The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #101
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
From what I've heard from the same source that Nuggs cited earlier, Boston has offered the best package (he didn't name names) but the 76ers are petrified by the idea of trading Iverson to a division rival.

I know, it seems silly to pass up the best deal on the table for that reason, but that appears to be the case.
So that is what pouring salt on a wound is. I always wondered about that!
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:59 PM   #102
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Gonzo, you really need to start a Cīs blog ...
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:00 PM   #103
rubaiyat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
All you nuggets fans dont' get me wrong right now. I'm just hating because I want Iverson on the Celtics. That's it. I'm a hater. If you land Iverson for Nene, I might jump off a roof because I know we have the better offer but since we play in the same division as Philly, they really don't want to deal with us.

AARRGGH. I have wasted my whole day waiting for this trade.
That's downright neighborly of you.

At least on the flip side...you have better odds of landing KG being in the East and having everyone tie up "funds" going for Iverson.
rubaiyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:01 PM   #104
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
So that is what pouring salt on a wound is. I always wondered about that!
Just repeating what I heard. Nothing everyone probably didn't already assume.

Again, I'm still not believing that Iverson is coming to Denver until there's an official announcement. My hopes have been dashed far too many times.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:02 PM   #105
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
From what I've heard from the same source that Nuggs cited earlier, Boston has offered the best package (he didn't name names) but the 76ers are petrified by the idea of trading Iverson to a division rival.

I know, it seems silly to pass up the best deal on the table for that reason, but that appears to be the case.
See, and that is just stupidity. Plain stupidity. The Sixers KNOW THEY ARE GOING TO SUCK FOR THE NEXT TWO SEASONS, who gives a flying **** what Iverson does? He is traded. He is no longer a Sixer, does it really matter if plays in Seattle or Boston? He has nothing to do with the Sixers anymore. It is not as if the Sixers are going to challenge the Celtics for the Atlantic Division crown in the next three years.

Good grief. I know we have the best deal on the table.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:03 PM   #106
rubaiyat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Man this is like when we were in the Labron lottery and the NFL fixed it for him to go to Cleveland. I was so dissapointed b/c we ended up coming in 3rd in picking. I just knew Detroit was going to take Melo. Then we got Melo and I was so excited for Nuggs basketball again. This trade can take us to the next level if it pans out. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH! I am getting to excited.
It's best we didn't ...Kiki was looking mighty hard at Darko.

Not to say he's a bust. Maybe he might even be great...especially with some confidence early...

But I can live with being third.

I bet Dumars would love to have that one back though
Old 12-12-2006, 10:03 PM   #107
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Why Philly would trade AI to Boston is beyond me. Looks like they are not to keen either so at least that says something. I mean that would be like us trading Champ Bailey to Kansas City. Just makes no sense.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:04 PM   #108
rubaiyat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't think Mchale trades Garnett to us. He already traded Wally Z to Boston.

If he ended up trading Garnett to Boston, he would have essentially traded his two best players to Boston and we didn't send Paul Pierce back in return.

He can't make that move. That is a career killer.
Come on, he owes his CAREER to Boston...it's all a master plan by Red.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:05 PM   #109
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
See, and that is just stupidity. Plain stupidity. The Sixers KNOW THEY ARE GOING TO SUCK FOR THE NEXT TWO SEASONS, who gives a flying **** what Iverson does? He is traded. He is no longer a Sixer, does it really matter if plays in Seattle or Boston? He has nothing to do with the Sixers anymore. It is not as if the Sixers are going to challenge the Celtics for the Atlantic Division crown in the next three years.

Good grief. I know we have the best deal on the table.
Exactly. So if you're going to suck ass for two years and be frontrunners in the Greg Oden & OJ Mayo sweepstakes', why would you give a rip what Boston does during that time? By the time the 76ers are ready to be competitive again, Iverson will either be well past his prime or retired.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:05 PM   #110
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubaiyat View Post

Not to say he's a bust. Maybe he might even be great...especially with some confidence early...

But I can live with being third.

I bet Dumars would love to have that one back though
Kiki also threw all that money at Martin and tried to say the team needed to revolve around him not Melo. I thought Kiki was great at dumping all that salary but man his thinking was just retarded. Darko was never going to have the impact that Lebron of Melo has had.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:09 PM   #111
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Why Philly would trade AI to Boston is beyond me. Looks like they are not to keen either so at least that says something. I mean that would be like us trading Champ Bailey to Kansas City. Just makes no sense.

Basketball is a little different from football. There rivalries are not as heated. No one on the Boston Celtics' board has a sig that says "Philly sucks" or no one even starts a thread thats says "Philly lost again! ya-hoo." Same for the Philly board. I think the reason being is because there are 82 games a year and we only play Philly like 6 times. Too many games played to hate another team. Besides, eight teams in the NBA make the playoffs so division crowns aren't that big of deal. And remember, Toronto traded VC to New Jersey and we all play in the Atlantic.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:11 PM   #112
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubaiyat View Post
Everyone said they would have taken Darko 2nd that year
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:14 PM   #113
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Everyone said they would have taken Darko 2nd that year
It was pretty well known that Kiki wanted Darko. One of Kiki's absolute biggest problems was his love for projects.

The Nuggets got so lucky to end up with Carmelo that it's not even funny. Several things had to break their way for that to happen.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:15 PM   #114
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Just repeating what I heard. Nothing everyone probably didn't already assume.
Oh I know, I was just trying to tease Gonzo.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:15 PM   #115
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
By the time the 76ers are ready to be competitive again, Iverson will either be well past his prime or retired.
See, I don't think so. You can compare Iverson's body type and wear and tear to WRs in the NFL. Guys like Keenan McCardell, Rod Smith, Jerry Rice and James Lofton were great, great players at age 35. No one can say with a straight face that Iverson has taken more pounding going into the lane in the NBA than Rod Smith has going over the middle in the NFL. ANd you know WR's rely on speed (somewhat) to get open.

Allen Iverson is one of the greatest athletes of our generation. No one can really dispute that. I think he is money for the next six seasons. He is only 31 years old. I see no reason for a drop off. If Jason Kidd can put down 38 pts, 14 rebounds and 13 assists like he did against Phoenix the other night as a 34 year old coming off microfracture surgery, I see no reason why Iverson still cannot dominate well into his mid 30's.

Last edited by GonzoLays; 12-12-2006 at 10:18 PM..
Old 12-12-2006, 10:18 PM   #116
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Oh I know, I was just trying to tease Gonzo.
And it worked, b****!! I'm delirious! Gonzo need sleep.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:19 PM   #117
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
See, I don't think so. You can compare Iverson's body type and wear and tear to WRs in the NFL. Guys like Keenan McCardell, Rod Smith, Jerry Rice and James Lofton were great, great players at age 35. No one can say with a straight face that Iverson has taken more pounding going into the lane in the NBA than Rod Smith has going over the middle in the NFL. ANd you know WR's rely on speed (somewhat) to get open.

Allen Iverson is one of the greatest athletes of our generation. No one can really dispute that. I think he is money for the next six seasons. He is only 31 years old. I see no reason for a drop off. If Jason Kidd can put down 38 pts, 14 rebounds and 13 assists like he did against Phoenix the other night as a 34 year old coming off microfracture surgery, I see no reason why Iverson still cannot dominate well into his mid 30's.
Perhaps Philly sees it the same way you do. I guess that would explain why they don't want to send him to Boston.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:19 PM   #118
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:

I tend to agree with this. I don't know how much money he would demand when he re-ups in 2 or 3 years, but I think he'll be good. If guys like Sam Cassell can start in this league currently, I think AI could. How old is Sam, anyways? He's gotta be like 35. At least 33, I would imagine. He played on those Rocket championship teams like 10 years ago.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:14 PM   #119
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Holy Crap.

If we get him for Nene and two firsts I'm all for it.

Then possibly we could trade Miller for a SF.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:27 PM   #120
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Holy Crap.

Doesnt Melo play SF? Shouldnt that be PF?
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:29 PM   #121
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Yeah sorry I'm always thinking strong forward for some reason.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:28 AM   #122
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Quote:

That's because he's an NBA GM. Seriously, they are the worst GM's in all of sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Holy Crap.

If we have AI, JR and Melo, we're going to need SOMEONE who doesn't need to jack up shots. Trading Dre would be pretty damn foolish IMO. ASSUMING that it's Nene, Najera and Joe Smith (with picks) for AI and Ollie, this gives us two possibilities for lineups.

# AI, Dre, Midget, Ollie
# JR, Yakouba
# Melo, Kleiza
# Evans, KMart*
# Camby, Sampson

or

# Dre, Ollie
# AI, Midget
# JR, Yakouba
# Melo, Kleiza, KMart*
# Camby, Evans

* = injured with strained vagina

One thing's for sure, all of a sudden we're thin up front. I'd LOVE it if we could deal the midget instead of Eddie, but I'm not sure if that would happen. Hopefully Earl's out of town one way or another.

Oh, and because I like watching the panic here, the "insider" just posted that if Portland approves the deal in the morning (they're the third team), AI will be a Nugget by the afternoon.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:31 AM   #123
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4 View Post
Oh, and because I like watching the panic here, the "insider" just posted that if Portland approves the deal in the morning (they're the third team), AI will be a Nugget by the afternoon.
I read the same thing, but I thought that Nene & Joe Smith couldn't be traded until the 15th?
Old 12-13-2006, 12:32 AM   #124
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4 View Post
That's because he's an NBA GM. Seriously, they are the worst GM's in all of sports.

If we have AI, JR and Melo, we're going to need SOMEONE who doesn't need to jack up shots. Trading Dre would be pretty damn foolish IMO. ASSUMING that it's Nene, Najera and Joe Smith (with picks) for AI and Ollie, this gives us two possibilities for lineups.

# AI, Dre, Midget, Ollie
# JR, Yakouba
# Melo, Kleiza
# Evans, KMart*
# Camby, Sampson

or

# Dre, Ollie
# AI, Midget
# JR, Yakouba
# Melo, Kleiza, KMart*
# Camby, Evans

* = injured with strained vagina

One thing's for sure, all of a sudden we're thin up front. I'd LOVE it if we could deal the midget instead of Eddie, but I'm not sure if that would happen. Hopefully Earl's out of town one way or another.

You are the devil you damn TEASE I have Nuggets blue balls now!
Old 12-13-2006, 12:36 AM   #125
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Where are you guys reading this?