The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2007, 02:06 PM   #1
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer
 
Master___Pain's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Springs
Posts: 4,497

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover
Default JR Smith returns tonight

and the Nuggs are going to need him big time. They really need to get a couple more wins before Melo gets back in two weeks. Hopefully JR can stretch the D and unclog the lane a bit.
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2007, 06:51 PM   #2
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,992

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Wrong Forum!



But yeah, this is huge. As long as the Nuggets can stay .500 or better and/or hold a playoff spot until Carmelo gets back, they can make a run. Right now they sit at 8th in the West I believe, and if they can hold that or grab 7, that would be great.

Hopefully JR knocks the rust off tonight, I'm going to the Rockets game on Friday.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

More JR = less Earl. Nice.

JR & Iverson are going make life easier for each other. The Nuggets have been facing almost strictly zone defenses that have been cutting off Iverson's ability to get to the basket. JR's shooting will loosen that up. If they loosen up the zone, there will be lanes for Iverson to drive through. Tough draw getting the Spurs in his first game back, though.

Just need to keep their heads above water until a week from Monday when Carmelo comes back.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:40 AM   #4
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

In the 2nd half of this game, Marcus Camby played about the laziest half of basketball I've ever seen out of him in all of his years as a Nugget.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:21 AM   #5
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
In the 2nd half of this game, Marcus Camby played about the laziest half of basketball I've ever seen out of him in all of his years as a Nugget.
still better than Kenyon Martins hardest working half last year.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:15 AM   #6
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard
 
Nuggets4's Avatar
 
Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson
Default

I actually had a club level seat for this game (won it through work). First of all, Allen Iverson is just incredible to watch. I spent most of the game just watching him. The man is a freak of nature. Second of all, I never want to sit in the club seats again as all of the douchebags around me were a pain in the ass. We had the idiot frat guys with their trophy bimbos who were there with daddy's tickets and ended up getting bombed, almost falling over, and dropping the f-bomb about every 30 seconds. Then of course we have the people that could care less about the game and gave me weird looks for cheering.

But the food is a lot better on the club level.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:25 PM   #7
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer
 
Master___Pain's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Springs
Posts: 4,497

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4 View Post
But the food is a lot better on the club level.
That and having a waiter are the only positives about club level.
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:42 PM   #8
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard
 
Nuggets4's Avatar
 
Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master___Pain View Post
That and having a waiter are the only positives about club level.
Problem was that the waiter had to spend half of the night dealing with the idiot frat boys, so he stood next to me most of the night blocking my view. Unless they're free again, I'll never go club seats.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:27 PM   #9
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,992

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4 View Post
I actually had a club level seat for this game (won it through work). First of all, Allen Iverson is just incredible to watch. I spent most of the game just watching him. The man is a freak of nature. Second of all, I never want to sit in the club seats again as all of the douchebags around me were a pain in the ass. We had the idiot frat guys with their trophy bimbos who were there with daddy's tickets and ended up getting bombed, almost falling over, and dropping the f-bomb about every 30 seconds. Then of course we have the people that could care less about the game and gave me weird looks for cheering.

But the food is a lot better on the club level.
I can't wait to see AI play in person. I've seen him once when the 6ers visited the Nuggs, but I want to really watch him with our boys. And I really hope JR has knocked the rust off. I want to see a win, damnit.

I'm going to the game on Friday, I'm sitting Row 2, section 126. Scored killer seats on eBay, which came with passes to the elite lounge, which apparently means we get fed before the game. Anyways, hopefully the food is good and we have a good crowd in that part of the stands. It's always hard to gauge what sections will be good and which ones will be people just there to sit down.

Sorry to hear you had a not-so-good experience in the club level. Those tickets always seem so cool.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:10 AM   #10
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

I sat at club level for an Avs game a few years ago. A UPS rep gave me the tickets, right at center ice. Best seats I've ever had for a hockey game and the Avs rewarded me by getting hammered 7-1 by Calgary.

Damn you club level.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:21 AM   #11
Jori
US Olympian
 
Jori's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
I sat at club level for an Avs game a few years ago. A UPS rep gave me the tickets, right at center ice. Best seats I've ever had for a hockey game and the Avs rewarded me by getting hammered 7-1 by Calgary.

Damn you club level.
Just think that somebody else had a similar experience tonight
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:36 AM   #12
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Just think that somebody else had a similar experience tonight
I hope the chicken wings were just as tasty for them as they were for me.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Denver Broncos