 
Jori's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanhas View Post
true, but this year we got Luongo baby!!!!

good luck in getting out Theodore's 5 mill / year.........long road back for the 'Lanche.......dumb trade, Abescheir for Theodore, at least Abby is a free agent this year.
Common misconception. Theodore will be bought out, which will be a cap hit of 1.3 and 2.0 million the next two years respectively. They'll be out of the Brisebois/Turgeon contracts. The 4.6 million in bonuses to Sakic and Blake will be gone, plus the cap will go up. Colorado has some emerging young players on their roster and in their farm system and they'll have money to spend this off-season. The Avs will be in better shape next season.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:17 PM   #1014
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Avs sign Brett Hemingway to an ATO, he'll report to Albany. Hemingway was a draftee from 2003 and just completed his season at New Hampshire.

Hobey Hat Trick announced:

Eric Ehn, Air Force Academy
Ryan Duncan, North Dakota
David Brown, Notre Dame

What a great story it would be if Ehn wins it.
No Hensick? That's surprising.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:20 PM   #1015
Jori
US Olympian
 
Jori's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,627
Default

Yup, Hensick not being there is a surprise. Yet, I'm hearing he's close to signing with the Avs. He could play in the last few regular season games (assuming the Avs are out of it, which it's safe to say they are) or could report to Albany. The Rats are only two points out of a playoff spot with 11 games to play.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:27 PM   #1016
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Yup, Hensick not being there is a surprise. Yet, I'm hearing he's close to signing with the Avs. He could play in the last few regular season games (assuming the Avs are out of it, which it's safe to say they are) or could report to Albany. The Rats are only two points out of a playoff spot with 11 games to play.
Either way works for me as long as they get him signed. Hopefully it's not a long, dragged out process.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:34 PM   #1017
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Avs sign Brett Hemingway to an ATO, he'll report to Albany. Hemingway was a draftee from 2003 and just completed his season at New Hampshire.

Hobey Hat Trick announced:

Eric Ehn, Air Force Academy
Ryan Duncan, North Dakota
David Brown, Notre Dame

What a great story it would be if Ehn wins it.
Nah, It would be great if David Brown wins it....

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/te...rts/2425.0.php

Penguins prospect David Brown is one of three finalists for the Hobey Baker Memorial Award.

Notre Dame senior goaltender Brown, a native of Stoney Creek, Ont., has been selected as one of three finalists for the coveted award that goes to college hockey’s top player. Joining Brown in the Hobey Hat Trick are North Dakota sophomore forward Ryan Duncan and Air Force junior forward Eric Ehn. The winner of the award will be announced on Friday, April 6, at 7 p.m. on ESPNU from the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Mo., during the Frozen Four weekend.

Brown, the CCHA player of the year and most valuable player of the CCHA tournament, finished his season last week in the Midwest Regionals in Grand Rapids, Mich., with a 30-6-3 overall record to go with a 1.58 goals-against average and a .931 save percentage and six shutouts. He leads the nation in wins (30), goals-against average (1.58), is tied for second in save percentage (.931) and shutouts with six.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:13 PM   #1018
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bigfork, MT
Posts: 8,484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
If anyone would know about crying a river, it's Canchoke fans. Nice to see that you losers are still obssessed with the Avalanche, though. Some things never change.

We'll be seeing you do plenty of crying that after you go one and done in the playoffs yet again this year.


They could still lose the division to the Mild too.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:28 PM   #1019
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

FLAMES just lose baby! just lose.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:42 PM   #1020
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,556

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Sid with 3 assists today in our win against Boston which puts us into first in the Atlantic. Now leads Thornton by 12 points with just a few games to go.

Calgary leads Minnesota 3-1 after 2 periods.

JMFJ (Jack Mother ****ing Johnson) makes his debut for the Kings in an hour vs. Vancouver. I can't wait to watch that kid play. He's going to lay out some folks.

I hope the Avs beat Phoenix tonight and Minnesota has a huge third period for MT's birthday.
__________________


Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:45 PM   #1021
Jens1893
Ring of Famer
 
Jens1893's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: People´s Republic of Bad Cannstatt
Posts: 9,127
Default

I seriously don´t understand why you got so worked up over the scoring title race. Who cares about individual stats as long as the team wins?
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:47 PM   #1022
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,556

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens1893 View Post
I seriously don´t understand why you got so worked up over the scoring title race. Who cares about individual stats as long as the team wins?
It's very important to me. It would be a huge achievement for him, if he can hold Thornton off (which is very likely). The first teenager ever to win a scoring title in a major North American sport. That's a big deal, and I'd really like him to win it.
__________________


Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:50 PM   #1023
Jens1893
Ring of Famer
 
Jens1893's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: People´s Republic of Bad Cannstatt
Posts: 9,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
It's very important to me. It would be a huge achievement for him, if he can hold Thornton off (which is very likely). The first teenager ever to win a scoring title in a major North American sport. That's a big deal, and I'd really like him to win it.
Sure, that´s understandable and I´d like to see it myself also, but it kinda sounded like Crosby´s stats were more important to you than winning the Atlantic and clinching the #2 seed.
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:08 PM   #1024
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,556

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens1893 View Post
Sure, that´s understandable and I´d like to see it myself also, but it kinda sounded like Crosby´s stats were more important to you than winning the Atlantic and clinching the #2 seed.
Actually the Art Ross IS MORE IMPORTANT than getting the No. 2 seed, because if we were to get the No. 2 seed, we would likely play Tampa Bay and thereby we would likely be swept or win 1 game in the whole series, either way, we would be one and done. I'd love a division championship, especially on the heels of last year when we were the second worst team in the league (and for most of the year we were the worst team) but not at the expense of having to play Tampa Bay in the first round.
__________________


Go Canes!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 03-29-2007 at 10:18 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:55 PM   #1025
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

i don't care - i want crosby to win it. We are going to the playoffs no matter what and i'm going to enjoy this year.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 PM.


Denver Broncos