The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2006, 11:29 PM   #1
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default So Did Bob Knight Punch A Kid, Or Is This Overblown?

I think it's a tad overblown.

Obviously, you shouldn't make it a habit of putting your hands on the players at all, but a lot of people are making it sound like Knight socked the guy or something, and on the replay, it didn't look like that, to me at least.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2006, 07:52 PM   #2
Jori
US Olympian

As far as I'm concerned, it was much ado about nothing. I can't believe how much attention this story received. I've seen love taps look worse then that.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:35 PM   #3
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

I didn't see it, but it sounds like nothing.

I have no sympathy for Knight, though. He's earned the hyper-scrutiny by being a giant a-hole throughout his entire professional life.

Honestly, I don't think any of Knight's players, or their parents, have a right to complain about anything he does. Everybody knows what he's all about. If you don't want to be pushed, hit, slapped, spat upon, or berated in the most vulgar mannar possible, don't sign a letter of intent to play for the guy.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:54 PM   #4
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post
I didn't see it, but it sounds like nothing.

I have no sympathy for Knight, though. He's earned the hyper-scrutiny by being a giant a-hole throughout his entire professional life.

Honestly, I don't think any of Knight's players, or their parents, have a right to complain about anything he does. Everybody knows what he's all about. If you don't want to be pushed, hit, slapped, spat upon, or berated in the most vulgar mannar possible, don't sign a letter of intent to play for the guy.
Amen Slap.
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:19 PM   #5
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

A couple of years back, they showed VIDEO of Knight choking one of his players during practice and the incident didn't even get as much as 2 minute sportscenter spot.

But Latrell Spreewell getting into with it PJ Carliesimo (no video) , well gosh darn it, that was headline news for a year. Interesting.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote