The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2007, 07:10 PM   #1
Billy Clyde Puckett
Billy=Semi Tough Big Guy

Looking down on KC, SD and Oakland

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway
Default Got your Yankee tickets yet?

Our group got it's bill for the second payment on the Rockies season tickets. We have very good tickets, right behind home plate. Cost $30.00 each. Included was a very special offer to buy additional tickets to the Yankee games at $75.00 per ticket. I don't really have any special interest in seeing the Yankees as opposed to some other team, but I had thought about taking one of my clients who is a big Yankee fan. **** that and **** the Monforts. This p*sses me off more than their dumb a** trades and signings.
Billy Clyde Puckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2007, 08:56 PM   #2
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

What a chicken outfit they're running there.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:42 PM   #3
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

The Madres are raising ticket prices this year...and I think I read that they might have higher prices for the maximum interest games. It's bull****.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:43 PM   #4
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

30 bucks for behind homeplate? Must be nice.
Although im willing to pay whatever the sox charge. I dont really care they matter to much to me.
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:15 PM   #5
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShadow View Post
30 bucks for behind homeplate? Must be nice.
Although im willing to pay whatever the sox charge. I dont really care they matter to much to me.
Word I am making a special trip this year to see my beloved Sox play in Fenway this year. I will never pay to see the Yankees play against any other team than Boston.

Too bad about the Monforts, they will just sit back on their collective dumb fat asses and run this team into the ground. The Rockies have an unbelievable farm system and they will only watch them develop and then go away to be paid somewhere else. I bet the Monforts run this team out of town.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:06 PM   #6
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

Baseball always has prided itself on being the most affordable for the family of four, but it's not as good of value as they claim. Every game counts as 1 out of 162. I don't see how getting charged $80 to watch that small portion of the season is a bargain.

NFL has always been the most pricey, but I think it's the best deal of the 4 major when you consider the magnitude of every contest. One game in the NFL is the difference of making or missing the playoffs, getting the first round bye or playing in the wild card round, watching a coach stay or get the axe......plus, the games stick out in your memories long after the fact.
Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:23 PM   #7
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB 52 View Post
Baseball always has prided itself on being the most affordable for the family of four, but it's not as good of value as they claim. Every game counts as 1 out of 162. I don't see how getting charged $80 to watch that small portion of the season is a bargain.

NFL has always been the most pricey, but I think it's the best deal of the 4 major when you consider the magnitude of every contest. One game in the NFL is the difference of making or missing the playoffs, getting the first round bye or playing in the wild card round, watching a coach stay or get the axe......plus, the games stick out in your memories long after the fact.
No kidding. I think I paid right around $100 for two box seats at petco last year to watch pujols. The tickets are expensive, and the beer is around 8 bucks a pop.

Hey man...am I imagining the Madres having special prices for teams like the Yankees, and Angels? I could have sworn I read that. Have you heard anything?
Old 01-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #8
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
No kidding. I think I paid right around $100 for two box seats at petco last year to watch pujols. The tickets are expensive, and the beer is around 8 bucks a pop.

Hey man...am I imagining the Madres having special prices for teams like the Yankees, and Angels? I could have sworn I read that. Have you heard anything?

You know Lake Elsinore on Thursday nights has a $2 beer night! They also have half priced beer for the other games when the "beer batter" goes down on strikes.

I haven't heard anything about them jacking up the prices for those games, but I bet you're right.
Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:56 PM   #9
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB 52 View Post
You know Lake Elsinore on Thursday nights has a $2 beer night! They also have half priced beer for the other games when the "beer batter" goes down on strikes.

I haven't heard anything about them jacking up the prices for those games, but I bet you're right.
Last season it was dollar beer night on Thursdays. I've never gone to one of those though...I assume that too many amateurs show up to get lit. Although it must not be too bad because it's a very family friendly place, and they didn't cancel it. HAH! I have never heard of the beer batter. Before the games I like to go into the bar that used to be Randy Jones' barbecue, and get a gin and tonic or two. They're right around 3 bucks, and lay a good foundation for the rest of the night.

Minor league sports are a pretty good value. A storm game is cheaper than going to a movie.

Last edited by Pendejo; 01-13-2007 at 10:58 PM..
Old 01-13-2007, 10:59 PM   #10
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I heard somewhere that the Dodgers are going to have a sections of seats where the tickets are $40 but its all you can eat hot dogs, pretzels, popcorn and soda. Beer and candy will still be a one for one deal though. That would actually be worth it given what food costs normaly.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:32 AM   #11
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I heard that too but didnt know it was the Dodgers. 45 minutes before game to start shoving crap down your piehole. Tell those $2 Tuesday losers it wont include ice cream or beer.
On the subject of overcharging for special games; Cubs do it and the Angels did it when Disney owned them. Arte came along and got rid of that crap. He did change policy of buying group tickets for the Yankees and Red Sox is that you have to buy another game and Yanks/Sox werent discounted. Mine are on stubhub if you like 2nd row from field or just regular upper view inside infield.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote