The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2007, 05:27 PM   #26
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
Does anyone have an honest assessment of Hirsh and Buchholz, the pitchers the Rockies received in the Jennings trade?
I hear Hirsh is supposed to have similar upside to Jason Jennings, Bucholz is a notch below that. Baseball America has Hirsh as the #3 Rockies prospect, below fellow pitcher #2 Franklin Morales, Bucholz didn't make their top 10.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:37 PM   #27
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

spring training is here and i was shoveling a foot and a half of snow yesterday. wtf
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:08 AM   #28
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
As bad as it looked, the rotation rebuild actually dramatically improved the staff. Gone is Pineiroid. Gone is Gil. Gone are any thoughts of Cha Baek or Woods in the rotation. The Weaver signing is actually pretty damn good, and there's a good chance we surprise and pitch league-average or so.

There's a lot of "ifs" (as always), but if Jose Guillen is healthy and if Beltre and Ichiro carry over and if Yuni and Lopez progress and if Felix doesn't do anything rash...etc...there's room for some optimism IMO.

I hope that you're right. I'm looking at a $111 million dollar roster and wondering WTF?
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:00 AM   #29
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I'm super excited, the Red Sox starting 5 has potential to be superstrong, and my only concern is the closer slot. But I hear the kid they signed from Seattle is looking good and Hanson is has his slider working.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:49 AM   #30
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I'm super excited, the Red Sox starting 5 has potential to be superstrong, and my only concern is the closer slot. But I hear the kid they signed from Seattle is looking good and Hanson is has his slider working.
Hansen is going back to his old delivery from when he was ranked as the most MLB ready player in his draft with the best fastball and slider in the class.

Piniero has some potential to make it as a closer I think, but thankfully we have a lot of other options.

Okijima, a lhp Japanese reliever, could do well in the closer's role, especially since many Japanese pitchers enjoy an edge over their first half-season or so while the league has no MLB level scouting on them.

Delcarmen was solid last year despite horrible luck (disgusting BABIP). If he can improve the accuracy of his curveball it'd be an excellent compliment to his fastball and he could potentially take the closer's role.

There are some other guys who have a reduced shot at creating some noise too. Big Edgar Martinez has been very good recently with a 2.61 closing in Portland and a 2.19 in the Venezuelan Winter League. He's got a beastly 97 mph four seamer and has improved very fast for a converted catcher.

Bryce Cox is nearly the exact same prospect as Hansen was too, only with a little more heat on the fastball and not quite the power slider Hansen had coming out. Shut down A ball competition last summer after being up and down during his career at Rice. If he keeps it together he could be a legit bullpen option come August.

Kyle Jackson is a dark horse after a strong season in Portland as well, but I think his poor AFL showing will limit him to a AAA promotion and no higher this year.

What I'm really happy with is the mid level talent the FO has added to the farm. Baseball America ranked the '05 draft #2 overall and our '06 draft #1 overall. We moved some upper level prospects last winter in Hanley, Anibal Sanchez, Shoppach, and Marte but we brought back Kottaras who's a better prospect than Shoppach and still have Lester and Ellsbury as two top tier guys. Murphy offers some upside still after adding about 15 pounds and reportedly showing more power this winter, that with Pedroia taking over 2B this year and Papelbon, Beckett, and Matsuzaka giving us three high powered starters 26 or younger.

Good time to be a Sox fan. Now if the Rockies would just send us Helton.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:10 AM   #31
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I hope Bonds, the greatest player ever, breaks the record this year.
**** him!
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:53 AM   #32
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Good time to be a Sox fan. Now if the Rockies would just send us Helton.
I would have loved Helton, but no way was Theo going up the young pitchers they wanted. They can Lowell and Tavarez that is it.

Boston needs to get the bullpen sorted out and this could be very very good team.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:59 PM   #33
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I would have loved Helton, but no way was Theo going up the young pitchers they wanted. They can Lowell and Tavarez that is it.
I don't agree with the Rockies braintrust on much, but I do agree that I'd rather keep Helton than trade him for the spare parts Boston was offering.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:04 PM   #34
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
I don't agree with the Rockies braintrust on much, but I do agree that I'd rather keep Helton than trade him for the spare parts Boston was offering.
I don't know, Helton's performance dropped some last year, Colorado has a pretty good 1B coming up through the system, and Helton is already 1/4th the payroll and that percentage will only go up.

If moving Helton lets them resign Holliday and Hawpe when their deals come due I'd say its worth it. As it is they'll hang onto Helton, he'll draw just enough for them to make a profit and never do a damn thing to improve the team.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:34 PM   #35
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

What slot on the rotation is Papelbon probably getting? And why did they move him to the rotation if they feel he wore down towards the end of the season due to pitching so many innings? Don´t starters usually rack up more innings than closers? Or was the rest between appearances the reason?
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #36
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens1893 View Post
What slot on the rotation is Papelbon probably getting? And why did they move him to the rotation if they feel he wore down towards the end of the season due to pitching so many innings? Don´t starters usually rack up more innings than closers? Or was the rest between appearances the reason?
Papelbon most likely will be the #4 guy after Daisuke, Schilling, Beckett and before Lester/Wakefield.

Papelbon came up through the system as the starter and with three quality pitches, that has always been the long-term plan for him. Plus, the Red Sox are from the Moneyball think tank and they don't put a lot of value into the closers role. They think Papelbon throwing one inning entering the game with nobody on base is a waste of his talent.

Last year, they put Papelbon in the pen to ease him into the majors and cap the usage of miles on his arm. He only threw 68 1/3 innings last season. After one year, they feel ready to take the training wheels off. Considering how he pitched as a starter in Double-A Portland and Triple-A Pawtucket, I think Papelbon is ready for the challenge. He's 26 years old, past the 20-25 danger range for young pitchers and he's ready for an increased workload to 170-200 IP. I wouldn't worry, the Red Sox are the last team that will run him into the ground like Dusty Baker.
Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:46 PM   #37
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB 52 View Post
Papelbon most likely will be the #4 guy after Daisuke, Schilling, Beckett and before Lester/Wakefield.

Papelbon came up through the system as the starter and with three quality pitches, that has always been the long-term plan for him. Plus, the Red Sox are from the Moneyball think tank and they don't put a lot of value into the closers role. They think Papelbon throwing one inning entering the game with nobody on base is a waste of his talent.

Last year, they put Papelbon in the pen to ease him into the majors and cap the usage of miles on his arm. He only threw 68 1/3 innings last season. After one year, they feel ready to take the training wheels off. Considering how he pitched as a starter in Double-A Portland and Triple-A Pawtucket, I think Papelbon is ready for the challenge. He's 26 years old, past the 20-25 danger range for young pitchers and he's ready for an increased workload to 170-200 IP. I wouldn't worry, the Red Sox are the last team that will run him into the ground like Dusty Baker.
Thanks.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:15 PM   #38
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens1893 View Post
Papelbon's dead arm problems were the result of loose joints throughout his body, a genetic condition he inherited from his mother. It had never proven a problem prior in his career but its believed working many back to back nights throwing full strength resulted in the flare up. The Red Sox training staff believe that the joint condition will be more easily managed in the structured regiment a starter works in rather than the sporadic usage of a closer.

Thats not to say he couldn't potentially go back to closing if starting was to not work out or if the team really needed an anchor at the back of the 'pen, but the front office's long term plans of having Papelbon start and the medical staff's opinion regarding his condition tie in perfectly, making a move to starter ideal all around.

I'm expecting a rotation (in order) of Schilling, Matsuzaka, Beckett, Wakefield, and Papelbon. Wakefield with his knuckleball is an innings horse so lining him up before Papelbon should leave the bullpen rested to relieve Paps during or at the end of the 6th inning. The 5th starter can also be skipped occasionally through the rotation, further lightening the load on Paps. Management wants Papelbon to pitch in the area of 250 IPs in '07, taking an intermediate step between 90 IP reliever to 280+ IP starter. Their biggest concern is having Papelbon at full strength come the playoffs.

I personally don't expect too much from Lester, even though he's started throwing already. He struggled with command last year and just took a big blow to his conditioning due to cancer treatments. I think he'll start the season off in Pawtucket working himself back into competitive shape and refining his control, with him moving to Fenway mid-season if someone has gotten hurt or if Papelbon is needed in the 'pen.

Clement will see a similar role while he rehabs his rotator cuff, but I don't expect much of anything from him.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:26 PM   #39
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

I'm more excited for the start of this baseball season than I've been in a long time. Mostly because it means this awful winter is finally coming to an end and spring will be here soon. I can't wait to walk into Coors Field and see all that beautiful green grass after seeing nothing but white around town since mid-December.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 04:07 PM   #40
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
I don't know, Helton's performance dropped some last year, Colorado has a pretty good 1B coming up through the system, and Helton is already 1/4th the payroll and that percentage will only go up.

If moving Helton lets them resign Holliday and Hawpe when their deals come due I'd say its worth it. As it is they'll hang onto Helton, he'll draw just enough for them to make a profit and never do a damn thing to improve the team.
The problem is that trading Helton will have little to no impact on whether or not Holliday or Atkins is re-signed. Charlie Monfort has already basically said that Holliday will be too expensive to sign. No comment on Atkins, but one more season like last year will likely put him on the next train out of town, too. This ownership simply doesn't want to pay anyone.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #41
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

Quote:
I personally don't expect too much from Lester, even though he's started throwing already. He struggled with command last year and just took a big blow to his conditioning due to cancer treatments. I think he'll start the season off in Pawtucket working himself back into competitive shape and refining his control, with him moving to Fenway mid-season if someone has gotten hurt or if Papelbon is needed in the 'pen.
I agree. The Red Sox would be also wise to send Craig Hansen back to Pawtucket. He didn't dominate at the Triple-A level last year, his command was subpar the entire season and he had difficulty establishing his slider.

How do you think Piniero will fare? He's always been an Ace type talent, but poor mechanics and arm woes doomed him in Seattle. He did pitch better during a 2nd half reassignment to the bullpen. He lowered his arm angle getting more sink on his fastball and his vital ratios improved. Do you think he will break camp as the closer? The Red Sox couldn't possibly go more than a month with Timlin at this point in his career.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:52 PM   #42
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
The problem is that trading Helton will have little to no impact on whether or not Holliday or Atkins is re-signed. Charlie Monfort has already basically said that Holliday will be too expensive to sign. No comment on Atkins, but one more season like last year will likely put him on the next train out of town, too. This ownership simply doesn't want to pay anyone.
Depends, the new revenue sharing deal does enforce something of a base salary, and Monfort has a history of paying lip service to fielding a "competitive" team. If he cleared half of Helton's money off the books I think it'd be just what he'd need to resign Holliday or Atkins (not both) to a $10M per deal or so, where he'd be pocketing a couple million of the Helton savings on the back end with the perfect excuse of "Helton's savings kept Holliday/Atkins".

Quote:
I agree. The Red Sox would be also wise to send Craig Hansen back to Pawtucket. He didn't dominate at the Triple-A level last year, his command was subpar the entire season and he had difficulty establishing his slider.

How do you think Piniero will fare? He's always been an Ace type talent, but poor mechanics and arm woes doomed him in Seattle. He did pitch better during a 2nd half reassignment to the bullpen. He lowered his arm angle getting more sink on his fastball and his vital ratios improved. Do you think he will break camp as the closer? The Red Sox couldn't possibly go more than a month with Timlin at this point in his career.
I honestly don't see Hansen getting a lot out of being backin Pawtucket. Its better for him to start there to make sure his delivery working well again, but his stuff is so far beyond what most Triple A pitchers have it'll do him little good from a competition standpoint. I watched a good amount of Hansen's minor league career since a big chunk was spent in Portland (I'm from Maine). He's got what it takes if he'd just put it together consistently.

I'm hopeful on Piniero, but only to a certain extent. I don't think he'll become an elite closer, but he could become a very solid one. Will he break camp with the role? I don't think so. I personally am betting on a closer by committee style early look with Timlin getting the closing chances for the first month due to Francona's unfamiliarity with most anyone else vying for the role. Okajima will open up strong and take the job if Piniero or Delcarmen hasn't proven themselves capable to that point. If that happens he'll hang onto it until the later part of the season when I think it'll likely be given to Hansen.

Piniero's contract is structured to guarantee him considerable money if he wins the closer's role so I think the FO has probably given Francona the message, Piniero only finishes games if he's earned the closer role convincingly.

Last edited by Drek; 02-17-2007 at 07:06 PM..
Old 02-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #43
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

When it all said and done I think Hanson is closer, his problem last year was trying to overpower the hitter instead of pitching. Tek's lose last season really hurt because the young pitchers were forced to think on their own vs following his judgement. Everyone one of the pitchers struggled when Tek left the game. There is a reason that guy gets the red C on his chest.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:26 AM   #44
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

The Seven Aces Roto Formula forbids me to select any pitchers in the first seven rounds unless I can justify them as a legitimate steal at that point in the draft. I identified a dozen pitchers as worthy of drafting that high this season.

Johan Santana - 5th overall pick
Chris Carpenter - 4th round
Roy Oswalt - 5th round
Carlos Zambrano - 5th round
Brandon Webb - 6th round
Roy Halladay - 6th round
Jake Peavy - 6th round
Joe Nathan - 6th round
Francisco Rodriguez - 6th round
Billy Wagner - 7th round
BJ Ryan - 7th round
Mariano Rivera - 7th round

Nobody fell into that criteria in this draft, so this team is tilted strongly towards offense. Hitters are much more reliable than pitchers, so I favor an 8/2 hitting/pitching split in the first ten rounds.

Seven Aces I

3B 1 (#4) Alex Rodriguez (3B NYY)
1B 2 (#17) Lance Berkman (1B HOU)
OF 3 (#24) Matt Holliday (LF COL)
OF 4 (#37) Ichiro Suzuki (RF SEA)
OF 5 (#44) Vernon Wells (CF TOR)
SS 6 (#57) Rafael Furcal (SS LA)
1B 7 (#64) Prince Fielder (1B MIL)
P0 8 (#77) John Smoltz (SP ATL)
P0 9 (#84) Trevor Hoffman (RP SD)
2B 10 (#97) Brian Roberts (2B BAL)
P0 11 (#104) Brad Lidge (RP HOU)
P0 12 (#117) Brian Fuentes (RP COL)
P0 13 (#124) Rich Harden (SP OAK)
P0 14 (#137) Rich Hill* (SP CHC)
C0 15 (#144) Jorge Posada (C NYY)
P0 16 (#157) Joel Zumaya (RP DET)
C0 17 (#164) Johnny Estrada (C MIL)
P0 18 (#177) John Maine (SP NYM)
OF 19 (#184) Carlos Quentin (RF ARI)
OF 20 (#197) Luke Scott (RF HOU)
P0 21 (#204) Akinori Otsuka (RP TEX)
3B 22 (#217) Edwin Encarnacion (3B CIN)

P Rich Hill* traded for 3B Mark Teahen

P FA Greg Maddux
P FA Jonathan Broxton
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:15 PM   #45
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

-Slap-

Was that a mock or actual draft?

Brian Roberts is a great grab in the tenth. He's the #2 second baseman on my board after Utley.

Starting pitching is indeed thin in depth, but having Zumaya, Lidge and Broxton as relievers will help in Ks. Are Homer Bailey or Phil Hughes still available? They are probably the best bets to have a Justin Verlander type of rookie campaign. Who are the best starters still available?
Old 02-18-2007, 04:13 PM   #46
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Out of interest, where did Daisuke go?
Old 02-18-2007, 05:11 PM   #47
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
-Slap-

Was that a mock or actual draft?

Brian Roberts is a great grab in the tenth. He's the #2 second baseman on my board after Utley.

Starting pitching is indeed thin in depth, but having Zumaya, Lidge and Broxton as relievers will help in Ks. Are Homer Bailey or Phil Hughes still available? They are probably the best bets to have a Justin Verlander type of rookie campaign. Who are the best starters still available?
That's a real draft. My first team of many this year. I had another draft yesterday. I think Roberts was the best value pick I made in that draft, too. I have him and Cano 2A and 2B this year and then a precipitous dropoff.

I think the depth in starting pitching lies between rounds 8-15 this year. Almost unbelievable how much quality SP in that range this year, but in this particular draft, all pitching was a little overvalued.

I had a great trade worked out, but the little weasel backed out at the last second after we already agreed to the terms.

I was sending Vernon Wells and Brian Fuentes and getting back Chris Carpenter and Milton "Psycho" Bradley.

Its no big deal. I have lots of big bats, so somebody will eventually give me the right deal for an Ace to anchor my staff. Its only a matter of time, and with 162 games to hash this thing out, time is on my side.

I plan to roll four RP early (provided I have four guys who are actually closing) to build up saves and then I'll catch up in wins and Ks with some well-placed two-start pitchers off the WW.

Surplus closers can often be the final piece to some blockbuster trades, too. I try to start every roto season with four or five of them. February drafts will also see me taking flyers on guys who are circling the job. As we get nearer the season, my staff might be comprised of more guys with clearer defined roles, or maybe not.

I took Akinori Otsuka in round 21. If Eric (15 IP in the last two years) Gagne falls apart again, I landed an excellent closer 8-10 rounds early.

Its also nice to have a pitcher on the back of your roster you don't care about releasing when the inevitable SP gems start popping up on the WW.

Daisuke went in round nine, Jens, two picks after I took Trevor Hoffman. I thought hard about him, but decided I couldn't wait any longer on my first closer.

Here are the pick by pick draft results:

Round 1
1 P10-DG--Gamers Albert Pujols (1B STL)
2 Seabrook Bulldogs Jose B. Reyes (SS NYM)
3 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Johan Santana (P MIN)
4 Seven Aces Alex Rodriguez (3B NYY)
5 Power Alley Alfonso Soriano (OF CHC)
6 Foster Doodle Ryan Howard (1B PHI)
7 Win. Or Die Trying, Chase Utley (2B PHI)
8 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Miguel M. Cabrera (3B FLA)
9 #13 Carl Crawford (OF TB)
10 Evil Empire 2 David Ortiz (U BOS)

Round 2
11 Evil Empire 2 Vladimir Guerrero (OF ANA)
12 #13 Carlos Beltran (OF NYM)
13 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Grady Sizemore (OF CLE)
14 Win. Or Die Trying, David Wright (3B NYM)
15 Foster Doodle Joe Mauer (C MIN)
16 Power Alley Jason Bay (OF PIT)
17 Seven Aces Lance Berkman (1B HOU)
18 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Travis Hafner (U CLE)
19 Seabrook Bulldogs Manny Ramirez (OF BOS)
20 P10-DG--Gamers Victor J. Martinez (C CLE)

Round 3
21 P10-DG--Gamers Miguel Tejada (SS BAL)
22 Seabrook Bulldogs Mark Teixeira (1B TEX)
23 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Derek Jeter (SS NYY)
24 Seven Aces Matt Holliday (OF COL)
25 Power Alley Jimmy Rollins (SS PHI)
26 Foster Doodle Carlos N. Lee (OF HOU)
27 Win. Or Die Trying, Chris Carpenter (P STL)
28 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Adam Dunn (OF CIN)
29 #13 Derrek Lee (1B CHC)
30 Evil Empire 2 Francisco Rodriguez (P ANA)

Round 4
31 Evil Empire 2 Hanley Ramirez (SS FLA)
32 #13 Aramis Ramirez (3B CHC)
33 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Bobby Abreu (OF NYY)
34 Win. Or Die Trying, Carlos Zambrano (P CHC)
35 Foster Doodle Garrett Atkins (3B COL)
36 Power Alley Andruw Jones (OF ATL)
37 Seven Aces Ichiro Suzuki (OF SEA)
38 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Scott Kazmir (P TB)
39 Seabrook Bulldogs Brandon Webb (P ARI)
40 P10-DG--Gamers Roy Oswalt (P HOU)

Round 5
41 P10-DG--Gamers Roy Halladay (P TOR)
42 Seabrook Bulldogs B.J. Ryan (P TOR)
43 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Brian McCann (C ATL)
44 Seven Aces Vernon Wells (OF TOR)
45 Power Alley Justin Morneau (1B MIN)
46 Foster Doodle Joe Nathan (P MIN)
47 Win. Or Die Trying, Michael Young (SS TEX)
48 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Jake Peavy (P SD)
49 #13 Jermaine Dye (OF CHW)
50 Evil Empire 2 Juan Pierre (OF LA)

Round 6
51 Evil Empire 2 Billy Wagner (P NYM)
52 #13 Hideki Matsui (OF NYY)
53 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Mariano Rivera (P NYY)
54 Win. Or Die Trying, Chone Figgins (OF ANA)
55 Foster Doodle J.J. Putz (P SEA)
56 Power Alley Huston Street (P OAK)
57 Seven Aces Rafael Furcal (SS LA)
58 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Johnny Damon (OF NYY)
59 Seabrook Bulldogs Ben Sheets (P MIL)
60 P10-DG--Gamers Gary Sheffield (OF DET)

Round 7
61 P10-DG--Gamers Felix Hernandez (P SEA)
62 Seabrook Bulldogs Robinson Cano (2B NYY)
63 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Bobby Jenks (P CHW)
64 Seven Aces Prince Fielder (1B MIL)
65 Power Alley Chipper Jones (3B ATL)
66 Foster Doodle Paul Konerko (1B CHW)
67 Win. Or Die Trying, Carlos Delgado (1B NYM)
68 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Julio Lugo (SS BOS)
69 #13 Jered Weaver (P ANA)
70 Evil Empire 2 Jim Thome (U CHW)

Round 8
71 Evil Empire 2 Magglio Ordonez (OF DET)
72 #13 Ryan Zimmerman (3B WAS)
73 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II* Carlos Guillen (SS DET)
74 Win. Or Die Trying, Chris Ray (P BAL)
75 Foster Doodle Brett Myers (P PHI)
76 Power Alley Todd Helton (1B COL)
77 Seven Aces John Smoltz (P ATL)
78 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Mark Teahen (3B KC)
79 Seabrook Bulldogs Nick Swisher (OF OAK)
80 P10-DG--Gamers Troy Glaus (3B TOR)

Round 9
81 P10-DG--Gamers Jason Giambi (1B NYY)
82 Seabrook Bulldogs John Lackey (P ANA)
83 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Adrian Gonzalez (1B SD)
84 Seven Aces Trevor Hoffman (P SD)
85 Power Alley Jason Schmidt (P LA)
86 Foster Doodle Daisuke Matsuzaka (P BOS)
87 Win. Or Die Trying, Scott Rolen (3B STL)
88 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Takashi Saito (P LA)
89 #13 Jeremy Bonderman (P DET)
90 Evil Empire 2 Aaron Harang (P CIN)

Round 10
91 Evil Empire 2 Alex Rios (OF TOR)
92 #13 Matt Cain (P SF)
93 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Josh Beckett (P BOS)
94 Win. Or Die Trying, Chad Cordero (P WAS)
95 Foster Doodle Cole Hamels (P PHI)
96 Power Alley Rickie Weeks (2B MIL)
97 Seven Aces Brian Roberts (2B BAL)
98 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Mike Piazza (C OAK)
99 Seabrook Bulldogs Francisco Cordero (P MIL)
100 P10-DG--Gamers Jason Isringhausen (P STL)

Round 11
101 P10-DG--Gamers Delmon Young (OF TB)
102 Seabrook Bulldogs J.D. Drew (OF BOS)
103 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Howie Kendrick (2B ANA)
104 Seven Aces Brad Lidge (P HOU)
105 Power Alley C.C. Sabathia (P CLE)
106 Foster Doodle Rocco Baldelli (OF TB)
107 Win. Or Die Trying, Dan Haren (P OAK)
108 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Tom Gordon (P PHI)
109 #13 Erik Bedard (P BAL)
110 Evil Empire 2 Richie Sexson (1B SEA)

Round 12
111 Evil Empire 2 Felipe Lopez (SS WAS)
112 #13 Bill Hall (SS MIL)
113 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Dontrelle Willis (P FLA)
114 Win. Or Die Trying, Raul Ibanez (OF SEA)
115 Foster Doodle Jeff Francoeur (OF ATL)
116 Power Alley Torii Hunter (OF MIN)
117 Seven Aces Brian Fuentes (P COL)
118 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Barry Zito (P SF)
119 Seabrook Bulldogs Russell Martin (C LA)
120 P10-DG--Gamers Eric Gagne (P TEX)

Round 13
121 P10-DG--Gamers Jonathan Papelbon (P BOS)
122 Seabrook Bulldogs Chad Tracy (3B ARI)
123 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Corey Patterson (OF BAL)
124 Seven Aces Rich Harden (P OAK)
125 Power Alley Michael Barrett (C CHC)
126 Foster Doodle Dan Uggla (2B FLA)
127 Win. Or Die Trying, Chris R. Young (P SD)
128 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Ervin Santana (P ANA)
129 #13 Justin Verlander (P DET)
130 Evil Empire 2 Randy Johnson (P ARI)

Round 14
131 Evil Empire 2 Ramon Hernandez (C BAL)
132 #13 Todd Jones (P DET)
133 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Kenji Johjima (C SEA)
134 Win. Or Die Trying, Scott Olsen (P FLA)
135 Foster Doodle Adam Wainwright (P STL)
136 Power Alley Curt Schilling (P BOS)
137 Seven Aces Rich Hill (P CHC)
138 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Michael Cuddyer (OF MIN)
139 Seabrook Bulldogs Adam A. LaRoche (1B PIT)
140 P10-DG--Gamers Nick Markakis (OF BAL)

Round 15
141 P10-DG--Gamers John Patterson (P WAS)
142 Seabrook Bulldogs Dave Bush (P MIL)
143 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Chris Capuano (P MIL)
144 Seven Aces Jorge Posada (C NYY)
145 Power Alley Coco Crisp (OF BOS)
146 Foster Doodle Brad Hawpe (OF COL)
147 Win. Or Die Trying, Barry Bonds (OF SF)
148 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Pat Burrell (OF PHI)
149 #13 Ivan Rodriguez (C DET)
150 Evil Empire 2 A.J. Burnett (P TOR)

Round 16
151 Evil Empire 2 Brandon Phillips (2B CIN)
152 #13 Josh Barfield (2B CLE)
153 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Lyle Overbay (1B TOR)
154 Win. Or Die Trying, A.J. Pierzynski (C CHW)
155 Foster Doodle Gary Matthews (OF ANA)
156 Power Alley Jose Valverde (P ARI)
157 Seven Aces Joel Zumaya (P DET)
158 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Josh Willingham (OF FLA)
159 Seabrook Bulldogs Hank Blalock (3B TEX)
160 P10-DG--Gamers Aubrey Huff (1B BAL)

Round 17
161 P10-DG--Gamers Alex Gordon (3B KC)
162 Seabrook Bulldogs Mike Cameron (OF SD)
163 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Andy Pettitte (P NYY)
164 Seven Aces Johnny Estrada (C MIL)
165 Power Alley Bronson Arroyo (P CIN)
166 Foster Doodle Eric Chavez (3B OAK)
167 Win. Or Die Trying, Craig Monroe (OF DET)
168 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Nomar Garciaparra (1B LA)
169 #13 Bob Wickman (P ATL)
170 Evil Empire 2 Mike Mussina (P NYY)

Round 18
171 Evil Empire 2 Adrian Beltre (3B SEA)
172 #13 Frank Thomas (U TOR)
173 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Jason Varitek (C BOS)
174 Win. Or Die Trying, Morgan Ensberg (3B HOU)
175 Foster Doodle Josh Johnson (P FLA)
176 Power Alley Mark Prior (P CHC)
177 Seven Aces John Maine (P NYM)
178 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Ryan P. Freel (OF CIN)
179 Seabrook Bulldogs Eric Byrnes (OF ARI)
180 P10-DG--Gamers Jeff Kent (2B LA)

Round 19 181 P10-DG--Gamers Jeremy Hermida (OF FLA)
182 Seabrook Bulldogs Octavio Dotel (P KC)
183 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Javier Vazquez (P CHW)
184 Seven Aces Carlos Quentin (OF ARI)
185 Power Alley Ken Griffey (OF CIN)
186 Foster Doodle Joel Pineiro (P BOS)
187 Win. Or Die Trying, Brad Penny (P LA)
188 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Chien-Ming Wang (P NYY)
189 #13 Chuck H. James (P ATL)
190 Evil Empire 2 Ronny Paulino (C PIT)

Round 20
191 Evil Empire 2 Derek Lowe (P LA)
192 #13 Bengie Molina (C SF)
193 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Chris B. Young (OF ARI)
194 Win. Or Die Trying, Rod Barajas (C PHI)
195 Foster Doodle Gerald Laird (C TEX)
196 Power Alley Salomon Torres (P PIT)
197 Seven Aces Luke Scott (OF HOU)
198 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Joe Crede (3B CHW)
199 Seabrook Bulldogs Paul Lo Duca (C NYM)
200 P10-DG--Gamers Ryan Dempster (P CHC)

Round 21
201 P10-DG--Gamers Jeremy Sowers (P CLE)
202 Seabrook Bulldogs Kevin Millwood (P TEX)
203 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Chad Billingsley (P LA)
204 Seven Aces Akinori Otsuka (P TEX)
205 Power Alley Kelvim Escobar (P ANA)
206 Foster Doodle Boof Bonser (P MIN)
207 Win. Or Die Trying, Mark Buehrle (P CHW)
208 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Stephen O. Drew (SS ARI)
209 #13 Roger Clemens (P HOU)
210 Evil Empire 2 Willy Taveras (OF COL)

Round 22
211 Evil Empire 2 Kerry Wood (P CHC)
212 #13 Jose A. Contreras (P CHW)
213 Tractors, Rakes and Hoes II Jason Jennings (P HOU)
214 Win. Or Die Trying, Conor Jackson (1B ARI)
215 Foster Doodle Freddy Sanchez (3B PIT)
216 Power Alley Jason Kendall (C OAK)
217 Seven Aces Edwin Encarnacion (3B CIN)
218 Brick n' Ivy Killaz Taylor Tankersley (P FLA)
219 Seabrook Bulldogs Joe Borowski (P CLE)
220 P10-DG--Gamers Cliff Lee (P CLE)
Old 02-18-2007, 05:14 PM   #48
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

Nice team, Slap, how much are you banking on Rich Harden staying healthy?

If he remains healthy, it's a killer team.
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #49
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FADERPROOF View Post
Nice team, Slap, how much are you banking on Rich Harden staying healthy?

If he remains healthy, it's a killer team.
Not banking on him, just want to have him on a couple teams the season he finally makes 30 starts. I still need to move a bat or two for another top line SP.

I landed Johan Santana with the ninth pick in my draft last night.......

I also have Miggy and Atkins kind of logjammed at third base on that team. I just couldn't resist the absurd value of drafting Atkins at 5/49.

I've just struck a deal to package Miggy, IRod and FCordero for Mauer and Nathan.

I think that's a strong trade for both sides, but I get two superstars and only give up one. Can't pass that up.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:13 PM   #50
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Good luck, Slappy. Maybe managing a team would help me keep my interest during the season, but it just sounds insanely complex.