The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2006, 09:46 PM   #26
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

I think it's a great move and I'll tell you why.

I've been a Nuggets fan since the mid 80's. I've sat through enough five year plans and rebuilding phases that I'm more than ready for a ballsy move like this one. I'm ready for them to take chance on being great, despite the risks involved.

It could very well be a disaster and blow up in their faces.....but then it may very well work out. The potential reward is well worth the risk when you've been subjected to the horrid times that I have during the 20+ years I've been following them.

Call them the Thuggets all you want, I'll call them the closest thing to a contender this team has been since the days when English & Issel were on the roster.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:49 PM   #27
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

what do I think?

I'm soooo excited....
And I just can't hide it....
I know. I know. I know. I know.
I want you. Want you.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:54 PM   #28
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

The thug factor is overrated. As the chick from Espn's page 2 notes the "thug" tag is from "the answer's" refusal to accept the corporate nba image. You do that, and a lot of things are overlooked. It's not what you do so much as your attitude doing it. Smoking herb, comes to mind (I think I'll opt for a beer instead, as if I smoke herb my kid gets taken away and I lose my job, so **** you NBA, as I live my life on the square cause I have to. And that's the NBA's real problem. Stan the Man may be selling the nuggs over the avs today, but the NBA longterm has a fan base problem. Anyway, melo is pretty close to "non-thug" status. Herb isn't a big deal, but real men drink scotch ... and smoke winstons if they smoke).

This deal is a lot better than having English and Issel, primarily because Camby plays D. Those of you saying 'the answer' is at point, arent' reading what Karl's saying. He wants "the answer' shooting, but not with the ball in his hand coming down the floor on half court. The nuggs are closer to where they were with natt, fats and cooper than ever before. For those of us who remember, Moe coached D when he had Fats, Coop and Natt. Get a PG who can man up on a 6-5 shooter, Camby does, and Melo can play D. Nene ... honestly I haven't seen but two games since he hurt the knee.

IMO the real problem will be "the answer's" effect on melo. Melo goes thug, and the fans turn on him. If Melo doesn't go thug, will 'the answer" call him out? We'll see. Supposedly "the answer" has matured and wants a championship more than anything ....including being a thug? OK, he can be thug, but will he let melo keep the team and relative non-thug status?
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:05 PM   #29
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja fan View Post
let me try.

If Steve was a rouge cop than he should be stopped just as any bad cop should be stopped.

You felt Beerslug jumped to conclusions and acted on those conclusions by sending emails to news outlets in NM. to have them look into possible abuse of power by a long time cop.

You have also jumped to conclusions that it was Beerslug that sent the emails and decided to slander Bearslug all over the board in any forum you find him.

I am pointing out that there is no real difference.
BS.

There is a HUGE difference from being an a-hole here on the mane, to be an a-hole in real life and costing the guy his job.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:06 PM   #30
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Iverson might have been a thug when he was younger, but he has matured I think. He is still rebellious and will give Karl headaches, but hopefully he gives opponents more headaches.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:29 PM   #31
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
BS.

There is a HUGE difference from being an a-hole here on the mane, to be an a-hole in real life and costing the guy his job.
No difference in principal only in the degree of affect.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:04 PM   #32
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

That is the worst logic I have ever heard of in my entire life. If I punched you because I hated you, there is no difference in that to what Hitler did to the Jews. If you really believe that then you are truly messed up. I'm not debating this further.