The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2006, 07:14 AM   #301
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
I've never seen a more accurate QB or a QB that is better at reading D's. He has the same title now as Elway had early is that he can't win the big one. Manning has several years ahead of him to try and win won and as much as I want him to break every passing record known to man and never even reach the SB, I think he will win one at some point or another.
Tom Brady is three times the QB that Payaton is, and he's got the jewelry to prove it.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:17 AM   #302
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaColtsfan View Post
hmmm so that KC win was a figment of my imagination?
Okay, I forgot about that one. But it was similar to this game, too. A narrow win over a terrible defensive performance. Peyton's been perfecting this for almost a DECADE so I EXPECT him to have games like this at times. Let's see...continuity at the wideout position, continuity at the O line position...Edge leaving may still be a factor down the road. And like that team that played a defenseless KC, they CAN'T STOP ANYBODY.

The only thing this proves is that the broncos, as I said before, are a bad matchup for the Colts. Against the Patriots, Chargers, Steelers, Jaguars and yes, Titans, they are just another very good team in the mix. All of these teams have held the mighty-master-of-perfection-and-all-things-exalted to 14 points or less more than once.

People act like Manning suddenly got good Sunday. So a perfect game in the regular season is the ticket to the hall of fame? He had one perfect game with ideal conditions and everything went well. Sharp yes, but NO ONE GOT NEAR HIM. Same thing with Brady in the Monday night game. Cripes, did Minnesota have Denver's defensive game plan? Just think talent and athleticsm is enough to stop a top qb without a pass rush? Bah, I don't like it...

A lotta sweaty mancrush is going on around here. I think a pic is in order.

Last edited by Circle Orange; 10-31-2006 at 07:21 AM..
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:26 AM   #303
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I disagree. From my understanding, our defense actually did make adjustments, and Manning reacted to those adjustments to the benefit of his team.

As far as worshipping a Marino clone, Marino wasn't half bad himself. I think Manning deserves the respect he gets. He's easily the best quarterback in the league today.
According to this AM's Post, Coyer made no adjustments at the half, or throughout the rest of the game. After holding the Colts to 6 in the first half, he didn't feel that he needed to make adjustments. Even when Manning got into a groove in the second half, no adjustments were made, no extra blitzer was added. Ekuban's quote was, "The coaches make calls, the players execute. We didn't do a good job of executing the plays to the best of our ability. I never blame coaches."

There were no blitzes. Those who saw them were imagining something that didn't happen. There were no adjustments. The DBs played off the WRs 5yards the entire game.

The idea that Manning is "easily" the best QB in the league today is absolute . How many rings does he have? How would Manning play if Harrison, Wayne & Clark were gone? It happened to Tom Brady. He's still winning.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 10-31-2006 at 07:29 AM..
Old 10-31-2006, 07:30 AM   #304
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkazar View Post
I'm just saying that based on the first half of the game, we should have won the game, but the atmosphere on this thread is that Peyton is a GOD and it was inevitable that we lose. I call BS. He is a very good QB, but our lack of a defense in the second half is what lost the game, not the shining aura of Peyton.
What's that I smell? Is that sanity?
Old 10-31-2006, 07:35 AM   #305
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
no kidding

besides

give me Brady any day of the week over Payaton, at least brady doesn't ****e down his leg when people actually put pressure on him

This thread is completely worthless, it makes it seem as if Payaton is a god and we all need to realize that beating him is unatainable
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:38 AM   #306
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

I looked upon the field, beholding the dazzling countenance of he that is all things shining in the NFL...

and I was awed, humbled. Never having seen the like, I attempted to get closer in order to see.

But the fire of his essence scorched me. So much brilliance, my mortal shell was overwhelmed.

And so I returned to the land of men and masses, content with my place in the scheme of the universe. My brethren and I gathered at the glen later to make sacrifice to Peiton Manling. Hopefully he will be pleased and find us worthy. The fields are dry, our farms barren. Five pigs will be tossed into the volcano at midnight.

Last edited by Circle Orange; 10-31-2006 at 07:41 AM..
Old 10-31-2006, 07:50 AM   #307
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

And for those who are claiming that other Bronco fans on this site are, let's see now, what has been the name calling - "idiots," "chicken littles," why don't we throw in "cut and run?" - try to get your head out of that warm, dark place. I don't hear anybody on this thread saying the season is over, the Broncos are history, or any of the other claims that some have used (although the reality is that by losing that game the Broncos have lost a few games in the home field advantage race). I know it's the political season, but that's no reason to take what fellow Bronco fans say and try and twist it into something else. The only complaint I hear on this thread is that the ONLY reason the Broncos lost that game is because the D didn't play well - as they have admitted to a man, Coyer effed it up, the Colts were lucky to walk out of our house with a three point victory, and that there is no need to post some knob slobber thread for Payaton.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 10-31-2006 at 07:54 AM..
Old 10-31-2006, 09:08 AM   #308
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
There were no blitzes. Those who saw them were imagining something that didn't happen. There were no adjustments. The DBs played off the WRs 5yards the entire game.

Watch the game again. There were blitzes. Manning shredded them.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:36 AM   #309
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

Quote:
I've never seen a more accurate QB or a QB that is better at reading D's. He has the same title now as Elway had early is that he can't win the big one. Manning has several years ahead of him to try and win won and as much as I want him to break every passing record known to man and never even reach the SB, I think he will win one at some point or another.
*sigh*

Again, what 'big one'? Peyton has to GET to the freaking bowl in order to win it. And isn't this Manning's TENTH season? And it's interesting he consulted Elway on this matter, but you can't choreograph a career. It's the same argument people used with Marino. He went his rookie season, so SURELY he had plenty of time to get back and win one.
Right.

It's all John's fault...he started this crap. Now every qb that's played a long time without winning a super bowl thinks they can go out in a blaze of glory. But ain't none of 'em seven, and players aren't interchangeable. Vinne Freaking Testeverde even said he hung around after seeing how John went out. To some degree Favre, also. It's raydickulus.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:44 AM   #310
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle Orange View Post
*sigh*

Again, what 'big one'? Peyton has to GET to the freaking bowl in order to win it. And isn't this Manning's TENTH season? And it's interesting he consulted Elway on this matter, but you can't choreograph a career. It's the same argument people used with Marino. He went his rookie season, so SURELY he had plenty of time to get back and win one.
Right.
No, it's now Manning's NINTH season.....drafted in 1998.

And Marino went to the dance in his 2nd season....1984 season. He almost went again the next year (1985), but the Pats "squished the Fish" in Miami, winning 3 road games to get to the dance, only to get blown out by 'da Bears.

Sorry, just being anal.....
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:53 AM   #311
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

It's okay, Pay-a-ton is just SWEEET and makes everyone crazy.

Pay-a-ton is the hottest, sexiest thing that ever walked. Hotter than tea, sweeter than honey. Sexier than chocolate on a bun. No man was ever more blessed. Estrogen practically explodes around him, and its said he even 'turns' the testosterone, too! It's a miracle he can walk the streets and not get attacked. Everytime I SEE him I just want to jump his bones and have my way. During the game I wanted to shred his uniform off just to get started. I even saw the referees slobbering on the sidelines.

Meanwhile, we can always sacrifice more goats and chickens to the football gods. This thing's gotta turn around sooner or later. And all hype aside, the Colts barely squeaked out a win. You'd think it was a 61-7 blowout or something.

And has anyone noticed Jake quietly under the radar this week
Old 10-31-2006, 11:51 AM   #312
CaColtsfan
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle Orange View Post
Okay, I forgot about that one. But it was similar to this game, too. A narrow win over a terrible defensive performance. Peyton's been perfecting this for almost a DECADE so I EXPECT him to have games like this at times. Let's see...continuity at the wideout position, continuity at the O line position...Edge leaving may still be a factor down the road. And like that team that played a defenseless KC, they CAN'T STOP ANYBODY.

The only thing this proves is that the broncos, as I said before, are a bad matchup for the Colts. Against the Patriots, Chargers, Steelers, Jaguars and yes, Titans, they are just another very good team in the mix. All of these teams have held the mighty-master-of-perfection-and-all-things-exalted to 14 points or less more than once.

People act like Manning suddenly got good Sunday. So a perfect game in the regular season is the ticket to the hall of fame? He had one perfect game with ideal conditions and everything went well. Sharp yes, but NO ONE GOT NEAR HIM. Same thing with Brady in the Monday night game. Cripes, did Minnesota have Denver's defensive game plan? Just think talent and athleticsm is enough to stop a top qb without a pass rush? Bah, I don't like it...

A lotta sweaty mancrush is going on around here. I think a pic is in order.
I understand...the game on Sunday to me was pretty run of the mill cuz I watch the guy every week.
The Colts deserve every bit of criticsim til the make it and win the SB.
I don't think it is fair to lay it all at Mannings feet though. It takes every one to win it all and seeing them fall short every postseason is frustrating to say the least.
To me Peyton had a better than average day but he needed to it in order to keep up with you guys to win the game.
Flashbacks of 2003-2004 Colts defense is what I see out on the field.
No way can this team as it is right now win in the playoffs...we have seen it before.
I just hope they get it straightened out.

I agree the Broncos do not match up well just like the Pats don't match up to you...and for humors sake The Jags get owned by the Texans the majority of the time...
Or us to the Pats ...which is why we will most likely lose this weekend, I will be shocked if we win.
CaColtsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:05 PM   #313
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
What kind of bullshiat is this?

According to even you Popps, the biggest problem we have and the best way to stop Peyton is to have a front four that sacks the QB well.

This defense certainly isn't built that way, yes, even according to you.
Right, the front office has missed the boat.

Shanahan has not gotten the proper talent up front. He's chosen to go nutty with CBs and secondary help, thinking he could stop manning with enough talent in the secondary.

He's poo-poo'd the D-line, and the results aren't surprising. We can't play the pass in big games.

So, I'm not sure what you're confused about.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:29 PM   #314
PLOWHORSE
Who wants LOBSTER!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Is FONECO taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post

Shanahan has not gotten the proper talent up front. He's chosen to go nutty with CBs and secondary help, thinking he could stop manning with enough talent in the secondary.

He's poo-poo'd the D-line, and the results aren't surprising. We can't play the pass in big games.

Agreed- The 3 DBs picked in the draft a couple years ago, you'd think at least one of those coulda been a DT/DE instead! Heck!!! We took freaking Clarett in the late 3rd round instead of one!! I'm getting madder as I type this!!!
PLOWHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:56 PM   #315
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:

~So if the Broncos haven't built the DLine then how do you assert that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps
That said, the entire organization and everyone in the free press will tell you that this defense was constructed over the past three years almost solely with the idea of stopping this exact thing in mind.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:56 PM   #316
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Tom Brady is three times the QB that Payaton is, and he's got the jewelry to prove it.
Where did I say I thought Manning was better than Brady Football is a complete team sport and one guy even ELWAY can't win it all. Manning is a great QB regardless of the morons that rip on him and the only thing they can say is he hasn't won the big one. Your right but he is still a great QB. Was marino a great QB Who was better Montana or Young To say Manning isn't a great QB means you don't watch much football.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:06 PM   #317
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Quote:
From me NAH! Couldn't be!
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:39 PM   #318
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Exactly. It's not like yesterday was a coming out party for Manning. We just made it particularly easy for him... easier than average.

We've built this defense up for three years for this game, and in the end... the Titans allowed less points to the Colts than we did. (That's with the Titan offense only scoring twice in the game.)

I mean, people can get all doe eyed over Manning if they want. Whatever works for you. To me, that's like watching a car run over your dog... and then standing above your dead dog saying, "gee, nice car."
Laugh? I thought I'd die.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:42 PM   #319
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Why don't you continue to whine about the defense that got us 5 wins so far this season.
...as opposed to b****ing about the one that gave up almost 5TD's in one game?
Old 10-31-2006, 05:44 PM   #320
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I guess it just depends on whether you see the glass as half empty or half full on our defense.

I see a good defense who got beat by a great quarterback. Others see a bad defense who got beat by a guy who can't hold Tom Brady's jock.

In any case, I've got respect for Manning for the mastery he showed on the field against a historic defense who has carried this team on their backs to 5 wins. Anyone who can have that kind of game against this defense deserves a tip of the hat.

Our defense will be back to being stingy on the field. Here's hoping our offense continues to do their part.

Last edited by Taco John; 10-31-2006 at 05:50 PM..
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:00 PM   #321
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Just like last year right? oh wait............
you must have missed the part about teams having a good to great front 7 being the only thing that stops Manning. Pittsburgh and NE had good front 7's in the past few seasons....we don't. Our best pass rushing DE in years (Berry) left as a FA 3 years ago.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:10 PM   #322
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Where did I say I thought Manning was better than Brady Football is a complete team sport and one guy even ELWAY can't win it all. Manning is a great QB regardless of the morons that rip on him and the only thing they can say is he hasn't won the big one. Your right but he is still a great QB. Was marino a great QB Who was better Montana or Young To say Manning isn't a great QB means you don't watch much football.
Manning is a skillful QB, but not a champion. IMO, he'll never be a champion. Any guy who calls out his Oline after blowing a game CAN never be a champion. I'll bet I've seen a hell of a lot more football than you, cupcake.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:13 PM   #323
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Manning is a skillful QB, but not a champion. IMO, he'll never be a champion. Any guy who calls out his Oline after blowing a game CAN never be a champion. I'll bet I've seen a hell of a lot more football than you, cupcake.
I hope you are right but that is a statement you just throw out there hoping it is true. I remember the same crap being said about Elway repeatedly.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:15 PM   #324
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Manning is a great QB. I don't think there is a better student of the game anywhere else that is PLAYING right now. He reads defenses masterfully. He knows where the weaknesses are and he takes advantage of them. And he doesn't make many mistakes. He also has a great arm...give him 4 seconds to throw and he will eat up any defense.

When he hangs up the cleats he will make a great offensive coordinator.... Maybe even a head coach. So, basically, you are playing a genius level, physically talented, on-the-field Offensive Coordinator-Quarterback.

Manning beat our defense ...mainly D Will...cause that is where the weakness was. I think he had an above average game....for him.
So our defense IS better. He had to go to .02 of the fourth to seal the win.

The last few times it was over at half time.

I hate him...but I hate him because he plays against us and makes us look bad....not because he is over-rated. He also plays on a team that has had a poor defense for most of his career. Last year Indy had all three phases, and ran into a HOT Pitt team on a roll. It may be fate...but I wouldn't count him out as a super bowl winner eventually.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:15 PM   #325
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I hope you are right but that is a statement you just throw out there hoping it is true. I remember the same crap being said about Elway repeatedly.
Win or lose, Elway had class. Always. Manning is a no class primadonna.