The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2006, 03:13 PM   #226
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici View Post
Just think how proud we could be of our offense if the Colt defense was any good...
They're probably saying the same thing on a Colt's board somewhere......
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:13 PM   #227
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I didnt realize playing the Colts in the regular season constituted as our Super Bowl. Your starting to sound like a Chef fan now.
Really, I said it was the Superbowl? You'll have to show me that.

That said, the entire organization and everyone in the free press will tell you that this defense was constructed over the past three years almost solely with the idea of stopping this exact thing in mind. So, forgive us misguided non-Manning fans who were a little put off by our total failure.

Hey, what am I worried about...

HE'S AWESOME!!
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:13 PM   #228
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
How much Darrent Williams film do you guys think Peyton watched this past week?
Yeah. Something that really pissed me off was the ST's didn't . . . . Oh, yeah this is a Peyton thread. Great QB. But 32 for 39? That's dang pathetic if you're a D player for the Broncos, I'm sorry. And he had 2-3 blatant drops.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:16 PM   #229
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Duuuuuude! Chill out. We lost! Maybe you didn't get the memo.

See, had we won... this would be a day of great sorrow around here. But, we failed a test we've been preparing for (for three years) miserably.

Don't bog yourself down with those details from the game. We lost, and that's what's important... so keep your head up.

Here...... this will help:

He's AWESOME!!!
"Get out of may way! Where are the lifeboats! Move kid! This ship is going dooooown!"
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:17 PM   #230
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Average seems to mean middle of the pack, some think Denver's defense is average. This is one of the better cases of message board sports fan lack of perspective.

Lets not even go middle of the pack.

Name seven defenses better than Denver's Shack.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:18 PM   #231
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
They're probably saying the same thing on a Colt's board somewhere......
Message board culture...its an amazing thing. Some in this thread have such an inability to look at the big picture that I am defending the Broncos.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:19 PM   #232
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:

That said, the entire organization and everyone in the free press will tell you that this defense was constructed over the past three years almost solely with the idea of stopping this exact thing in mind. So, forgive us misguided non-Manning fans who were a little put off by our total failure.

HE'S AWESOME!!

You crack me up man. Jake absolutely stinks up the joint in St. Louis and you werent angry one bit. But the defense gets crushed by one of the best offenses in the league and your all up in arms about it. Amazing. Guess what man? We are 5-2 with a lot of football left. And besides, we lost by 3 not 31 like in previous outings with them so you have to give the team some credit. We are almost there bro. How you like my reverse psychology?
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:21 PM   #233
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post
Average seems to mean middle of the pack, some think Denver's defense is average. This is one of the better cases of message board sports fan lack of perspective.

There aren't even 5. But that's not going to stop these guys from throwing them under any bus they can. They've had to defense Plummer's poor performance for 8 weeks now, and now there is defensive blood in the water and they're ready for some revenge.

Last edited by Taco John; 10-30-2006 at 03:23 PM..
Old 10-30-2006, 03:22 PM   #234
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
There aren't even 5. But that's not going to stop these guys from throwing them under any bus they can.
Whats even funnier is the quote that we have built this team to play the colts. I guess we should have been building for the Steelers cause they whooped us too last year. Maybe instead of obsessing on one team we can just take it week by week like the team is.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:23 PM   #235
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post

Pitt, SD, CHI, Balt, TB's is arguably better, PHI, Dal.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:24 PM   #236
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:

HE'S AWESOME!!
Popps you couldn't be more wrong. In the playoffs in 04 he went 27-33, now he went 32-39. He actually had one more incomplete pass. I guess the defensive moves have paid off.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:24 PM   #237
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
There aren't even 5. But that's not going to stop these guys from throwing them under any bus they can. They've had to defense Plummer's poor performance for 8 weeks now, and now there is defensive blood in the water and they're ready for some revenge.
I agree...I am excited for this list...
Old 10-30-2006, 03:26 PM   #238
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Whats even funnier is the quote that we have built this team to play the colts. I guess we should have been building for the Steelers cause they whooped us too last year. Maybe instead of obsessing on one team we can just take it week by week like the team is.

I shouldn't be suprised at the "this is our Superbowl" mentality that has gripped the fan base. I'll happily talk people off the ledge though. Our defense is the only reason we've got 5 wins, and they just played the best quarterback in the game today. This is hardly the end of the world.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:27 PM   #239
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
Pitt? NO
SD? NO
Chi? YES
Balt? NO
TB? Maybe
PHi? Maybe
Dal? YES
Old 10-30-2006, 03:28 PM   #240
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post

Tampa Bay, Philly, and Dallas? What a joke.

Tampa Bay gave up 27 points to the Ravens. Philly gave up 27 to New Orleans. Dallas gave up 36 to the Giants.

Last edited by Taco John; 10-30-2006 at 03:30 PM..
Old 10-30-2006, 03:29 PM   #241
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
I shouldn't be suprised at the "this is our Superbowl" mentality that has gripped the fan base. I'll happily talk people off the ledge though. Our defense is the only reason we've got 5 wins, and they just played the best quarterback in the game today. This is hardly the end of the world.

Agreed. God forbid we beat squads like Baltimore and New England. None of those defensive games means anything cause its all about the Colts who we never even faced last year.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:36 PM   #242
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Tampa Bay, Philly, and Dallas? What a joke.

Tampa Bay gave up 27 points to the Ravens. Philly gave up 27 to New Orleans. Dallas gave up 36 to the Giants.
Yeah I could be off with TB or PHI, Dal does have a good D and I didn't mention NE or Jax.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:40 PM   #243
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
You crack me up man. Jake absolutely stinks up the joint in St. Louis and you werent angry one bit. But the defense gets crushed by one of the best offenses in the league and your all up in arms about it. Amazing. :
Well, we won't be playing the Rams again unless they make it to the bowl...and the road to the bowl runs through Indianapolis this year.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:43 PM   #244
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well, we won't be playing the Rams again unless they make it to the bowl...and the road to the bowl runs through Indianapolis this year.

Just like last year right? oh wait............
Old 10-30-2006, 03:53 PM   #245
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Quote:
Not at all... Just paying my respects to the best quarterback in the league. He went up against one of the best defenses in the league and found the holes. Next week, our defense will get back in the business of being one of the best defenses in the league, and Peyton Manning will get back on the business of being the best quarterback in the league... and if we meet again in January, we'll see how things work out.

I don't subscribe to the idea that the only time it's permissable to be optimistic is when Plummer is choking and the defense is carrying the team. I think we still have a great defense, and that things are finally starting to come together on offense. Losing by 3 points to one of the best teams in the league is hardly the end of the season.

Props to Peyton Manning. He got the best of a very good defense. I look forward to a rematch.

While I agree that this game was just a hiccup for our D, we proved in the first half that Peyton and the Colts can be stopped. We just didn't adjust like we should have. Its just all this jock worship over a Marino clone that gets to me. Peyton will probably continue to bust some records but will never be able to lead a team effectively to the big prize. What I've seen on this thead looks like more than "paying respects", looks more like hero worship. I realize it ain't just you, but I have to disagree with your earlier statement, Peyton didn't single-handedly defeat us, our D laid down in the second half and let him beat us.
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:12 PM   #246
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Denver is a good overall team. They're not quite a team that can dominate in three phases. You don't have to dominate in all three phases at all times, but at certain points against tough opponents, you have to have some domination in stretches. Denver isn't quite there yet. For instance, Denver's D is giving up yards and points Sunday, the ST's didn't step up to fill the gap, and at the same time Denver's O goes three and out to open the 3rd Q, a fumble because they couldn't protect Plummer on the very next drive. That 3rd Q into the beginning of the 4th was all three phases not playing well at the same time. That's not gonna get it done against the toughest opponents like Indy.

That was not a good 2nd half, folks, when the team needed a good 2nd half. Got outscored 28-17. On the other hand, dammit the team was so close to pulling this one out. Have to get that little bit better. The team isn't there yet. Nice to see Scheffler and Kircus make some plays. Nice to see MB play so damn hard in the biggest game of his young career. That guy stepped up. Nice to see Jake play with authority.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:17 PM   #247
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Just rewatching the game, and Denver up 28-23 with 6:54 left, and I know what happens after this - Indy outscores Denver 11-3.

So stinking close, but the team gets outscored 11-3 with 7 stinking minutes left in the stinking game. If Denver plays a three-phase game at home in those final 7 minutes, Denver is 6-1. DAMMMMMMMMMMMMITTTTTTTTTTTT!
Old 10-30-2006, 04:25 PM   #248
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkazar View Post
We just didn't adjust like we should have. ...our D laid down in the second half and let him beat us.

I disagree. From my understanding, our defense actually did make adjustments, and Manning reacted to those adjustments to the benefit of his team.

As far as worshipping a Marino clone, Marino wasn't half bad himself. I think Manning deserves the respect he gets. He's easily the best quarterback in the league today.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:29 PM   #249
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Quote:
I disagree. From my understanding, our defense actually did make adjustments, and Manning reacted to those adjustments to the benefit of his team.

As far as worshipping a Marino clone, Marino wasn't half bad himself. I think Manning deserves the respect he gets. He's easily the best quarterback in the league today.
I just can't agree that it wasn't our D. I constantly saw poor to sh*tty tackling through our the game and out vaunted front four couldn't get any pressure on Manning at all. If there were adjustments made, I couldn't see them and neither, apparently, could anyone else.
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:31 PM   #250
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkazar View Post
If there were adjustments made, I couldn't see them and neither, apparently, could anyone else.