The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2006, 10:20 PM   #76
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4 View Post
http://www2.realgm.com/src_checktrad...radeid=3510356 -- after Dec 15th, Nene is free to be traded. Deal works.

He's an NBA GM. Odds are he IS that stupid.

Once again, I'm staying neutral on this until something happens.
But King's demands (funny) are for expiring contracts and young talent, not albatross contracts like Nene. Somebody has to want Nene (with an expiring contract, mind you) for the deal to work.

If King trades Iverson for one of the worst contracts in the league then he truly is an idiot.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:23 PM   #77
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
The insider that posts on a few Nugs boards and has nailed every deal that has gone down this summer for the Nugs is now posting a whopper. Nugs are in this thing and in a big way. We're working a three team deal that would send both of our first round picks this year (ours & Dallas') along with three players to Philly to recieve AI and another player (possibly Ollie). The kicker? None of those three players are currently starters -- which means JR Smith and Miller aren't going anywhere in that deal.

Ric Bucher was on ESPNNews and said the Nugs and Indiana are the frontrunners for AI. He said our package is mainly based on Nene.

Not sure how to feel about this one...
As a huge AI fan, anything outside of Carmelo that lands us AI, I'd be pretty stoked for. I mean, I'll have his jersey on day 1. I love the way he plays.

But, I'd be ind of unhappy to see Nene go. I know his contract is huge for somebody who has not done anything in this league, but I think he has a lot of potential to be good. The other night when Camby got tossed, Nene played pretty well I think. I liken Nene to Cutler, in that he's not there yet, but you see little bits and pieces of things to come. I've seen Nene make some great inside moves, and I love his size and strength. Again, his contract was insane, but he could actually pan out.

But if we can get AI here and not give up any starters, that would be pretty cool. The lineup (I assume) would be

Andre
AI
Melo
Najera
Camby

Or if AI was to play point, we could start JR at 2.

That would be pretty damn cool. I'd be making a lot more trips up to Denver to "see the girlfriend" aka see the Nuggs.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:24 PM   #78
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

If King is willing to take on Nene, then there is no reason for him not to send out Iverson for Baron Davis or Mike Bibby. But from the reports I have read, he wants cheap, young labor and expiring contracts so the Sixers can suck this year (right now they are worst team in the league, upping their chances for Greg Oden) and salary cap relief (Webber's 20 million comes off the books next year) so they can be the big players in the 2008 free agent. If King follows that plan, he is a smart man. Anything else, and he is an idiot.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:25 PM   #79
rubaiyat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The insider that posts on a few Nugs boards and has nailed every deal that has gone down this summer for the Nugs is now posting a whopper. Nugs are in this thing and in a big way. We're working a three team deal that would send both of our first round picks this year (ours & Dallas') along with three players to Philly to recieve AI and another player (possibly Ollie). The kicker? None of those three players are currently starters -- which means JR Smith and Miller aren't going anywhere in that deal.

Ric Bucher was on ESPNNews and said the Nugs and Indiana are the frontrunners for AI. He said our package is mainly based on Nene.

Not sure how to feel about this one...

Are those two related? Or is the Nene thing something else?

You'd think the 76er's would be leery of taking on big men with balky knees, and bad contracts. Though Nene at least has a ligament not cartilage damage, and he's 24.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
If we can keep J.R. and get AI and lose Nene and his contract I would be a happy happy fan.

Point of clarification I wasn't trumping for Najera to stay as he is just a role player. I just don't see sending all 3 away when we have lost Chump Martin for the year and try to use a running system. If we can keep Eddie I am all for sending Nene or vice versa. Not getting my hopes up though as this could all blow up last minute like it has before.
Yeah, but that's why I kinda don't want to lose Nene...Camby WILL go down. We need someone to be a Center. I wouldn't have minded Elson honestly.

Last edited by rubaiyat; 12-12-2006 at 10:30 PM..
rubaiyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:27 PM   #80
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
If King is willing to take on Nene, then there is no reason for him not to send out Iverson for Baron Davis or Mike Bibby. But from the reports I have read, he wants cheap, young labor and expiring contracts so the Sixers can suck this year (right now they are worst team in the league, upping their chances for Greg Oden) and salary cap relief (Webber's 20 million comes off the books next year) so they can be the big players in the 2008 free agent. If King follows that plan, he is a smart man. Anything else, and he is an idiot.
Speaking of Baron Davis and the Warriors, it was rumored that Jason Richardson was being dangled for AI.

Now that would be a backcourt, Davis & AI.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:28 PM   #81
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Billy King's main goal right now should be for the sixers to suck ass this season. They are doing a great job of it right now (worst record in the league). If they can land the next big thing (Oden), the franchise is set for the next 10 years. But if King takes back long money and players who can actually help a team win and they end up with the 9th pick of the draft and no salary cap relief, somebody needs to kick his ass.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:30 PM   #82
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Speaking of Baron Davis and the Warriors, it was rumored that Jason Richardson was being dangled for AI.

Now that would be a backcourt, Davis & AI.
See, and if King does that, he is a ****ing idiot. J-Rich just came off knee surgery and is owed 60 million dollars on his contract. The Sixers go from sucking with Iverson and no cap space to sucking with J-Rich and no cap space. Stupidity. Mediocrity forever.

But yea, Davis and Iverson? Whooo. That would be tight.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #83
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Food for thought:

I can't remember who the 76ers play at the SF spot, but I know they play Dalembert at Center. If they had Nene at PF and somebody at least serviceable at SF, that would actually be a hell of a frontcourt. I don't want to talk up Dalembert or Nene and make them better than what they are, but who does the East have for big guys? You can probably count them on your fingers.

Ben Wallace, Jermaine O'Neal, Shaq, Chris Bosh, Iglauskas. And Shaq ain't even really Shaq anymore. Jermaine O'Neal has been hurt, and Ben Wallace doesn't know the meaning of the word offense. I hesitate to add Rasheed to that list. He's good, but he's still mainly a jump shooter from what I've seen.

My point is, you put together some guys with size, with AI2, and you might actually have the makings of a good team. I didn't even add Eddy Curry to that list, because even though he's been playing well lately, it might just be due to lack of talent in the East.

And assume they continue to suck and win the Greg Oden sweepstakes. They can take him and move Dalembert, or stick with Dalembert and move Oden for a good package.

Again, I'm not saying the combo of Nene & Dalembert will set the league on fire, and I'm not trying to make those two guys more than what they are. But in the East, if you get some size you can make a run in that conference.

I guess my point is, I could see why they would potentially want Nene, even with his contract.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot the Manchild Dwight Howard. But my point is, the East still ain't that deep at PF or C.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:38 PM   #84
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

King is under pressure. Word is that Philly wants there hands washed of this. They are adamant about trading AI by tonight. Any semblance of patience goes out the window if they are seriously geared on getting this done. So they might take a lesser package. If they take Joe Smith, Najera, Nene and picks they are just crazy. As picks are so hit or miss and they are getting a huge cumbersome contract in Nene, Joe Smith woohoo, and Eddie Najera. Eddie will be a Philly favorite because of his workman like play but still that is a blow it all up trade for Philly.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:39 PM   #85
rubaiyat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Food for thought:

I can't remember who the 76ers play at the SF spot, but I know they play Dalembert at Center. If they had Nene at PF and somebody at least serviceable at SF, that would actually be a hell of a frontcourt. I don't want to talk up Dalembert or Nene and make them better than what they are, but who does the East have for big guys? You can probably count them on your fingers.

Ben Wallace, Jermaine O'Neal, Shaq, Chris Bosh, Iglauskas. And Shaq ain't even really Shaq anymore. Jermaine O'Neal has been hurt, and Ben Wallace doesn't know the meaning of the word offense. I hesitate to add Rasheed to that list. He's good, but he's still mainly a jump shooter from what I've seen.

My point is, you put together some guys with size, with AI2, and you might actually have the makings of a good team. I didn't even add Eddy Curry to that list, because even though he's been playing well lately, it might just be due to lack of talent in the East.

And assume they continue to suck and win the Greg Oden sweepstakes. They can take him and move Dalembert, or stick with Dalembert and move Oden for a good package.

Again, I'm not saying the combo of Nene & Dalembert will set the league on fire, and I'm not trying to make those two guys more than what they are. But in the East, if you get some size you can make a run in that conference.

I guess my point is, I could see why they would potentially want Nene, even with his contract.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot the Manchild Dwight Howard. But my point is, the East still ain't that deep at PF or C.

Ashton Kucher I think...aka Korver.
rubaiyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:40 PM   #86
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Food for thought:

See, that is where I think you are wrong. Sam Dalembert and Nene would be the most expensive (21 million a year together), suck ass frontcourt in the league. If you go back to your old stomping grounds and make a thread on the RealGM 76ers board about Sam Dalembert, you will realize they all want him gone. Why compound the problem and take another frontcourt young guy who is making too much money and can't really play.

From what I have read, the Sixers are trying to unload Dalemberts contract with AI right now. I seriously doubt they take on a big man who will eventually make 14 million a year who can't rebound.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:41 PM   #87
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I find myself getting excited I know I am going to be dissapointed.

One question, if we get this somehow does Miller and AI start and J.R. come off the bench? That means J.R. is 6th man and Boykins loses time or vice versa. There could be some hurt feelings there. Bah this is getting to far ahead of myself.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:43 PM   #88
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
King is under pressure. Word is that Philly wants there hands washed of this. They are adamant about trading AI by tonight. Any semblance of patience goes out the window if they are seriously geared on getting this done. So they might take a lesser package. If they take Joe Smith, Najera, Nene and picks they are just crazy. As picks are so hit or miss and they are getting a huge cumbersome contract in Nene, Joe Smith woohoo, and Eddie Najera. Eddie will be a Philly favorite because of his workman like play but still that is a blow it all up trade for Philly.
All you nuggets fans dont' get me wrong right now. I'm just hating because I want Iverson on the Celtics. That's it. I'm a hater. If you land Iverson for Nene, I might jump off a roof because I know we have the better offer but since we play in the same division as Philly, they really don't want to deal with us.

AARRGGH. I have wasted my whole day waiting for this trade.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:45 PM   #89
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
See, that is where I think you are wrong. Sam Dalembert and Nene would be the most expensive (21 million a year together), suck ass frontcourt in the league. If you go back to your old stomping grounds and make a thread on the RealGM 76ers board about Sam Dalembert, you will realize they all want him gone. Why compound the problem and take another frontcourt young guy who is making too much money and can't really play.

From what I have read, the Sixers are trying to unload Dalemberts contract with AI right now. I seriously doubt they take on a big man who will eventually make 14 million a year who can't rebound.
hahah @ old stomping grounds. I'm not allowed to have a sig over there because I irritated people.

But I didn't know that 76ers fans (and management for that matter) wanted him gone. I thought he was doing alright, at least a serviceable starter. You see how much I pay attention to the East I guess.

Ah well.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:47 PM   #90
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
I find myself getting excited I know I am going to be dissapointed.

One question, if we get this somehow does Miller and AI start and J.R. come off the bench? That means J.R. is 6th man and Boykins loses time or vice versa. There could be some hurt feelings there. Bah this is getting to far ahead of myself.
If Boykins got buried as the 12th man on the bench, that would only sweeten the deal that much more.

I agree, I'm getting too excited. Disappointment can only follow.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #91
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Quote:
All you nuggets fans dont' get me wrong right now. I'm just hating because I want Iverson on the Celtics. That's it. I'm a hater. If you land Iverson for Nene, I might jump off a roof because I know we have the better offer but since we play in the same division as Philly, they really don't want to deal with us.

Cant be long before they put Kevin Garnett on the market.
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #92
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:

Oh I can see your excitement about this and all. I was just pointing out why King would consider something so one sided. I was watching the post game on Altitude and they are saying they have no clue where he is going and Bill Hanzlik is saying that a straight trade for Tracy McGrady is what he thinks makes most sense. I wonder how much they know on the inside though. Again I am trying to hold back.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #93
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

And you know what really ills me? I think we were all set, ready to trade Al Jefferson for Allen Iverson and the Jefferson busts out a 29 point, 14 rebound and a 3 block game the night of the rumor. WHAT? A 21 year old big man who stands 6'10" and has a back to the basket game? He screwed everything up. Then the next game he comes back with 14 pts, 12 rebounds and 4 block shots. DAMN! Now, nobody wants to trade him. I don't really want to trade him. Before he turned into a beast? Sure, I was willing to part with the guy.

AARRGHHH!!
Old 12-12-2006, 10:51 PM   #94
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Man this is like when we were in the Labron lottery and the NFL fixed it for him to go to Cleveland. I was so dissapointed b/c we ended up coming in 3rd in picking. I just knew Detroit was going to take Melo. Then we got Melo and I was so excited for Nuggs basketball again. This trade can take us to the next level if it pans out. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH! I am getting to excited.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #95
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Oh I can see your excitement about this and all. I was just pointing out why King would consider something so one sided. I was watching the post game on Altitude and they are saying they have no clue where he is going and Bill Hanzlik is saying that a straight trade for Tracy McGrady is what he thinks makes most sense. I wonder how much they know on the inside though. Again I am trying to hold back.
Man, I'm parched from all this hating. I've been hating on every proposed deal that has not included the Celtics since Sunday. Hating takes a lot of damn work!

Iverson for McGrady? I can see that. One SUPERSTAR for another SUPERSTAR. Nothing like a SUPERSTAR for J-Rich or some bull**** like that.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:55 PM   #96
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens1893 View Post
Cant be long before they put Kevin Garnett on the market.
I don't think Mchale trades Garnett to us. He already traded Wally Z to Boston.

If he ended up trading Garnett to Boston, he would have essentially traded his two best players to Boston and we didn't send Paul Pierce back in return.

He can't make that move. That is a career killer.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:55 PM   #97
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

While we're on the topic of McGrady, anybody wonder if he is the next Grant Hill? I hate to say that, but he's currently "out indefinitely" with back spasms, when he was supposed to be 100% fine after resting this past Summer. Will he ever get healthy?
Old 12-12-2006, 10:56 PM   #98
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
And you know what really ills me? I think we were all set, ready to trade Al Jefferson for Allen Iverson and the Jefferson busts out a 29 point, 14 rebound and a 3 block game the night of the rumor. WHAT? A 21 year old big man who stands 6'10" and has a back to the basket game? He screwed everything up. Then the next game he comes back with 14 pts, 12 rebounds and 4 block shots. DAMN! Now, nobody wants to trade him. I don't really want to trade him. Before he turned into a beast? Sure, I was willing to part with the guy.

AARRGHHH!!
From what I've heard from the same source that Nuggs cited earlier, Boston has offered the best package (he didn't name names) but the 76ers are petrified by the idea of trading Iverson to a division rival.

I know, it seems silly to pass up the best deal on the table for that reason, but that appears to be the case.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:58 PM   #99
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
While we're on the topic of McGrady, anybody wonder if he is the next Grant Hill? I hate to say that, but he's currently "out indefinitely" with back spasms, when he was supposed to be 100% fine after resting this past Summer. Will he ever get healthy?
Houston knew what they were getting. McGrady has had back problems for years.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:58 PM   #100
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Man this is like when we were in the Labron lottery and the NFL fixed it for him to go to Cleveland. I was so dissapointed b/c we ended up coming in 3rd in picking. I just knew Detroit was going to take Melo. Then we got Melo and I was so excited for Nuggs basketball again. This trade can take us to the next level if it pans out. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH! I am getting to excited.
Don't do it, dude. I've been excited since Saturday and now I am as bitter as a bride left at the alter. I'm yelling at people for no reason. I haven't showered or shaved in three days. I'm on the edge, man. THE EDGE!!!

Don't let the AI suck you in!!!