The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2006, 12:05 PM   #501
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
Beware the penguins
Doo be doo be doo...

Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:35 PM   #502
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

lol -

my team has some weakness that i won't deny - and crosby is figuring out how to own the game. Once malkin gets that down - we will be a bit more dangerous.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:42 AM   #503
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

5,140 at the St. Louis game tonight...In all fairness it was 30 degrees with rain, sleet and snow flurries. Not exactly the weather you want to pile the family into the car and drive to downtown in but still must be crappy to play in front of a crowd like that in the NHL.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:48 AM   #504
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

This is funny but who says good luck before a fight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zNUTSTRnz8
Old 12-01-2006, 05:10 AM   #505
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Penguins are in Eastern league. Very few here arent worried except the Capital fans. We already had Penguins and they were tasty. BTW: Another tasty victory on the road for the Ducks. Giguere 1 goal 23 shots
Getzlap again with winning goal.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 05:15 AM   #506
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
This is funny but who says good luck before a fight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zNUTSTRnz8
I think that was a way of saying, " we're brawling!" BTW: What is up with losing to Phoenix last two times. I thought they were the worst in our division. I guess i was wrong.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:29 PM   #507
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn;13http://www.orangemane.com/BB/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=138114381143
I think that was a way of saying, " we're brawling!" BTW: What is up with losing to Phoenix last two times. I thought they were the worst in our division. I guess i was wrong.
Were like Jerkyll and Hyde right now, we just beat the Devils and should have won our third straight game but...
I tell you what's wrong....Cloutier. Hate to say it but Bronx33 was right but I was hoping he would pan out. Now we have serious goalie problems and Garon is injured which means beachball will start a few games, we just called up Brust from the AHL and NOT Labarbera because of the re-entry waivers. I do like what Im seeing from the kids though this year ala Frolov, Brown, Cammalleri, and Kopitar. I suspect we will get more prospects at the trading deadline and we have Boyle and Jack Johnson for the future, I should reiterate that there is NO expectations from the Kings this year.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:33 PM   #508
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Penguins are in Eastern league. Very few here arent worried except the Capital fans. We already had Penguins and they were tasty. BTW: Another tasty victory on the road for the Ducks. Giguere 1 goal 23 shots
I don't think the pens can beat the sens or sabers come playoff time. But beyond that i don't think there is a team in the east my pens couldn't give a headache to.

now they need some more help on W and on the blueline - but really - we don't have as complete a team as alot of other teams. We are relying on 'star power'.

Guys like Eaton (FU Cheechoooooo, i guess this is karma for eric cole) - D. Moore, etc - have really helped - but next year, year after is when the pens make some noise.

Malkin will not be a rook, and neither will Staal - if we can upgrade a few W positions and a few D holes, the pens are a cup contender IMO.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 05:57 PM   #509
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Guess who this is...
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #510
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post

Guess who this is...
Artie Lange?
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:48 PM   #511
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
Artie Lange?

Close but no....

Old 12-01-2006, 09:16 PM   #512
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Tocchet update

To tell ya the truth i totally forgot about this....

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Hoc...76096-sun.html

A year of whispering, waiting and speculation is about to get very noisy and troubling for Rick Tocchet.

The twisted walls of justice are closing in on him with the prognosis for his future being anything but encouraging.

Tocchet is all but certain to be hauled before a New Jersey grand jury, with his alleged partners in a major league gambling ring ready to sing a tune on him he doesn't want to hear.

Three men were charged last February with taking in more than 1,000 wagers totalling $1.7 million US on professional sporting events over a six-week period culminating with this year's Super Bowl game.

Two of the men have now cut deals -- and part of their plea agreements have come with the clear understanding they will point their fingers squarely at the celebrity name who remains on leave and supposedly under investigation by the National Hockey League.

The state trooper, James Harney, has already agreed to do seven years in prison for his part in the gambling ring. He will testify against Tocchet.

The third man charged, James Ulmer, will plead guilty today in a New Jersey court and part of his agreement he will spend upwards of one year behind bars. He will turn evidence on Tocchet.

That leaves the former hockey star from Scarborough in the unfortunate position of last man standing.

"It's bad news, the question is how bad is it?" legal analyst Rob Becker told Prime Time Sports on the Fan590 last night. "You have to wonder what happens next...

I wouldn't want to be Rick Tocchet."

If the dirty cop Harney has agreed to a sentence as lengthy as seven years, the question is, what offer, if any, awaits Tocchet? And how much time will he be looked upon to serve if he is found guilty for money laundering or any of the other crimes he is charged with.

"This isn't good for him (Tocchet)," Becker said. "It looks like they're going after the famous guy."

Or in the case of basically any hockey player in the United States not named Gretzky, the almost famous guy. And in this case, identified as the Gretzky associate, working for The Great One in Phoenix, allegedly handling bets from Mrs. Great One.

This can't be considered good news of any kind for the NHL, which is apparently are investigated Tocchet themselves but have never progressed very far, choosing to stay away from interfering with the legal process.

But the name Gretzky is certain to come up if this case does proceed to grand jury as expected. In fact, Janet Gretzky, according to New Jersey authorities, will be subpoenaed to testify before the grand jury if the case goes that far.

Names undoubtedly will be named. Names we know. Who booked the bets? Who placed the bets? What sport was bet on? What amounts?

A little black book of dirty little secrets is almost certain to be revealed before an audience that won't be tantalized by the exposure that most Canadian hockey watchers will.

The first real target of the investigation was Harney, the former State Trooper. But when he cooperated and agreed to seven years and Ulmer cooperated and will agree today to his plea, that pushed the apparently uncooperative Tocchet into a place with little room for negotiation.

Assuming the case proceeds as anticipated, this could end up as lose-lose situation for the former assistant coach, for the league, for anyone who happens to be named under oath. After the original charges were laid just prior to the Olympic Games in Turin, newspaper leaks and speculation was rampant, seemingly poisoning the State's case. Then everything went silent: Nobody said anything for months. Some speculated the case against Tocchet would be dropped. Some believed that because the State hadn't gone forward against Tocchet, it had no clear cut evidence.

That doesn't seem possible anymore.

"You have to wonder," Becker said, "what happens next."
Old 12-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #513
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

from Eklund

With Leopold Back....

Today @ 12:54 PM ET | Comments (25)

Everyone is speculating that the Avs will move a d-man...I am hearing that it may not be who everyone is speculating about...from my souces, I am hearing that the Avs feel they are still very much in this thing and are looking to get something substantial. Moving a Klee will not bring you a top two line forward. Liles will. Remember this is the team that moved a top guy Tanguay to get Leopold.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:31 PM   #514
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Why would the Caps be worried about the Pens? The majority of Caps fans don't care what happen's in their 2nd year of rebuilding.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:29 PM   #515
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Ovechkin strips Afinogenov, makes the defenseman look silly as he blows past him and scores. Just an amazing individual effort from coast to coast.

Add that one to the highlight reel.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:47 PM   #516
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Miller got pulled after that. 4-1 Caps now, still in the 1st.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:22 PM   #517
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Wow, Ovechkin tossed for boarding after a nasty hit from behind on Briere.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:25 PM   #518
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lnw3bou2NA

Video of the hit. Ovechkin was not going full speed when he hit Briere.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:05 AM   #519
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Wow. The Sabres were pretty pissed, I'd say.

Did anyone else happen to notice when they showed the scrum behind the net, someone tried to kick the guy that was down on the ice? That can't be good.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:09 AM   #520
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Why did Theodore get pulled after the 1st period tonight. I was flipping between the Nugs, the football games, and the Avs and never heard why.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:12 AM   #521
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Ok, I looked again. Maybe he was just losing his footing.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:37 AM   #522
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Why did Theodore get pulled after the 1st period tonight. I was flipping between the Nugs, the football games, and the Avs and never heard why.
They said it was a hip injury.

While we're talking about injuries, it appears that the Oilers will be without Ryan Smyth for 4-6 weeks. He fractured his thumb in the game against Columbus tonight.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:29 PM   #523
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post

While we're talking about injuries, it appears that the Oilers will be without Ryan Smyth for 4-6 weeks. He fractured his thumb in the game against Columbus tonight.

Jezzzzz first hemsky and now smyth....
Old 12-03-2006, 04:45 PM   #524
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post

Was there any retribution by the Oilers the other night...for Liles' hit on Smyth in their previous game?
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:20 AM   #525
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Why would the Caps be worried about the Pens? The majority of Caps fans don't care what happen's in their 2nd year of rebuilding.

The point was that there are a couple of Caps fans here at the mane. Caps would worry about a team in their own conference than fans here that root for Ducks, Kings, Avs, Wings ie. Western Conference.