The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2007, 05:37 AM   #1
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default Virginia Needs to win the final game to seal up the ACC Title

Its a travesty that my Cavs arent getting any respect. With wins over Arizona, Maryland, Clemson, Wake Forest, and now Duke the Cavs just arent getting any recognition this year. They were ranked briefly after starting 4-0 but have not been in the top 25 since. Its ok, we will show them whats up come tourney time.

Last edited by Northman; 03-02-2007 at 06:18 AM..
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2007, 09:11 AM   #2
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Finally, we are back in the top 25. The Mock Brackets have us being a number 5 seed in the South which is good. Hopefully we can win out the regular season and keep our stock up.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:20 AM   #3
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

No props you guys? Come on. Virginia wasnt even supposed to finish in the top 8 this year and now they have a chance to win the entire conference. Sack up b****es, show some respect!
Old 03-02-2007, 09:38 AM   #4
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

A win over Wake Forest isnt a big deal, nor Clemson for that matter. Arizona is reeling though the win over Maryland is a good quality win. Whats important is that they are atop teh ACC and anyone that is not named Duke or UNC atop the ACC I am a fan of.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:39 AM   #5
GSRelyea
NEWOUTDOORSMEN.COM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Al Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
A win over Wake Forest isnt a big deal, nor Clemson for that matter. Arizona is reeling though the win over Maryland is a good quality win. Whats important is that they are atop teh ACC and anyone that is not named Duke or UNC atop the ACC I am a fan of.
Come on Adam you have to root for your boy Roy W.

Tarheels are struggeling right now, a win v. Duke to close out the reg season could be just what the Dr. ordered.
GSRelyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:52 AM   #6
ro_50
Ring of Famer

As a lifelong UConn fan, it's good to see coach Leitao do the things he's doing at UVA.

He's a good guy and I'm rooting for him to continue the turn-around job at UVA.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:22 AM   #7
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_50 View Post
As a lifelong UConn fan, it's good to see coach Leitao do the things he's doing at UVA.

He's a good guy and I'm rooting for him to continue the turn-around job at UVA.

Yea, prior to coming to UVA i didnt know much about Coach Leitao but seeing what he has done so far has made me really excited about the schools future.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #8
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSRelyea View Post
Come on Adam you have to root for your boy Roy W.

Tarheels are struggeling right now, a win v. Duke to close out the reg season could be just what the Dr. ordered.
Had Roy not renegged on his word that he was coming back to KU and just flat out said that he planned on moving on, I wouldnt care. Id still hate the ACC in general, but Id be just slightly less inclined to see Roy choke.

And dont get me started on Dean Smith, that dude is pretty high on my **** list too.

I will root for them to beat PUke because I dislike that team more than any other. Love Coach K, but god damn I hate that team.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:12 AM   #9
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
I will root for them to beat PUke because I dislike that team more than any other. Love Coach K, but god damn I hate that team.

Ditto.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:05 PM   #10
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Well, the Cavs lost their finale so at best they can only tie with UNC and Vatech but it has been a great season and im looking forward to the ACC and NCAA tourneys.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:44 PM   #11
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

AZ went to OT today vs. Stanford.

But at least they still won!

I saw part of a Cavs game, not too bad a team.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:12 PM   #12
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Tough loss for the Cavs today but whats the deal on the tiebreaker in the ACC Anubis? WHo owns it?

You happen to catch that KU-Texas game? Good God, another classic. A&M/KU, The second UT/A&M game, OSU/UT, and KU/UT were all just spectacular games this year.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:29 PM   #13
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Tough loss for the Cavs today but whats the deal on the tiebreaker in the ACC Anubis? WHo owns it?

You happen to catch that KU-Texas game? Good God, another classic. A&M/KU, The second UT/A&M game, OSU/UT, and KU/UT were all just spectacular games this year.
I believe if UNC wins they own it. Next would be Vatech i think. But im not entirely clear on all that. But before Tech and UNC lost the other night it was UNC, Vtech, then UVA. So im only assuming that if UNC wins tomorrow they have it.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:59 PM   #14
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I believe if UNC wins they own it. Next would be Vatech i think. But im not entirely clear on all that. But before Tech and UNC lost the other night it was UNC, Vtech, then UVA. So im only assuming that if UNC wins tomorrow they have it.
Well, that depends though Anubis.

Because of who they lost to.

If UNC owns the H2H over Virginia its moot, but if they split the H2H and VTech split the H2H with both UNC and Virginia, then it goes down to who lost against who in conference.

I dont know how the ACC is set up division wise.

But I can give you an example.

If KU had lost to Texas today, the tiebreaker would have went to Texas because of H2H win over KU and the better division record against A&M who they split their head to head with.

Conversely, since KU won, had A&M lost Texas would have ended up in 2nd instead of 3rd, again because of better division record (Texas' losses came against KU, K-State and OkSU, while A&M lost one more game than did Texas in the south).

So it MIGHT come down to who the losses were against, if they have divisions in the ACC like they do in the Big 12.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:50 AM   #15
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Well, that depends though Anubis.

Because of who they lost to.

If UNC owns the H2H over Virginia its moot, but if they split the H2H and VTech split the H2H with both UNC and Virginia, then it goes down to who lost against who in conference.

I dont know how the ACC is set up division wise.

But I can give you an example.

If KU had lost to Texas today, the tiebreaker would have went to Texas because of H2H win over KU and the better division record against A&M who they split their head to head with.

Conversely, since KU won, had A&M lost Texas would have ended up in 2nd instead of 3rd, again because of better division record (Texas' losses came against KU, K-State and OkSU, while A&M lost one more game than did Texas in the south).

So it MIGHT come down to who the losses were against, if they have divisions in the ACC like they do in the Big 12.

I see what your saying. Yea, H2H UVA lost to UNC as they only played once. Vatech split with UVA this year so as far as being second in line im not sure how both did in conference play. Ill have to check into that. Hopefully UNC and Vatech will lose today and make me
Old 03-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #16
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Almost got my wish today. Boston College and Vatech lost their finales but UNC beat Duke so Virginia finishes with a Tie with the breaker going to UNC. But, considering we were picked to finish 8th in the conference im very happy with the year so far. Just sucks that we will face Duke first in the ACC Tourney. Hopefully we can pull out another one against them. But, we should have done enough to get to the NCAA Tourney.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:52 AM   #17
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

So close....

The Cavs suck...like any UVA team.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:54 AM   #18
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Almost got my wish today. Boston College and Vatech lost their finales but UNC beat Duke so Virginia finishes with a Tie with the breaker going to UNC. But, considering we were picked to finish 8th in the conference im very happy with the year so far. Just sucks that we will face Duke first in the ACC Tourney. Hopefully we can pull out another one against them. But, we should have done enough to get to the NCAA Tourney.
those cheating SOB for Puke make me sick. That flailing elbow was an effing travesty and that clown you lose more than a game.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:48 AM   #19
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
those cheating SOB for Puke make me sick. That flailing elbow was an effing travesty and that clown you lose more than a game.

I didnt see that play but i keep hearing he didnt intentionally throw that elbow. But again, i never saw it so i dont know. Im hoping N.C State beats Duke in the first round because i would rather face the Pack than the Dookies.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:44 PM   #20
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
I didnt see that play but i keep hearing he didnt intentionally throw that elbow. But again, i never saw it so i dont know. Im hoping N.C State beats Duke in the first round because i would rather face the Pack than the Dookies.
It was completely intentional. And he was the third guy to foul him. Plus, the game was over. It was classless and I hope he gets what he deserves.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:14 PM   #21
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Oh Christ, big Tyler Hansbrough is just a p***Y Garcia.

As are all Roy Williams ACC coached teams.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:42 AM   #22
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Maryland and Duke lost. Woohoo! Now hopefully the Cavs wont overlook the Pack. I want to at the very least get 1 win in this tournament.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:45 AM   #23
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Hokies and Wake tonight. I really can't find if it's on TV yet...****hole ESPiN is currently acting like the games doesn't exist.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:47 PM   #24
GSRelyea
NEWOUTDOORSMEN.COM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Al Wilson

Quote:
Oh Christ, big Tyler Hansbrough is just a p***Y Garcia.

As are all Roy Williams ACC coached teams.
No one on that KU "team" can handle Tyler Hansbrough, you are just jealous......

That being said I do not think that he will be able to play (start) at the next level.
GSRelyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:13 PM   #25
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Hokies and Wake tonight. I really can't find if it's on TV yet...****hole ESPiN is currently acting like the games doesn't exist.
I believe it will be on after the UVA/NCSTATE game. I believe anyway.