The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2006, 09:20 PM   #51
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
950 The Fan reports from a "reliable source" that The Nuggets have offered JR Smith, Nene, and Eduardo Najera.

Im ordering my holiday package right now.
Philly is not taking on Nene's albatross of a contract unless Billy King is on crack.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #52
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master___Pain View Post
Sixers don't have any interest in Boykins do they?

Please
The Sixers have zero interest in taking back long money in a deal for Iverson. So unless a third team is involved, Denver stands a slim chance of landing him.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:25 PM   #53
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer
 
Master___Pain's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Springs
Posts: 4,497

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
The Sixers have zero interest in taking back long money in a deal for Iverson. So unless a third team is involved, Denver stands a slim chance of landing him.
I was being facetious.
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:25 PM   #54
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,992

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

I don't see how Denver could offer any package that doesn't involve Andre Miller. That just doesn't make sense, unless they have a second deal in place.

They wouldn't try to play AI @ SG, would they?
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:29 PM   #55
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
They wouldn't try to play AI @ SG, would they?
Of course not. His latest rift with his head coach started because Cheeks wanted the other AI to bring the ball up the floor instead of him. You think that he's gonna be allright with going somewhere that he's not going to be running the point? No chance.

That rumor is a bunch of bunk.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:30 PM   #56
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 17,278

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
950 The Fan reports from a "reliable source" that The Nuggets have offered JR Smith, Nene, and Eduardo Najera.
Why would they not trade Andre Miller? That doesn't make any sense.

And if they trade JR Smith I'm going to go ballistic. We finally get an outside shooter and we are going to trade them away? A young one at that to play for years next to Melo.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:30 PM   #57
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master___Pain View Post
I was being facetious.
I was actually referring to this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master__Pain
I would hate to trade JR but I could not care less about Nene or Eddie.

Nene may look like Tarzan but he plays like Jane. That contract is atrocious, the nuggs could have had Chris Wilcox with 2/3 of that contract at most.

Eddie being a crowd favorite is great, but Earl Boykins is also a fan favorite. That tells me all I need to know about fan favorites.

That trade would basically be JR for Alen Iverson. You do that trade all day, twice on Sundays.

What I don't like about that trade is the lack of bigman depth. Camby goes down and the Nuggs are uber screwed.
Unless you find a third team to be involved, the Nuggets do not have the right players with the right money to land Iverson.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:38 PM   #58
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer
 
Master___Pain's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Springs
Posts: 4,497

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
I was actually referring to this post:
Then maybe quote that post? Just a thought, not a mind reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
Unless you find a third team to be involved, the Nuggets do not have the right players with the right money to land Iverson.
Right, I acknowledged that Nene's contract sucks in the post you quoted. I was addressing the rumor from a Nuggets fan perspective, nothing more. We all know that AI is not coming to Denver but it's entertaining to talk about, isn't it?
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:42 PM   #59
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master___Pain View Post

I was addressing the rumor from a Nuggets fan perspective, nothing more.
Then put that in your post. I'm not a mind reader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP
We all know that AI is not coming to Denver but it's entertaining to talk about, isn't it?
Right you are. The Nuggs can land him if they find a third team to get involved. Like let's say you ship Nene, Eduardo and Smith for Iverson. All philly has to do is send Nene to Boston (example) for theo Ratliff (expiring contract) and a 1st round pick, and POOOOF! you have a deal. Not that anyone wants Nene, but stranger things have happened.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:47 PM   #60
Jens1893
Ring of Famer
 
Jens1893's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: People´s Republic of Bad Cannstatt
Posts: 9,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
Right you are. The Nuggs can land him if they find a third team to get involved. Like let's say you ship Nene, Eduardo and Smith for Iverson. All philly has to do is send Nene to Boston (example) for theo Ratliff (expiring contract) and a 1st round pick, and POOOOF! you have a deal. Not that anyone wants Nene, but stranger things have happened.
Wouldnt you run riot if the Celtics traded away their first round pick?
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:47 PM   #61
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
Of course not. His latest rift with his head coach started because Cheeks wanted the other AI to bring the ball up the floor instead of him. You think that he's gonna be allright with going somewhere that he's not going to be running the point? No chance.

That rumor is a bunch of bunk.
Eric Snow ran the point for years when he played with Iverson. It's a non-issue.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:47 PM   #62
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer
 
Master___Pain's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Springs
Posts: 4,497

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
Then put that in your post. I'm not a mind reader!
Even you know I'm a Nuggs fan you crazy tarot card reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
Right you are. The Nuggs can land him if they find a third team to get involved. Like let's say you ship Nene, Eduardo and Smith for Iverson. All philly has to do is send Nene to Boston (example) for theo Ratliff (expiring contract) and a 1st round pick, and POOOOF! you have a deal. Not that anyone wants Nene, but stranger things have happened.
Stranger things like locking up two p***Y footed bigmen for well over 100m? They sure have.
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:50 PM   #63
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens1893 View Post
Wouldnt you run riot if the Celtics traded away their first round pick?
If they traded Theo Ratliff and 1st for Nene, I would slit my wrists.

But to answer your question, no, I wouldn't mind seeing the C's trade a first away. We have 10 guys 24 or younger on the team. The only reason we have that many is to make a deal like this. When a superstar gets mad (happens every year) and the team is no longer in the playoff hunt, they look for expiring contracts and young talent. That is why everybody mentions Boston as a potential location for every disgruntled player in the league right now. We have more chips to play with than any team in the league. Eventually we are going to cash them in. When? I have no idea.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:55 PM   #64
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
Eric Snow ran the point for years when he played with Iverson. It's a non-issue.
Then why exactly did Iverson blow a fuse over Cheeks insistance that AI2 bring the ball up the floor?

He's not going anywhere to be two.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:55 PM   #65
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard
 
Nuggets4's Avatar
 
Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson
Default

The insider that posts on a few Nugs boards and has nailed every deal that has gone down this summer for the Nugs is now posting a whopper. Nugs are in this thing and in a big way. We're working a three team deal that would send both of our first round picks this year (ours & Dallas') along with three players to Philly to recieve AI and another player (possibly Ollie). The kicker? None of those three players are currently starters -- which means JR Smith and Miller aren't going anywhere in that deal.

Ric Bucher was on ESPNNews and said the Nugs and Indiana are the frontrunners for AI. He said our package is mainly based on Nene.

Not sure how to feel about this one...
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:57 PM   #66
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4 View Post
The insider that posts on a few Nugs boards and has nailed every deal that has gone down this summer for the Nugs is now posting a whopper. Nugs are in this thing and in a big way. We're working a three team deal that would send both of our first round picks this year (ours & Dallas') along with three players to Philly to recieve AI and another player (possibly Ollie). The kicker? None of those three players are currently starters -- which means JR Smith and Miller aren't going anywhere in that deal.

Ric Bucher was on ESPNNews and said the Nugs and Indiana are the frontrunners for AI. He said our package is mainly based on Nene.

Not sure how to feel about this one...
If they can get him without giving up JR Smith, I'm all for it.

But again, I'm not believing anything until it actually happens. The Nuggets have "come close" to making a big deal so many times only for it to never actually materialize.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:59 PM   #67
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
Then why exactly did Iverson blow a fuse over Cheeks insistance that AI2 bring the ball up the floor?

He's not going anywhere to be two.
Maybe because AI2 is not a PG? I have no idea. And where exactly are you getting this story from? I haven't heard anything about it.

Once again, if Iverson played the two for nearly five years, I don't see the problem with him doing it now. Its not like he has demanded to play the point his whole career, obviously.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:00 PM   #68
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4 View Post
The insider that posts on a few Nugs boards and has nailed every deal that has gone down this summer for the Nugs is now posting a whopper. Nugs are in this thing and in a big way. We're working a three team deal that would send both of our first round picks this year (ours & Dallas') along with three players to Philly to recieve AI and another player (possibly Ollie). The kicker? None of those three players are currently starters -- which means JR Smith and Miller aren't going anywhere in that deal.

Ric Bucher was on ESPNNews and said the Nugs and Indiana are the frontrunners for AI. He said our package is mainly based on Nene.

Not sure how to feel about this one...
If we can keep J.R. and get AI and lose Nene and his contract I would be a happy happy fan.

Point of clarification I wasn't trumping for Najera to stay as he is just a role player. I just don't see sending all 3 away when we have lost Chump Martin for the year and try to use a running system. If we can keep Eddie I am all for sending Nene or vice versa. Not getting my hopes up though as this could all blow up last minute like it has before.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:02 PM   #69
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

I do think that the way we had the front office set up last year. With Kiki being a figure head and any trade or move he wanted to make had to go through Stans confidant is what killed any big trade. Now there is less of a hierarchy so maybe things can get done. Still not holding my breath.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:03 PM   #70
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4 View Post
Nugs are in this thing and in a big way. We're working a three team deal that would send both of our first round picks this year (ours & Dallas') along with three players to Philly to recieve AI and another player (possibly Ollie). The kicker? None of those three players are currently starters -- which means JR Smith and Miller aren't going anywhere in that deal.
That doesn't work money wise. You dont' have three guys on your bench + 2first round picks that equal Iverson's 17.3 million salary + Ollie's 3.2 million (or within 15% of it).
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:05 PM   #71
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,274

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

TJ needs to find his own Estrat to post here
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:06 PM   #72
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

For a three way to work, Denver has to send equal money (or within 15% of it) to Philly for said players. From there, a third team can get involved. So unless the money works from the beginning, there is no deal.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:11 PM   #73
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
That doesn't work money wise. You dont' have three guys on your bench + 2first round picks that equal Iverson's 17.3 million salary + Ollie's 3.2 million (or within 15% of it).
Let me clarify, unless somebody wants to take on Reggie Evans atrocious contract, then you do not have three guys + two firsts that equal Iverson+Ollie. But Billy King is an idiot, so I don't know.

Also when you consider that Dallas and Denver are both going to be picking at the end of the first round, its makes the compensation for the proposed two first round picks even worse. Tell me Billy King isn't that stupid.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:17 PM   #74
Jens1893
Ring of Famer
 
Jens1893's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: People´s Republic of Bad Cannstatt
Posts: 9,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
That doesn't work money wise. You dont' have three guys on your bench + 2first round picks that equal Iverson's 17.3 million salary + Ollie's 3.2 million (or within 15% of it).
Joe Smith 6.8
Najera 4.5
Nene 8
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:17 PM   #75
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard
 
Nuggets4's Avatar
 
Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
Let me clarify, unless somebody wants to take on Reggie Evans atrocious contract, then you do not have three guys + two firsts that equal Iverson+Ollie. But Billy King is an idiot, so I don't know.
http://www2.realgm.com/src_checktrad...radeid=3510356 -- after Dec 15th, Nene is free to be traded. Deal works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
Also when you consider that Dallas and Denver are both going to be picking at the end of the first round, its makes the compensation for the proposed two first round picks even worse. Tell me Billy King isn't that stupid.
He's an NBA GM. Odds are he IS that stupid.

Once again, I'm staying neutral on this until something happens.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:48 PM.


Denver Broncos