The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #251
Sassy
Ring of Famer
 
Sassy's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: ND
Posts: 37,667

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Is this a freakin' Colts board?
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:34 PM   #252
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkazar View Post
I just can't agree that it wasn't our D. I constantly saw poor to sh*tty tackling through our the game and out vaunted front four couldn't get any pressure on Manning at all. If there were adjustments made, I couldn't see them and neither, apparently, could anyone else.


There were some adjustments made. Coyer tried to bring the blitz but Manning would just audible into something else. I wanted us to Blitz more but im not sure that would have solved anything. Thats what sets Manning apart from a lot of Qb's. He does his homework and studies a lot of film. And with all the media hype regarding what we have done on the defensive end you know Manning wanted to come out and face the challenge which he executed to perfection.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:34 PM   #253
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,783

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Peyton is unbeatable...


When he has 5min to stand in the pocket@#$@%
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:39 PM   #254
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

We did blitz. And we got burnt on just about every one of them. Why? Because Peyton Manning adjusted to our adjustments. We don't have a great pass rush, especially when we've got our big dog sitting on the bench with an injury, instead of in there tying up blockers. We blitzed, Peyton reacted, they won.

They're not unbeatable by a long shot.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:51 PM   #255
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
We did blitz. And we got burnt on just about every one of them. Why? Because Peyton Manning adjusted to our adjustments. We don't have a great pass rush, especially when we've got our big dog sitting on the bench with an injury, instead of in there tying up blockers. We blitzed, Peyton reacted, they won.

They're not unbeatable by a long shot.
Yeah. If you blitz Manning...you'd better get there in a hurry. I do not care for the guy one bit, but there is no denying that he is a superb quarterback.

The tone of the 'Mane today makes you think that they lost to the Fade by 40...but in reality they lost to one of the elite teams in the league by a last second field goal...kicked by an all time clutch kicker. It happens.

The Donks can roll with the Colts. They've got to move on from this one, and take care of the Steelers, and so on. If they handle their business they'll most likely get a chance to beat the Colts, and exorcise some of their playoff demons as well.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:52 PM   #256
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
Is this a freakin' Colts board?
No, it's a Peyton Manning fan club.

Haven't you heard? He's AWESOME!!!!!



Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:06 PM   #257
Alkazar
NPN Mascott
 
Alkazar's Avatar
 
Bronco's Thunder

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander
Default

I'm just saying that based on the first half of the game, we should have won the game, but the atmosphere on this thread is that Peyton is a GOD and it was inevitable that we lose. I call BS. He is a very good QB, but our lack of a defense in the second half is what lost the game, not the shining aura of Peyton.
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:13 PM   #258
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkazar View Post
I'm just saying that based on the first half of the game, we should have won the game, but the atmosphere on this thread is that Peyton is a GOD and it was inevitable that we lose. I call BS. He is a very good QB, but our lack of a defense in the second half is what lost the game, not the shining aura of Peyton.

It's a pattern you can follow back to the first Indy loss a few years back. Only this time, our offense fought through the defensive collapse and gave us back a lead or tie three different times in the 2nd half, only to have our defense piss it away.

Remember all that garbage about how our defense's playoff collapses were everyone's fault but their own? Well, as if that ever had any shred of truth... we can finally put that one to bed, as even the most severely football challenged around here have no choice but to pin that loss where it belongs.

If Jay Cutler starts for his next week, we'll have the same lack of personnel.

The season isn't over, we just failed our first big test. This was the one circled on the calendar... the game where the D proved that three years of money, draft picks and signings paid off.

Well, back to the drawing board.

The season isn't over, though. We DID play without Warren, and he might have made enough difference. I have some doubts, because it's not a run stuffer we needed yesterday (though it wouldn't have hurt) ... it's a guy who can bust Manning in the mouth on every play. (Sorry, I know he's your boy, Taco.)
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:13 PM   #259
-Slap-
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 31,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
The tone of the 'Mane today makes you think that they lost to the Fade by 40...but in reality they lost to one of the elite teams in the league by a last second field goal...kicked by an all time clutch kicker. It happens.
Not to mention we lost our best D lineman and arguably our best O linemen the week before we had to play them. People would rather harp on the negative and massage their own egos.

C'est le vie.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:14 PM   #260
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkazar View Post
I'm just saying that based on the first half of the game, we should have won the game, but the atmosphere on this thread is that Peyton is a GOD and it was inevitable that we lose. I call BS. He is a very good QB, but our lack of a defense in the second half is what lost the game, not the shining aura of Peyton.


And all I'm saying is that he shredded the adjustments that we did make, because he's the best quarterback in the game. We have a good defense, and would be 0-7 right now if it weren't for them. Losing by 3 points to the Colts is hardly the end of our season.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:15 PM   #261
troya900
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
We did blitz. And we got burnt on just about every one of them. Why? Because Peyton Manning adjusted to our adjustments. We don't have a great pass rush, especially when we've got our big dog sitting on the bench with an injury, instead of in there tying up blockers. We blitzed, Peyton reacted, they won.

They're not unbeatable by a long shot.

The few blitzes they did seemed very poor. The blitzers were coming from about 3-5 yards off the line when the ball was snapped which still gave peyton wayyy too much time. About the only blitz I remember them right up on the line was the play where they actually held peyton to a quick pass out and subsequently held the reciever from getting a first down on third down holding them to a field goal so it worked. The other times it was third down they just rushed the 4 and with no pressure it was just an easy pitch and catch between peyton and whoever he wanted to get it to.
troya900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:15 PM   #262
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
The season isn't over, we just failed our first big test. This was the one circled on the calendar... the game where the D proved that three years of money, draft picks and signings paid off.

Actually, we passed our first and second big test. We failed our third big test.

What a drama queen.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:17 PM   #263
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
It's a pattern you can follow back to the first Indy loss a few years back. Only this time, our offense fought through the defensive collapse and gave us back a lead or tie three different times in the 2nd half, only to have our defense piss it away.

Remember all that garbage about how our defense's playoff collapses were everyone's fault but their own? Well, as if that ever had any shred of truth... we can finally put that one to bed, as even the most severely football challenged around here have no choice but to pin that loss where it belongs.

If Jay Cutler starts for his next week, we'll have the same lack of personnel.

The season isn't over, we just failed our first big test. This was the one circled on the calendar... the game where the D proved that three years of money, draft picks and signings paid off.

Well, back to the drawing board.

The season isn't over, though. We DID play without Warren, and he might have made enough difference. I have some doubts, because it's not a run stuffer we needed yesterday (though it wouldn't have hurt) ... it's a guy who can bust Manning in the mouth on every play. (Sorry, I know he's your boy, Taco.)


Again, how funny. I heard you same bozo's say the same thing about New England and Baltimore. Let me guess, our next big test is Pitt next week right? And then after that San Diego? Let me know when we are done being tested.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:19 PM   #264
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post
Not to mention we lost our best D lineman and arguably our best O linemen the week before we had to play them. People would rather harp on the negative and massage their own egos.

C'est le vie.


Just imagine if No Show Jake would have appeared. Oh man, it would have been meltdown city if the offense played like they did the first couple of weeks.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:19 PM   #265
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post
Not to mention we lost our best D lineman and arguably our best O linemen the week before we had to play them. People would rather harp on the negative and massage their own egos.

C'est le vie.


The unit that has carried us all season long has stumbled and we lost by a field goal at the end of the game. The season is over, right?

Good Lord. We'd literally be 0-7 if it weren't for these guys, but everybody is ready to throw them from the train the second the best quarterback in the game manages to show them up for a 3 point win.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:20 PM   #266
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Just imagine if No Show Jake would have appeared. Oh man, it would have been meltdown city if the offense played like they did the first couple of weeks.

Got to give Jake credit. The 13 completions he made actually looked pretty good.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:22 PM   #267
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Got to give Jake credit. The 13 completions he made actually looked pretty good.


The best part was that it wasnt just ONE receiver. It only took him 11 years to understand doing that though.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:23 PM   #268
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Just imagine if No Show Jake would have appeared. Oh man, it would have been meltdown city if the offense played like they did the first couple of weeks.
Right, only he and the offense DID show up... to the tune of 31 points.

The result? Our D still caved.

But, we can play the imagine game all day if you'd like.

Imagine if we had a real front four like Chicago kicking Manning's ass on every play?

Imagine stopping a Colts drive.

Imagine our defense not giving up scores in the 30s and 40s every big game.

Ahhh... we could imagine all day, huh?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:28 PM   #269
Alkazar
NPN Mascott
 
Alkazar's Avatar
 
Bronco's Thunder

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
The unit that has carried us all season long has stumbled and we lost by a field goal at the end of the game. The season is over, right?

Good Lord. We'd literally be 0-7 if it weren't for these guys, but everybody is ready to throw them from the train the second the best quarterback in the game manages to show them up for a 3 point win.
I am neither willing to give up on the Defense which has proved itself to be a dominating force in every game until yesterday, and neither will I give up on the season. Jake has finally showed that he hasn't completely forgotten how to play football. But I always give credit where credit is due, whether good credit or bad and the credit for the loss belongs squarely on the shoulders of our defense, at least IMHO.
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:28 PM   #270
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Imagine if we actually had a bad defense, and we were 0-7 right now.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:32 PM   #271
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkazar View Post
I am neither willing to give up on the Defense which has proved itself to be a dominating force in every game until yesterday, and neither will I give up on the season. Jake has finally showed that he hasn't completely forgotten how to play football. But I always give credit where credit is due, whether good credit or bad and the credit for the loss belongs squarely on the shoulders of our defense, at least IMHO.
There's nothing "sqaurely" about it. Our defense and our offense are both to blame. Our offense gave up a fumble on the Denver 12 yard line that resulted in a quick touchdown. That's the point of the game where we lost the momentum. Without that fumble, who knows what could have happened.

Yes, the defense didn't step up like they should have. Yes, our offense finally got into gear. But it was a team loss. Everybody goes home with something to think about with regards to what they could have done better.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:36 PM   #272
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Imagine if we actually had a bad defense, and we were 0-7 right now.
Yea, it's just that you told us all that if our offense just showed up a little, this type of thing wouldn't happen.

Of course, most knew that wasn't true... and you were given an easy to understand illustration yesterday. So, you should know now, too.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:38 PM   #273
Alkazar
NPN Mascott
 
Alkazar's Avatar
 
Bronco's Thunder

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
There's nothing "sqaurely" about it. Our defense and our offense are both to blame. Our offense gave up a fumble on the Denver 12 yard line that resulted in a quick touchdown. That's the point of the game where we lost the momentum. Without that fumble, who knows what could have happened.

Yes, the defense didn't step up like they should have. Yes, our offense finally got into gear. But it was a team loss. Everybody goes home with something to think about with regards to what they could have done better.
Now that I can agree with. The only caveat that I would add is that if the defense had played the entire game then the fumble by Jake wouldn't have hurt. But it did, definately, swing the momentum of the game in the Colts favor.
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:39 PM   #274
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Right, only he and the offense DID show up... to the tune of 31 points.

The result? Our D still caved.

But, we can play the imagine game all day if you'd like.

Imagine if we had a real front four like Chicago kicking Manning's ass on every play?

Imagine stopping a Colts drive.

Imagine our defense not giving up scores in the 30s and 40s every big game.

Ahhh... we could imagine all day, huh?


Certainly, imagin if Jake hadnt turn the ball over 4 times against the Rams and 4 times against the Steelers. But, through 7 games the defense has shown up 6 times to your O's 1.

Anubis > Popps

Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #275
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post
Not to mention we lost our best D lineman and arguably our best O linemen the week before we had to play them. People would rather harp on the negative and massage their own egos.

C'est le vie.
Obviously it's conjecture, but an argument can be made that Addai wouldn't have had as much success with Warren in the middle...thus changing Indy's philosophy. Guys like that make a huge difference. Take Jamal Williams out of the Bolts lineup and see how well they play against any decent offensive team. Those hosses in the trenches make everything work. When they're commanding double teams...that leaves 10 defensive players to 9 offensive...that's significant.

As far as people harping on the negative...I've been a member of the 'mane long enough to know that a good many of it's members are incredibly high strung. It doesn't take much to set them off. These same people (if they're old enough to remember) probablly jumped ship in '97 after the Donks got embarassed by the '49ers on Monday Night Football. To hell with them.

I was a Donks fan long before the 'Mane was a twinkle in Taco John's QWERTY row. This loss isn't even close to a terrible loss. A terrible loss is the game they lost to Tampa Bay at home in '93...etc.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Denver Broncos