The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2006, 06:04 PM   #1
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default My Rockies Christmas Wish

Dear Santa,

I believe in you. I really do! So with that out of the way, I have a request. Please make those sorry-ass Monforts make a call to Stan Kroenke, offering to sell the team. I'd be willing to attend games at Wal-Mart Field, if it helped. Stan Kroenke knows how to run a professional sports organization, and as a long-suffering fan (not the same as, say, a Cubs fan - but you get the idea), I deserve an owner commited to winning. If you really want to give me a great gift, somehow get Pat Bowlen in on the deal.

I realize that what I am asking is just a dream. I also realize that I will be spoken of in 50 years with the same sympathetic tones reserved for Cubs fans today. "Those Rockies fans sure have put up with a lot of crap over the years. It would be great to see them win a World Series. It would also be great to have world peace. And a cure for the world's diseases. And no more hunger." By then, the Monforts will be the Art Modells of MLB - lovable, cheap losers that have never won anything, but have stuck around long enough to endear themselves upon people - at least people that aren't Rockies fans. Heck, for all I know, they'll probably be Mike Browns - unlovable, cheap losers that own a family business to the detriment of their fans. Either way, they'll still be losers, and I will be an old, gray, championship-less fan - but I digress.

Guys like Stan and Pat look at their teams realistically. Sure, they don't want them to become a financial sieves. But they also see ownership as part hobby, and they have deep enough pockets to sacrifice short-term gains for the long-term health of their franchises. They know their equity stakes in their teams will be enhanced by a good product. And most importantly, they want to win. The Monforts just want to make money - every year. I can't fault them for that. I just wish they would pursue their goals in a different industry.

So, what do you think, Santa? Please?

Sincerely,

DomCasual - the fan, not the font.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2006, 01:36 AM   #2
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote