The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2006, 05:17 PM   #11
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
I agree... to a point. Speaking in basketball terms only, you take the best deal.

But, professional sports is a business, and it's not always just about the play on the floor. Last night they mentioned on SportsCenter that yesterday's 76ers game only had 11,000 people show up to it.

Now, what happens if, theoretically, AI and Pierce go on a tear, make a deep run into the playoffs, etc? You're going to have a lot of pissed off, disillusioned 76ers fans. I'm not saying that AI makes Boston a title contender, but just think what would happen if Boston instantly got good, won games, etc. You have a fan base that is already shook at the fact that AI is leaving, meanwhile they see him helping a rival team win. Meanwhile, the 76ers still suck and are rebuilding. At least if you ship him to another conference altogether it doesn't hurt as much.

Again, I agree, from a purely Basketball standpoint, 76ers need the best players/expiring contracts/draft picks it can get. But people are already not showing up to games with AI. Him going to the Celtics probably won't help that.

Yea, you are right. I'm wrong.

I'm worn out.

We'll see if the Iverson +1 superstar thing will workout afterall. Most likely, he will be playing with Carmelo.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Man, what a wasted week.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote