The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2006, 10:59 AM   #151
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
When you get right down to it, he's the reason we lost today... Not our offense. Not our defense. Not our adjustments. Not our non-adjustments. Not a fumble, not a blown pass coverage.

It was Peyton Manning, who kept answering the challenge play after play. They've got a great offense and will definitely be a team contending late this year. My hat goes off to them, and to Peyton Manning, the closest thing to John Elway in the game today.
I think I understand the sentiment here. Peyton might drive me nuts with all the antics at the line but you have no doubt you are watching a QB in command of the game. You also have no doubt if you put the ball in his hand with the game on the line he'll do everything he can to find a way to beat you. (Ahh... I remember the days of that type of confidence...)

Cry about the defense all you want. The fact is this defense was put together to stop the Indy offense and they still can't do it. This is a defense built to capitalize on offensive mistakes or non-execution. They couldn't force Indy into a mistake and the Colts are disciplined enough to not make silly errors on their own.

If appreciating Manning's talents (even in a stingy, begrudging way) makes me seem less of a Denver fan to some, well, you know the saying about opinions and a$$holes...
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:06 AM   #152
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
It's been posted here. Not on this thread but others. Literally.

Hey, if people can watch our D taken apart in a disgraceful performance like that and then just praise Peyton Manning, more power to them.

Personally, I'd rather figure out how to beat his ass in a big game like teams have done for the last 8 years.

This has to be the only team forum in the league where this kind of stuff flies.
Can you imagine someone on a Jets forum posting an "I love Manning" thread after he just dismantled their defense?

Takes all kinds.
I thinks its becuase the Colts demolished our defense they are now ready to crown them. That is hilarious. Peyton did nothing yesterday that he hasn't done to every average defense that doesn't have a pass rush.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:29 AM   #153
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

IMHO, this thread should go to the Butt.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:30 AM   #154
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici View Post
I think I understand the sentiment here. Peyton might drive me nuts with all the antics at the line but you have no doubt you are watching a QB in command of the game. You also have no doubt if you put the ball in his hand with the game on the line he'll do everything he can to find a way to beat you. (Ahh... I remember the days of that type of confidence...)

Cry about the defense all you want. The fact is this defense was put together to stop the Indy offense and they still can't do it. This is a defense built to capitalize on offensive mistakes or non-execution. They couldn't force Indy into a mistake and the Colts are disciplined enough to not make silly errors on their own.

If appreciating Manning's talents (even in a stingy, begrudging way) makes me seem less of a Denver fan to some, well, you know the saying about opinions and a$$holes...

nice
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:35 AM   #155
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
I thinks its becuase the Colts demolished our defense they are now ready to crown them. That is hilarious. Peyton did nothing yesterday that he hasn't done to every average defense that doesn't have a pass rush.
Exactly. It's not like yesterday was a coming out party for Manning. We just made it particularly easy for him... easier than average.

We've built this defense up for three years for this game, and in the end... the Titans allowed less points to the Colts than we did. (That's with the Titan offense only scoring twice in the game.)

I mean, people can get all doe eyed over Manning if they want. Whatever works for you. To me, that's like watching a car run over your dog... and then standing above your dead dog saying, "gee, nice car."
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:36 AM   #156
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici View Post
And this is... which one? :
Old 10-30-2006, 11:43 AM   #157
Popps
It's so easy

Old 10-30-2006, 11:46 AM   #158
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Exactly. It's not like yesterday was a coming out party for Manning. We just made it particularly easy for him... easier than average.

We've built this defense up for three years for this game, and in the end... the Titans allowed less points to the Colts than we did. (That's with the Titan offense only scoring twice in the game.)

I mean, people can get all doe eyed over Manning if they want. Whatever works for you. To me, that's like watching a car run over your dog... and then standing above your dead dog saying, "gee, nice car."

I guess I could be like you and instead of paying a compliment to our opponents, sit here and whine about how bad our team is. We have a good team that got beat in a game by the best quarterback in the game today. It's hardly the end of the world. Pull yourself together already.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:47 AM   #159
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
I guess I could be like you and instead of paying a compliment to our opponents, sit here and whine about how bad our team is. .
Nah, I'd rather get dismantled in big games like this and then act surprised when it happens.

Hey, a car just killed my dog. Look how shiny it is. I had no idea that if my dog stood in the street, a car could hit it. Isn't that surprising and impressive!?
Old 10-30-2006, 11:49 AM   #160
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
It's hardly the end of the world. Pull yourself together already.
Ahh... if we win, with a sub-par QB performance, your arse is on fire... but if we are embarrassed for the 4th time by a team we've constructed our team to beat for three years, it's no biggie!

Cool, just trying to keep it straight...

We win.... bad. Make threads how bad things are.

We lose... good. Make threads about how dreamy opposing QB is.

Got it.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:50 AM   #161
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Why don't you continue to whine about the defense that got us 5 wins so far this season.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:52 AM   #162
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Nah, I'd rather get dismantled in big games like this and then act surprised when it happens.

Hey, a car just killed my dog. Look how shiny it is. I had no idea that if my dog stood in the street, a car could hit it. Isn't that surprising and impressive!?
"Hey, dude. Your sister is great in the sack! Gimme five!"
Old 10-30-2006, 11:59 AM   #163
troya900
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Yup, man it's proven how to beat peyton. Have a decent line that can bring pressure and force them to punt at least a few times. Peyton and the recievers take up so much of their salary they have a crap ass defense that gets run over against playoff caliber offenses. It's clear Denver's defensive line is still as crappy as it's ever been. Until Shanny finally addresses the Defensive line we pretty much have to accept great passing attacks like Peyton will be beating us.
troya900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:02 PM   #164
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

What you see as a devestating loss, I see as a step forward. At least this time our offense showed up to play some football. That was encouraging. This is how our past games would have been if our offense had shown up. Maybe still losses, but at least we'd have a shot at the end.

As far as this team being built to beat the Colts, that's a media creation. This team isn't geared for any particular team. It's an assembly of the best talent we could get in the situation we were in. Perhaps if Jake wasn't such a turnip in the last four playoff outings, Shanahan would have felt confident enough in him to forego drafting Cutler, and instead picking up a DE.

In any case, I think the results would have been different if we had Gerrard Warren tying guys up front, and freeing some rushers. That didn't happen, and whenever we sent a blitz, Peyton Manning would make us pay for it.

Peyton deserves a lot of credit. They've got one of the absolute worst defenses in the league, and they're still undefeated.

I still believe we've got a good defense. They're still the reason we've got 5 wins, and we haven't seen the last of their dominating style of play. We're not facing Peyton Manning every week.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:07 PM   #165
troya900
Ring of Famer

Quote:
What you see as a devestating loss, I see as a step forward. At least this time our offense showed up to play some football. That was encouraging. This is how our past games would have been if our offense had shown up. Maybe still losses, but at least we'd have a shot at the end.

As far as this team being built to beat the Colts, that's a media creation. This team isn't geared for any particular team. It's an assembly of the best talent we could get in the situation we were in. Perhaps if Jake wasn't such a turnip in the last four playoff outings, Shanahan would have felt confident enough in him to forego drafting Cutler, and instead picking up a DE.

In any case, I think the results would have been different if we had Gerrard Warren tying guys up front, and freeing some rushers. That didn't happen, and whenever we sent a blitz, Peyton Manning would make us pay for it.

Peyton deserves a lot of credit. They've got one of the absolute worst defenses in the league, and they're still undefeated.

I still believe we've got a good defense. They're still the reason we've got 5 wins, and we haven't seen the last of their dominating style of play. We're not facing Peyton Manning every week.
I honestly don't understand your rosy outlook from this. I hate saying it, but we seem like a paper tiger all around. If we reach the playoffs again you can almost certaintly write it in that plummer will show up as his usual self making bone headed plays and the D-line will again be a no show allowing a ridiculous completion percentage because we have a bunch of scrubs that don't have the nuts to actually pressure the damn QB. Which is why Denver's been blown out the last 3 years in the playoff.
troya900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:13 PM   #166
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
"Hey, dude. Your sister is great in the sack! Gimme five!"
Oh man.

Old 10-30-2006, 12:18 PM   #167
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Quote:
When you get right down to it, he's the reason we lost today... Not our offense. Not our defense. Not our adjustments. Not our non-adjustments. Not a fumble, not a blown pass coverage.

It was Peyton Manning, who kept answering the challenge play after play. They've got a great offense and will definitely be a team contending late this year. My hat goes off to them, and to Peyton Manning, the closest thing to John Elway in the game today.
Whatchado, lose a bet to a Dolt fan there TJ
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:21 PM   #168
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
IMHO, this thread should go to the Butt.

AMEN!!

Our D played like CRAP yesterday, underneath, medium range, up the middle, everything they did, it WORKED!!

Sure the Mannng O is good, but missed tackles, poor coverage, no pressure, THOSE are the reason Manning looked like God once again yesterday.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:29 PM   #169
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkazar View Post

Not at all... Just paying my respects to the best quarterback in the league. He went up against one of the best defenses in the league and found the holes. Next week, our defense will get back in the business of being one of the best defenses in the league, and Peyton Manning will get back on the business of being the best quarterback in the league... and if we meet again in January, we'll see how things work out.

I don't subscribe to the idea that the only time it's permissable to be optimistic is when Plummer is choking and the defense is carrying the team. I think we still have a great defense, and that things are finally starting to come together on offense. Losing by 3 points to one of the best teams in the league is hardly the end of the season.

Props to Peyton Manning. He got the best of a very good defense. I look forward to a rematch.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:32 PM   #170
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkazar View Post
Look, just because you could swap out Bob and Taco's posts and not notice is no reason to get all over him.

Let the guy enjoy his day in peace. We just got blasted sideways by the Colts... relax, here... this will take the edge off for you...

Remember... Peyton Manning is awesome!

Just repeat it yourself. It's soothing.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:37 PM   #171
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

And don't forget the part that makes it so especially sweet...

IN OUR OWN HOUSE!

Think I'm bad today? Should have seen me yesterday.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:38 PM   #172
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

"THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! WE'RE DOOOOOMED!

That make you feel better Popps?

We got beat by a great quarterback. Shrug it off. We've still got a good team.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:39 PM   #173
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Not at all... Just paying my respects to the best quarterback in the league. He went up against one of the best defenses in the league and found the holes. Next week, our defense will get back in the business of being one of the best defenses in the league, and Peyton Manning will get back on the business of being the best quarterback in the league... and if we meet again in January, we'll see how things work out.

I don't subscribe to the idea that the only time it's permissable to be optimistic is when Plummer is choking and the defense is carrying the team. I think we still have a great defense, and that things are finally starting to come together on offense. Losing by 3 points to one of the best teams in the league is hardly the end of the season.

Props to Peyton Manning. He got the best of a very good defense. I look forward to a rematch.

our defense is not as good as we thought it was

sure Payaton is a great QB, but c'mon

look at the teams we played, NE was still in transition and so were the rams when we played them, other than that, all the offenses were crap

we played a good offense finally and got exposed

we are an average defense, nothing more, nothing less....pure average......we aren't even very good as you put it
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:41 PM   #174
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
And don't forget the part that makes it so especially sweet...

IN OUR OWN HOUSE!

Think I'm bad today? Should have seen me yesterday.

dont remind me about that!

Freaking 13 wins in a row, then we let this one slip away.

AGHHHHH!!! The D just had to make one freaking stop.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:47 PM   #175
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Shack View Post
our defense is not as good as we thought it was

sure Payaton is a great QB, but c'mon

look at the teams we played, NE was still in transition and so were the rams when we played them, other than that, all the offenses were crap

we played a good offense finally and got exposed

we are an average defense, nothing more, nothing less....pure average......we aren't even very good as you put it

Our defense is the only reason we're not 0-7 right now. Yeah, they had a bad game against the best quarterback in the game today, but that doesn't make them average. For crying out loud, Chicago just about blew it against the freaking Cardinals.

You and Popps and whoever else have written off the season because we blew a game by three points to the best team in the league can mope around deriding the only reason we're even in the hunt right now if you choose. That's up to you guys. Me, I'm going to give credit to the other team for having a hell of a game against a hell of a team, and eagerly wait for the rematch.