The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2006, 10:59 AM   #11
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
When you get right down to it, he's the reason we lost today... Not our offense. Not our defense. Not our adjustments. Not our non-adjustments. Not a fumble, not a blown pass coverage.

It was Peyton Manning, who kept answering the challenge play after play. They've got a great offense and will definitely be a team contending late this year. My hat goes off to them, and to Peyton Manning, the closest thing to John Elway in the game today.
I think I understand the sentiment here. Peyton might drive me nuts with all the antics at the line but you have no doubt you are watching a QB in command of the game. You also have no doubt if you put the ball in his hand with the game on the line he'll do everything he can to find a way to beat you. (Ahh... I remember the days of that type of confidence...)

Cry about the defense all you want. The fact is this defense was put together to stop the Indy offense and they still can't do it. This is a defense built to capitalize on offensive mistakes or non-execution. They couldn't force Indy into a mistake and the Colts are disciplined enough to not make silly errors on their own.

If appreciating Manning's talents (even in a stingy, begrudging way) makes me seem less of a Denver fan to some, well, you know the saying about opinions and a$$holes...
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote