The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2006, 12:36 AM   #126
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

I like it but dang that's a tiny front court. We would need to get another big guy if we lost both Nene and Najera.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:40 AM   #127
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Well we have Kleiza and isn't Diawara playing forward and some Gaurd. We still have Camby and Melo although that leaves the depth lacking.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:41 AM   #128
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Well teh last thing I want is to have Melo banging it up with a bunch of 6'10 guys on defense because all we have is him and Camby.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:45 AM   #129
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
I read the same thing, but I thought that Nene & Joe Smith couldn't be traded until the 15th?
Nene I think, but can't Smith be dealt now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
I like it but dang that's a tiny front court. We would need to get another big guy if we lost both Nene and Najera.
Only a depth rotation guy. The Nugs offense runs at its best with Melo down low, this would allow that more often.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:45 AM   #130
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Good point. I am still worried about the ego thing too. Yeah Melo developed a repore with AI at the Olympics but how will things end up on an everyday basis? Also how will Karl and AI interact with his practice philosiphy? Its worth the try but I do have that worry in my gut.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:46 AM   #131
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Well teh last thing I want is to have Melo banging it up with a bunch of 6'10 guys on defense because all we have is him and Camby.
Although I would love AI, and since ideally we want to fast break and not run halfcourt sets, I do agree that I'm not too keen on playing Melo at PF... Although he would probably murder some of them on the wing.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:46 AM   #132
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4 View Post

Only a depth rotation guy. The Nugs offense runs at its best with Melo down low, this would allow that more often.
ok so saying the insider nail another one and this trade gets done. How does it work if Nene can't be traded until Friday?
Old 12-13-2006, 12:47 AM   #133
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4 View Post
I thought that Smith could be traded individually, but couldn't be packaged up with other players/picks until the 15th. I could be wrong.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:52 AM   #134
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Good point. I am still worried about the ego thing too. Yeah Melo developed a repore with AI at the Olympics but how will things end up on an everyday basis? Also how will Karl and AI interact with his practice philosiphy? Its worth the try but I do have that worry in my gut.
I'm not worried about the ego thing at all, and here's why:

Greg Anthony made a very interesting point on SportsCenter tonight. He stated that when you look at championship teams, look at the 2nd leading scorer on the team. More often than not, they're a Hall of Fame player. Point is, people call AI selfish, but who is he supposed to defer to on the 6ers? Is he supposed to trust Korver or AI2? AI2 is a nice player and an up-and-comer, but would you trust him to carry a team? Probably not. Nobody can score on that team, not like AI.

I do believe AI would trust Carmelo enough to share. Stats don't lie, both these guys are at the top of the league's scoring. Carmelo can play ball.

Of course, when you get into pressure situations, game winning shots, etc, both guys will want the ball. But I think in a normal game situation, both will be fine.

Plus, with the way Karl wants to get quick shots, up and down the court, etc, that leaves a lot of possessions for everybody to touch the ball.

I also think that while you can say what you want about AI off the court, he does love the game and wants to win, so it's his best interest to play nice. And go to practice sometimes.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:56 AM   #135
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

I just looked on the trade checker on RealGM and apparently there's no restrictions on trading Joe Smith. You're right, Nuggs, Nene is the only one who can't be moved until the 15th.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:59 AM   #136
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

If the Sixers have their heart set on this offer, I don´t think 2-3 days would be a big obstacle.

And I too would like to have a link to the board you´re reading this on.
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:01 AM   #137
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens1893 View Post
If the Sixers have their heart set on this offer, I don´t think 2-3 days would be a big obstacle.

And I too would like to have a link to the board you´re reading this on.
Here's one of them.

www.nuggets.proboards1.com
Old 12-13-2006, 01:10 AM   #138
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
Here's one of them.

www.nuggets.proboards1.com
Man I do not like how that board is set up. Really hard to read. So it looks like there is a lot of chatter out there regarding Denver. Only time will tell I guess.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:07 AM   #139
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Wow I am up late trying to find out anymore info. I perused more of that website you linked clockwork. It looks like the inside poster eric something has some decent insight. He mentioned Kyle Korver coming over. If that were the case he gives us a great 3 point threat. Ok I have to go to bed I am getting way to into the hype!
Old 12-13-2006, 10:07 AM   #140
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_4828884

Atlanta - The Nuggets are still running in the race for Philadelphia 76ers guard Allen Iverson, according to NBA sources.

The Nuggets, Indiana, Boston, Minnesota and Golden State are talking to the Sixers about Iverson, according to sources. Denver had conversations Tuesday with Sixers officials.

The Sixers seem intrigued by salary-cap space and draft picks.

To make a deal work, the Nuggets would likely trade forward- center Nene and possibly two other players with expiring contracts, along with their two first-round picks in 2007, to Philadelphia. Since Nene is in the first year of a five-year, $60-million contract, the Sixers may want to send him to Portland for center Jamaal Magloire in order to acquire another expiring contract.

Denver also has made attempts to acquire Iverson, the 2001 MVP who now is inactive after asking to be traded, during last season and the past offseason.

"I'm going to call him and pick his brain," said Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony, about Iverson. "But I can't see him in another uniform."

If we can get this deal done, it likely won't be till Friday.

Last edited by spdirty; 12-13-2006 at 10:22 AM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:49 PM   #141
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Well I am hearing that the trade is now really J.R. Smith, Najera, and Camby. Philly nixed the Nene part. Again this is Mike Evans on 950 and I am not sure how much clout he has. If this is the trade I say no way in hell. J.R. has too much potential going for him.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:06 PM   #142
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Ok I just read that 560 called the "other" stations reports absolutely retarded. No JR and no Camby involved still.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:10 PM   #143
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Well, the Sixers were expected to have a deal done by Tuesday night ... it´s now Wednesday and there´s still no sign of a deal. This leads me to believe that the Nuggets may indeed be involved here as they cannot trade Nene until Friday.
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:17 PM   #144
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Well I am hearing that the trade is now really J.R. Smith, Najera, and Camby. Philly nixed the Nene part. Again this is Mike Evans on 950 and I am not sure how much clout he has. If this is the trade I say no way in hell. J.R. has too much potential going for him.
No ****ing way you do that deal. Camby and JR?!? Pass. This team needs Camby as much as anyone (not named Melo of course)
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:24 PM   #145
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master___Pain View Post
No ****ing way you do that deal. Camby and JR?!? Pass. This team needs Camby as much as anyone (not named Melo of course)
Yeah I went and read some stuff in that Nuggets forum that was linked here. Apparently Mike Evans is either getting bad info or his source is whack. I guess 560 actually said that the "other" station has no clue what is going down. JR and Camby are not in the mix. If they do come out and say that is the trade I will lose all faith in the Nuggets. You killed your present, and future by doing that. I doubt Kroenke would sign off on that.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:27 PM   #146
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Wow, that would have been Philly raping us blind if we gave them JR, Camby, and Najera. I would have been pissed, even as much as I love me some AI.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:30 PM   #147
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

That is whay makes Mike Evans look even more retarded to actually report that. The Nuggets never make that trade, unless they all of a sudden lost their brains.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:49 PM   #148
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

The last person to have Nugs sources at 950 was Chad Andross (sp?). Everything Evans has reported has come from Philly, not the Nugs. Can't believe he said Camby was involved when the DP said this morning that they weren't trading MC to Philly.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:01 PM   #149
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
That is whay makes Mike Evans look even more retarded to actually report that. The Nuggets never make that trade, unless they all of a sudden lost their brains.
Quote:
The last person to have Nugs sources at 950 was Chad Andross (sp?). Everything Evans has reported has come from Philly, not the Nugs. Can't believe he said Camby was involved when the DP said this morning that they weren't trading MC to Philly.

Mike Evans is awful. Period. He's trying to scoop the story but his "scoop" sucks.
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:30 PM   #150
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

I've heard on a few outlets today a rumored deal that would send Phily 2 First Round Picks, Nene, Joe Smith, and possibly Earl Boykins. Phily would then send Nene to Portland in return for the expiring contact of Jamal Maglorie. The Nuggets would recieve Iverson.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote