The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2006, 08:34 AM   #126
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Hopefully those stats are keeping him and Marino warm at nights.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:38 AM   #127
NaptownChief
Donkeys Nightmare

Football Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Hopefully those stats are keeping him and Marino warm at nights.

The moment he gets a top 10 defense like Elway had in his two Super Bowl seasons he will start racking up his share of rings.
NaptownChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:53 AM   #128
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
When you get right down to it, he's the reason we lost today... Not our offense. Not our defense. Not our adjustments. Not our non-adjustments. Not a fumble, not a blown pass coverage.

It was Peyton Manning, who kept answering the challenge play after play. They've got a great offense and will definitely be a team contending late this year. My hat goes off to them, and to Peyton Manning, the closest thing to John Elway in the game today.
Amen to that Taco, sure we could have possibly won with just a couple of key plays on defense and on offense late in the game, but this is one where we saw a master at work in peak form.

Manning and the Colts seemed ready to answer whatever we threw at them and as they said in their postgame that Manning is so good at reading defenses and is so accurate he simply goes after whatever the defense gives him and that knowledge by the rest of the team that he has it covered makes them all relax and play looser knowing they don't have to go out individually and win the game.

Heres a quote from Shanny postgame:

"
Later, Shanahan politely refused to rank Manning against John Elway, Joe Montana and other Hall of Fame quarterbacks with whom the Broncos coach has worked on NFL sidelines and in meeting rooms.

"But I guarantee you one thing," Shanahan said of Manning. "He amazes me."

While Jake Plummer gave by far his best performance in nine months, I'll guarantee you something else. It hurt Plummer's job security in Denver when Shanahan spent a week at the Pro Bowl last winter with Manning, and was reminded firsthand what a QB who can be a coach on the field can do for a team with championship aspirations.

"You can't overemphasize how good the quarterback is," Colts coach Tony Dungy said.

Manning beats you with all the small things.
What is ironic is we have NE's number, Indy has our number and NE has Indy's number!! Go Figure!

Lets see if that holds true again as Indy plays NE next weekend.

Last edited by Hulamau; 10-30-2006 at 08:57 AM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:36 AM   #129
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
When you get right down to it, he's the reason we lost today... Not our offense. Not our defense. Not our adjustments. Not our non-adjustments. Not a fumble, not a blown pass coverage.

It was Peyton Manning, who kept answering the challenge play after play. They've got a great offense and will definitely be a team contending late this year. My hat goes off to them, and to Peyton Manning, the closest thing to John Elway in the game today.
What a great way to be competitive Taco. Lets just bow down to the Colts when we meet them in a game next year, because I'm sure thats what Shanahan is thinking right now. Yeap, thats how you deal with adversity in life isn't it? You give up and say "oh well i tried".

I got news for anyone still not willing to accept it, This defense played its ass off, including Darrent and got absolutely leveled because simply:

Lack of personell and scheme.

There was not an execution problem, its not hard to execute man cover with one or two stunts and loops on the front line. The whole damn Orangemane comes on to these boards after each win and complain Jake this, Jake that, our offense sucks while we were on a 5 game winning streak. Now this team shows its true weakness, its only weakness and the only reason its lost all those playoff games all along...

Our defense is all smokes and mirrors. Football is won and lost in the trenches.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:37 AM   #130
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownChief View Post
For him it is like the guy that keeps getting all the girls that he wanted...He is so bitter he refuses to accept the fact that he is just the better man.

As for those that say Manning is better compared to Marino at this point than Elway, you are probably right...As Manning has more wins and much better stats....and none of them had any rings at this stage either. So at least Marino had the stats.
Marino and Elway (and Kelly for that matter) all had road playoff wins and Super Bowl appearances by now. Manning hasn't won anything and its going on year ten.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:40 AM   #131
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
What is ironic is we have NE's number, Indy has our number and NE has Indy's number!! Go Figure!
Those kind of dynamics occur to some extent in every division in the League. There's an old saying in boxing, "styles make fights", and that's true in most athletic competitions.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:41 AM   #132
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Manning is a great QB no doubt but, he got 5 minutes to throw with lots of weapons all day he should look good.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:42 AM   #133
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Pitt didn't prove anything...they played well enough to squeak out a win but they sure as heck didn't stop Manning. NE accomplished that but it took one of the best teams in the last couple decades to do that. So I guess if you can come up with one of the best teams in the last couple decades then I suppose you might shut him down. That should be easy enough.
who said anything about stopping him?

their offense is too good to just "stop"

but I'm talking holding to less than 30 points for once
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:43 AM   #134
NaptownChief
Donkeys Nightmare

Football Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post
Marino and Elway (and Kelly for that matter) all had road playoff wins

You might need to revisit history....Manning beat the 13-3 Chiefs in Arrowhead when his defense couldn't even force a single punt.

I would be surprised if any of the three you mentioned could have pulled that off.

And he keeps spanking those Donkeys in the playoffs year after year...But I will have to agree with you that really doesn't much credit. That is about as tough as picking up a call girl in Vegas with a couple grand in your pocket.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:45 AM   #135
NaptownChief
Donkeys Nightmare

Football Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Shack View Post
who said anything about stopping him?

their offense is too good to just "stop"

but I'm talking holding to less than 30 points for once

So the fact that a couple teams have managed to hold him under 30 points proves he doesn't deserve credit and love from Taco. That is like saying Carl Lewis didn't always run the 100 under 10 seconds so I can't believe anybody thinks he was really fast.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:45 AM   #136
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
You might need to revisit history....Manning beat the 13-3 Chiefs in Arrowhead when his defense couldn't even force a single punt.

I would be surprised if any of the three you mentioned could have pulled that off.

And he keeps spanking those Donkeys in the playoffs year after year...But I will have to agree with you that really doesn't much credit. That is about as tough as picking up a call girl in Vegas with a couple grand in your pocket.
do you have trouble in your masterbation experiences...deciding to jerk off to Payaton or Larry Johnson's poster?
Old 10-30-2006, 09:48 AM   #137
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
So the fact that a couple teams have managed to hold him under 30 points proves he doesn't deserve credit and love from Taco. That is like saying Carl Lewis didn't always run the 100 under 10 seconds so I can't believe anybody thinks he was really fast.
lots of teams in the NFL during payaton's "lustrious" career have held him under 30 points

you act like it's impossible

Payaton is a good QB, but not that knob slobberer hero, idol you make him out to be
Old 10-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #138
NaptownChief
Donkeys Nightmare

Football Pimp

Quote:
do you have trouble in your masterbation experiences...deciding to jerk off to Payaton or Larry Johnson's poster?

We have the official white flag being waved...Ye olde tactic of name calling and personal insults when defeat is imminent.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:11 AM   #139
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
We have the official white flag being waved...Ye olde tactic of name calling and personal insults when defeat is imminent.
no, you act like Payaton can't be stopped, that it's literally impossible to stop him, where there are numorous examples of how indeed, he can be slowed down

Pitt, NE, SD, Jax just to name a few

There is a blue plan on how to execute it, but the fact is, our D coordinator is too much of an old crumudeon to try it.

So rather than trying to get you to see that point, I'll let your love for Payaton bring a smile to my face and make fun of your DA
Old 10-30-2006, 10:15 AM   #140
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Gotta love a Broncos forum where the top moderator is ripping other people for not supporting Peyton Manning enough after he embarrassed our defense for the 4th time in a big game.

Goooooooooooo PEYTON!!
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:18 AM   #141
purestrength
Just Drafted

Default Peyton

If it's any consolation, Peyton will light up New England next Sunday night, just like he did last year.
purestrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:19 AM   #142
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
no, you act like Payaton can't be stopped, that it's literally impossible to stop him
It's been posted here. Not on this thread but others. Literally.

Hey, if people can watch our D taken apart in a disgraceful performance like that and then just praise Peyton Manning, more power to them.

Personally, I'd rather figure out how to beat his ass in a big game like teams have done for the last 8 years.

This has to be the only team forum in the league where this kind of stuff flies.
Can you imagine someone on a Jets forum posting an "I love Manning" thread after he just dismantled their defense?

Takes all kinds.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:27 AM   #143
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

i hate Manning and the Indiana Cowpies more than the next guy, but facts are facts... with today's NFL rules and his core of receivers, you've got to play a nearly perfect game to beat him, or hope for some really awful weather!
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:27 AM   #144
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post

Hey, if people can watch our D taken apart in a disgraceful performance like that and then just praise Peyton Manning, more power to them.

Personally, I'd rather figure out how to beat his ass in a big game like teams have done for the last 8 years.

This has to be the only team forum in the league where this kind of stuff flies.
Can you imagine someone on a Jets forum posting an "I love Manning" thread after he just dismantled their defense?

Takes all kinds.

I give credit to Payaton, he can confuse the hell out of Coyer, that is for sure.

Payaton is a good QB, but not unbeatable.

I looked at our previous foes this year and how our "vaunted" D built up their stats

St. Louis--new offense, they were trying 3 step drops and Bulger later said he wanted to try some 7 step drops like last year...and they are much better on offense

KC--first game as full time starter

NE--still getting hang of no WRs worth a darn, I doubt we'd hold them to 7 points again

Bmore---enough said, their offense stinks

Oakland--they are worse on offense

we play a good defense and the real Coyer D shows up, the inconsitant, looking loss and confused and befuddled D coordinator shows up.

I'm all for the hate on Jake, fact is, until this game, he played bad, but I think the real issue is just how bad our D looked against a real offense, considering most of our recent money was spent on that side
Old 10-30-2006, 10:28 AM   #145
NaptownChief
Donkeys Nightmare

Football Pimp

Quote:
no, you act like Payaton can't be stopped, that it's literally impossible to stop him, where there are numorous examples of how indeed, he can be slowed down

Pitt, NE, SD, Jax just to name a few

There is a blue plan on how to execute it, but the fact is, our D coordinator is too much of an old crumudeon to try it.

So rather than trying to get you to see that point, I'll let your love for Payaton bring a smile to my face and make fun of your DA

You are the only one making silly comments....."h I don't understand why all the Peyton love...". , maybe because he is the best player in the game by a decent margin, just ripped the #1 rated defense apart and most people have no trouble admiting such.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:32 AM   #146
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
You are the only one making silly comments....."h I don't understand why all the Peyton love...". , maybe because he is the best player in the game by a decent margin, just ripped the #1 rated defense apart and most people have no trouble admiting such.
What's there to "admit?"

Maybe the dude just isn't into the "Peyton is Dreamy" threads after he exposed our defense on national TV. Everyone knows Manning can play football. Is that news to you or something?

As usual, Taco stands hand in hand, united with the Chiefs fans around here.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:34 AM   #147
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
no, I don't understand the payaton love while not ripping our D for not trying to do something.

we were #1 rated based on playing powder puffs obviously b/c we just got exposed, it's not like he hasn't ripped our D before

the fact is, he can be slowed down, you act like he is the best football player in the history of the game, which is a crock.

and no, he isn't the best player by a decent margin, do you drool when you think of his peanut head in your hands?

I think LT and LJ are better, if he most valuable, that's for sure, b/c w/o him, the colts would lose about 45-26 every game.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:40 AM   #148
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

Takes all kinds.

No kidding. It's like being in the friggin Twilight Zone. Hey, the Raiders just kicked your ass. Let's all get down on our knees and give Al Davis the old knob polish. Maybe in a few weeks we'll be able to discuss how wonderful LJ is? How about a thread, "The Many Reasons I Love Ladainan Tomlinson?"
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:43 AM   #149
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
What's there to "admit?"

Maybe the dude just isn't into the "Peyton is Dreamy" threads after he exposed our defense on national TV. Everyone knows Manning can play football. Is that news to you or something?

As usual, Taco stands hand in hand, united with the Chiefs fans around here.
just a chief fan who is delluisonal and can't figure out which team to root for

at least Mock likes a team that is in the NFC and the AFC, this mooo-ran can't figure out if he likes Indy and dreamy Payaton better or the chorfs
Old 10-30-2006, 10:54 AM   #150
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
no, I don't understand the payaton love while not ripping our D for not trying to do something.

we were #1 rated based on playing powder puffs obviously b/c we just got exposed, it's not like he hasn't ripped our D before

the fact is, he can be slowed down, you act like he is the best football player in the history of the game, which is a crock.

and no, he isn't the best player by a decent margin, do you drool when you think of his peanut head in your hands?

I think LT and LJ are better, if he most valuable, that's for sure, b/c w/o him, the colts would lose about 45-26 every game.
A big part of why our D got ripped had to do with a lousy scheme that should have been s-canned at the half, but wasn't. Not to mention some really lousy tackling. The key point is the Broncos put up no pass rush whatsover and an NFL QB took them apart. That's either kudos to their Oline, or thumbs down to our Dline or D coordinator. Not to mention, the Colts won on a last second field goal they should never have had the opportunity to try. It's not like they stomped the Broncos 41 to zip, or something. Our coaches were brain dead, our LBs forgot how to tackle, our D coordinator suddenly went senile, and STILL, the most powerful offense in the NFL was only able to squeak out a three point win.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote