The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2007, 02:00 PM   #1
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default Washington Post: Dirk Chokewitski admits to getting scared at the end of games!!

Nowitzki Admits Getting Tense in Pressure Situations

Dallas Mavericks all-star forward Dirk Nowitzki, who is still hearing criticism for his meltdown during a 129-127 double-overtime loss to Phoenix last week, admitted yesterday that he gets tight during pressure situations.

"I think everybody who says they don't get tense, they're lying," Nowitzki said following practice at Dodge Fitness Center on the campus of Columbia University, where the Mavericks were preparing for the Knicks tonight.

"It's big games. You got to find ways to stay loose and relax. I've been doing a decent job of not letting the pressure get to me (YEA THE **** RIGHT YOU HAVE...HAHAHAHAHA) and still enjoying the moment."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...031901610.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Chokewitski
"I think everybody who says they don't get tense, they're lying," Nowitzki said...
You think Michael Jordan was "tense" at the end of games, Dirk? Do you really believe that? Do you really believe that Larry Bird was pissing his leg at the free throw line? Give us all a break. Just because you turn into a scrub at the end of games, don't try to play it off like it happens to all the great ones. That's a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot... when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
I've never been afraid to fail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bird
"I wanted the ball in my hands for that last shot," Bird said after the game. "Not in anybody else's hands in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bird
What's more fun then hitting the game winning shot? That's not scary, that's exciting.
And then you have Dirk Chokewitski:

Quote:
"I think everybody who says they don't get tense, they're lying," Nowitzki said
Bwa...bwaaa...bwahahahahaha

The game sure ain't what use to be. We go from MJ and Larry to Dirk? Say ain't so!
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links