The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Poll: do you want iverson in a nuggets uni? nugs fans only please
Poll Options
do you want iverson in a nuggets uni? nugs fans only please

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2006, 08:30 PM   #1
orange 4 life
Old School Orange
 
Home team qb homer

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Anywhere, CO.
Posts: 8,576
Default iverson to come to denver?

its not broncos news, but in my humble opinion broncos fans should also be nuggets fans (just my .02. i know alot of you arent. ), so this should be relevant to most of you out there.

anyway, the nuggets pregame show on am950 is RIGHT NOW reporting that a source within the league office has leaked word that the nuggets and sixers have agreed to the essentials of a trade that will bring iverson to denver.

whaddya think broncos/nuggets fans?

let me be clear here and say that this is NOT official information, and realistically still falls under the "speculation" category, but for the 1st time there is at least a source thats reporting that it WILL happen, so its past pure conjecture.
shem made it clear that NO ONE from the nuggets office has addressed this report, but its exciting none the less, since the source apparently works for the league.

personally, i gotta say that i like it.
i DONT like the idea of losing jr smith and/or nene hilario, both of whom are young, talented, and should blossom into solid if not very good nba players.

that said, i am now and always will be about winning NOW, and with that in mind, i hope this info is correct.
the 2 top scorers on the same team?
both of whom are likely to put winning 1st and their own point total 2nd?
i like it. git er done.

jake
orange 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2006, 08:41 PM   #2
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,310

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

O4L we have been going over this trade for a few days now. I guess someone inside the organization has posted every Nugget move this year before it happened and has said this will happen soon. With what he says the Nuggs are giving up I am all for this.

Also the supposed trade that Mike Evans keeps touting is supposedly wrong. Its not JR Smith its Joe Smith that is going. If the Nuggs were going to trade JR Smith they would have done it weeks ago to the Clippers for Corey Maggette. Nene is involved but Giant Heat Mike Evans keeps saying its Camby. Whispers are Nene, Najera, and Joe Smith and the first round picks are going to Phily for AI. I have also read Miller/boykins is involved. Supposedly Phily would then take Nene and ship him off to Portland for their center as they are looking for expiring contracts to make cap space.

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 12-13-2006 at 08:44 PM..
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:43 PM   #3
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,422

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Go Suns!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:44 PM   #4
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unsettled, NC
Posts: 7,660

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

AI to Mile High? Sure, why not (depending on the deal).
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:47 PM   #5
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

There is not a chance in hell that AI comes to denver. You guys don't have enough young talent and expiring contracts to land him.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:47 PM   #6
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,310

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...t=50555&page=7

Here is the link. Page 6 has a link to the nuggets board where this eric guy posted some details. Of course this could be some 13 year old with an imagination but many others seem to say he has been spot on in the past.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:48 PM   #7
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,310

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
There is not a chance in hell that AI comes to denver. You guys don't have enough young talent and expiring contracts to land him.
You are just hoping he goes to Boston. Remember we have two picks, and some expiring contracts. That gives them cap space and picks. I bet we have one of the best chances.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:52 PM   #8
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
O4L we have been going over this trade for a few days now. I guess someone inside the organization has posted every Nugget move this year before it happened and has said this will happen soon. With what he says the Nuggs are giving up I am all for this.

Also the supposed trade that Mike Evans keeps touting is supposedly wrong. Its not JR Smith its Joe Smith that is going. If the Nuggs were going to trade JR Smith they would have done it weeks ago to the Clippers for Corey Maggette. Nene is involved but Giant Heat Mike Evans keeps saying its Camby. Whispers are Nene, Najera, and Joe Smith and the first round picks are going to Phily for AI. I have also read Miller/boykins is involved. Supposedly Phily would then take Nene and ship him off to Portland for their center as they are looking for expiring contracts to make cap space.
Why in the world Portland would **** themselves like that, I don't know.

Nene is averaging 6 pts and 4 rebounds a game at age 24. There simply isn't that much upside to the guy considering he has one of the worst contracts in the NBA (6 years, 60 million) and is coming off major knee surgery. He has never been a rebounder or a shot blocker. At this point, you would have to say he is a poor, poor man's Eddy Curry.

And where exactly is portland going to play him? They have LaMarcus Aldridge, Zach Randolph, Reaf Lafrentz (3 years, 32 million left) and Joel Pryzibilla who they just signed to a 5 year, 30 million dollar deal. They don't need Nene. That rumor has to be bogus.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:56 PM   #9
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
You are just hoping he goes to Boston. Remember we have two picks, and some expiring contracts. That gives them cap space and picks. I bet we have one of the best chances.
Yes, you have expiring contracts to a point --Joe Smith and Najera (I don't know Andre Miller's contract length). Those two guys only give you 12 million. You need 5 more million just to match up with AI. And the two first round picks you are going to be offering are essentially early 2nd rounders because Dallas is going to have one of the best records in the league and Denver with AI is going to be right there with them.

AI to Denver is nothing but a bogus rumor unless somebody is willing to take on Nene's horrendous contract.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:08 PM   #10
orange 4 life
Old School Orange
 
Home team qb homer

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Anywhere, CO.
Posts: 8,576
Default

sorry!!

i thought it was okay on the main forum since its denver sports related.
i HONESTLY didnt think about going to another forum, but i shouldve.

i guess im just SO used to posting only on the main board that it didnt occur to me.
anyway, my bad.
orange 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:09 PM   #11
orange 4 life
Old School Orange
 
Home team qb homer

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Anywhere, CO.
Posts: 8,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
O4L we have been going over this trade for a few days now. I guess someone inside the organization has posted every Nugget move this year before it happened and has said this will happen soon. With what he says the Nuggs are giving up I am all for this.

Also the supposed trade that Mike Evans keeps touting is supposedly wrong. Its not JR Smith its Joe Smith that is going. If the Nuggs were going to trade JR Smith they would have done it weeks ago to the Clippers for Corey Maggette. Nene is involved but Giant Heat Mike Evans keeps saying its Camby. Whispers are Nene, Najera, and Joe Smith and the first round picks are going to Phily for AI. I have also read Miller/boykins is involved. Supposedly Phily would then take Nene and ship him off to Portland for their center as they are looking for expiring contracts to make cap space.
i hear ya buddy, but THIS info did NOT come from someone inside the organization, which is what makes it interesting.

it came from someone in the LEAGUE offices.
pretty exciting.
orange 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:58 PM   #12
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Here is the link. Page 6 has a link to the nuggets board where this eric guy posted some details. Of course this could be some 13 year old with an imagination but many others seem to say he has been spot on in the past.
He's solid, he works for the Nugs. He posted both the J.R. and Joe Smith trades a couple days before they happened, and before anyone in the media even rumored that these trades might happen. I'd go with what he says over anyone else, he's proven he knows what's going on within the organization.

Last edited by Hercules Rockefeller; 12-13-2006 at 10:00 PM..
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:04 PM   #13
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,793

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Can Iverson play any defense cos it looks like the Nuggs need that more. Wizards just dropped 121 on them tonight.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:07 PM   #14
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,310

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
Yes, you have expiring contracts to a point --Joe Smith and Najera (I don't know Andre Miller's contract length). Those two guys only give you 12 million. You need 5 more million just to match up with AI. And the two first round picks you are going to be offering are essentially early 2nd rounders because Dallas is going to have one of the best records in the league and Denver with AI is going to be right there with them.

AI to Denver is nothing but a bogus rumor unless somebody is willing to take on Nene's horrendous contract.
You are going to be one unhappy dude if this happens. I know how much you want him to come to Boston. Supposedly Golden State had the best offer but Iverson said no way in Hell he would show up. Supposedly Portland will take Nene but you never know. Again I will believe it when I see it. This may have been a leak to get things moving elsewhere.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:30 PM   #15
Jori
US Olympian
 
Jori's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Can Iverson play any defense cos it looks like the Nuggs need that more. Wizards just dropped 121 on them tonight.
That was down right fugly tonight.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:33 PM   #16
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,310

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
That was down right fugly tonight.
Yes that was not pretty. On another note Milan just had a pretty goal in the 2nd period.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:36 PM   #17
Jori
US Olympian
 
Jori's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Yes that was not pretty. On another note Milan just had a pretty goal in the 2nd period.
Yup...calling him Frankenstein right now after what happened to his nose.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:36 PM   #18
rubaiyat
Pro Bowler
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
That was down right fugly tonight.
Well gotta take nights like that with a team that will run and averages 110 themselves.

It was the second of a back to back on a long road trip. We get out of this week 2-2, even on an East Coast swing and I'll consider it a wash.
rubaiyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:44 PM   #19
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,310

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Yup...calling him Frankenstein right now after what happened to his nose.
I missed exactly what happened to his nose when did he get injured?
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:57 PM   #20
Jori
US Olympian
 
Jori's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,627
Default

Part of his nose was hacked off in the LA game on Saturday.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:08 PM   #21
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,310

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Yowza I missed that game I was working.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:42 AM   #22
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer
 
azbroncfan's Avatar
 
Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 8,645

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW
Default

Go Jazz
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:43 PM.


Denver Broncos