The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2006, 06:17 AM   #101
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

I dont know shack, if it wasnt for vandy missing that ugly FG they would of beat pitt last year
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:19 AM   #102
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShadow View Post
I dont know shack, if it wasnt for vandy missing that ugly FG they would of beat pitt last year
if it wasn't for Bettis almost choking and fumbling, it wouldn't of came to that

you can say shoulda, woulda all you want

fact is, some d coordinators know how to beat Payaton, we just don't happen to have one that does
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:31 AM   #103
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The Broncos worked so hard to make sure Payaton was able to leave Denver without a single stain on that white uniform of his, it would be a shame to ruin it with your love slobber, girls.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:33 AM   #104
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The Broncos worked so hard to make sure Payaton was able to leave Denver without a single stain on that white uniform of his, it would be a shame to ruin it with your love slobber, girls.
as someone said in the chatroom last night

Peyton says to equpiment manager "Don't bother washing it, just hang it up for me"
Old 10-30-2006, 06:45 AM   #105
BroncoSoja
Shanahan wtfpwns me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
You're probably right, stylewise. But I'm talking field presence, which I think Elway had over Marino in spades. I think Peyton beats everyone in the league there, and most players throughout history.

We're watching a hall of famer in action here. I don't think enough people keep that in perspective when they watch the guy play ball.

Hall of famer or not the Defensive game plan on him as Tom Jackson said was "Vanilla"..The just stayed in one spot and didn't try to disguise anything(what happend to all the movement we used to have), that also had to be the worst Blitz D (When they actually tried to blitz) that I have ever seen.. You can't start to Blitz 5 yards off the ball (when you do deside to come) and expect to get to Manning, he is way to good. Add that to the fact that our Defense looked confused at times (Especially DWill and Lynch) and our run defense was absolutly horribe as was our tackling and you just have one horrible defensive effort.

I will not try to sit here and say Manning is not good.. To be honest with you I think when its all said in done in terms of what he can do I think he will be 1 or 2 alltime at the QB posistion, he is just that damn good. Not many QB's can call a game and beat a team, not many at all. But I think our Defense could have done a hell of alot better but they were too scared that they would get burned... Sad thing is instead of getting burned they got dissected..
BroncoSoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:02 AM   #106
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

The key was that Manning's O line did an EXCELLENT job of pass protection. No fouls, no penalties, no offsides...Peyton may as well have been playing at the dome. Any qb worth a buck can pitch and toss under those circumstances.
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:08 AM   #107
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
When you get right down to it, he's the reason we lost today... Not our offense. Not our defense. Not our adjustments. Not our non-adjustments. Not a fumble, not a blown pass coverage.

It was Peyton Manning, who kept answering the challenge play after play. They've got a great offense and will definitely be a team contending late this year. My hat goes off to them, and to Peyton Manning, the closest thing to John Elway in the game today.
Mentioning John Elway in the same sentence with that primadonna Payaton puts the taste of vomit in my mouth. Marino had fantastic WRs and could throw the ball all over the place too. He was never a champion. Not once. Manning played a team that had absolutely no pass rush whatsoever. He left the field without a single grass stain on his uniform. Take any QB in the NFL. Any one of them. Give them the WRs Payaton has. Give them the time Payaton had. Not a single pressure. Nothing. Let them not only look through three reads. Let them go back and start over again after the first three reads. They'll take you apart too.

The number one flaw of Mike Shanahan which he has proven year after year? He thinks he can win without a pass rush. He has believed this his entire career.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:15 AM   #108
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Manning has a great O-line and they did a great job here yesterday. Even Jake would be able to put up good numbers behind it.

But, the great line is not the only reason he wins.

The guy is the best QB in the game today...bar none! And YES he is a hall of famer. You can't put up the numbers he does every year and not be great at your job.

So far he hasn't been able to get to the bowl.....but this may be the year. Indys Defense is suspect, and they rely too much on the pass. So Manning has just gone out and won every game this year. Remind you of anyone?

I hope they beat NE this week, in fact I think they will. We are probably playing for 2nd place, guys, so let Indy have home field. Maybe B-more can take them out.

We all might hate him, cause he beats us like a drum,....but I bet everyone here would love it if he came and played for us!

ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:28 AM   #109
troya900
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Why does it matter? Come talk to me when you can beat the guy.
At least look up the facts before you state this kind of BS. Denver did beat Manning IN Indy in 2003 when it DID matter for playoff positioning then Denver promptly went into Indy a few weeks later and thus the Indy ownage of the Broncos began. The point is just cause your crappy defense beat him once doesn't mean he wouldn't own you 9 out of 10 times. Oh yeah that same ownage we got you got too losing at home to them in the playoffs. Yeah your O showed more but it was essentially the same thing I dont think Indy punted that whole game against the Cheaps.
troya900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:30 AM   #110
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Shack View Post
I don't get the Payaton love here TJ

he is a great QB, but you hit him in the mouth and try to disguise coverages, rather than just playing straight up zone, you can beat him

Look at NE and Pitt, what they normally do to him.

we did none of that and Coyer failed to adjust...like normal against a good offense
And San Diego did it, too. If you have a dominating d line and active linebackers (esp a 3-4) and crack that sucker in the lip he doesn't look so immortal. Peyton's greatest talent is mental, not physical. Timing is his game. Knock him on his square assed hips, and watch the whining. He's a great qb, but this sudden mania I can't figure either. It's not like he hasn't done this before, and the Colts always seem to beat the Broncs lately. But the media is acting like this is some 'eye opening' experience.
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:34 AM   #111
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle Orange View Post
And San Diego did it, too. If you have a dominating d line and active linebackers (esp a 3-4) and crack that sucker in the lip he doesn't look so immortal. Peyton's greatest talent is mental, not physical. Timing is his game. Knock him on his square assed hips, and watch the whining. He's a great qb, but this sudden mania I can't figure either. It's not like he hasn't done this before, and the Colts always seem to beat the Broncs lately. But the media is acting like this is some 'eye opening' experience.
I agree completely. This is what I was saying before the game. If you can't hit Manning, you will lose. Can it be any simpler? Everything he does is timing. Phil Simms said it in the booth. The ball is gone before the WR breaks. Manning, Harrison and Wayne practice it over an over and over. If you can't interrupt the timing, you're toast. It ain't rocket science.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:40 AM   #112
NaptownChief
Donkeys Nightmare

Football Pimp

Quote:

he is a great QB, but you hit him in the mouth and try to disguise coverages, rather than just playing straight up zone, you can beat him

Look at NE and Pitt, what they normally do to him.

we did none of that and Coyer failed to adjust...like normal against a good offense

That sure sounds good but reality is that it is nothing more than talk. What did Pitt do to him? He threw for 290 yards a TD and 0 INT's. If they had Adam V in that game instead of Vandershank they probably win.

Only Bill Bellichick has been able to make Manning look bad and that took one of the best teams in the last couple decades to do that.

You act like Coyer is too stupid and you have the answers. Coyer is one of the best DC's in the business. He has made adjustments but the reality is that Manning counter-adjusts and continues to pick teams apart.

If you don't get the Manning love from TJ then it is because you know little about football or you are letting your hate for Manning completely cloud your vision.
NaptownChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:42 AM   #113
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownChief View Post
That sure sounds good but reality is that it is nothing more than talk. What did Pitt do to him? He threw for 290 yards a TD and 0 INT's. If they had Adam V in that game instead of Vandershank they probably win.

Only Bill Bellichick has been able to make Manning look bad and that took one of the best teams in the last couple decades to do that.

You act like Coyer is too stupid and you have the answers. Coyer is one of the best DC's in the business. He has made adjustments but the reality is that Manning counter-adjusts and continues to pick teams apart.

If you don't get the Manning love from TJ then it is because you know little about football or you are letting your hate for Manning completely cloud your vision.
coulda would should about Pitt, if Bettis wouldn't of choked at fumbled at the 1 yard line, then that FG wouldn't of mattered

you do what you do, you hit Payaton in the mouth and disrupt his timing, somethign Coyer can't figure out how to do...he did once, in 2003, we sacked Payaton about 3 x's and we won
Old 10-30-2006, 07:46 AM   #114
NaptownChief
Donkeys Nightmare

Football Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
If you can't interrupt the timing, you're toast. It ain't rocket science.

But doing that obviously isn't something that many can do....It is like saying to stop the running game all you need is four defensive lineman that are 6'5" 375lbs, have the quickness of LT, the speed of Steve Smith and the strength of Rulon Gardner and the competitive desire of Michael Jordan. Come on this isn't rocket science, just go get those four guys and we will shut down the run.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:49 AM   #115
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

I had a hard time deciphering where our d-lineman were when Manning was back to pass. I swear they were getting engulfed by the Colts O-line . Not only that , the colt line would strategically push the defenders in certain areas of the pocket to give Manning a throwing alley you could drive any automobile through. This was 99% of the time. A few blitzes may have helped, but may have allowed them to rack up more points too. It was painfully obvious to me, once again, our D-line needs more than one talented player.
The entire D had a lousy game yesterday, tackling, guys wide open. It was bad timing to have an off day on D. The front line is what it is.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:49 AM   #116
NaptownChief
Donkeys Nightmare

Football Pimp

Quote:
coulda would should about Pitt, if Bettis wouldn't of choked at fumbled at the 1 yard line, then that FG wouldn't of mattered

you do what you do, you hit Payaton in the mouth and disrupt his timing, somethign Coyer can't figure out how to do...he did once, in 2003, we sacked Payaton about 3 x's and we won

and if the Colts had a decent defense Bettis' fumble wouldn't have mattered. I don't see where the team outcome has anything to do with your point about taking Manning out of his game...Giving up 290 yards and no turnovers isn't exactly taking someone out of their game. Sure, it isn't the beat downs he keeps giving you guys but 290 yards is the equivalent of a 4,640 yard season over 16 games.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:51 AM   #117
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
and if the Colts had a decent defense Bettis' fumble wouldn't have mattered. I don't see where the team outcome has anything to do with your point about taking Manning out of his game...Giving up 290 yards and no turnovers isn't exactly taking someone out of their game. Sure, it isn't the beat downs he keeps giving you guys but 290 yards is the equivalent of a 4,640 yard season over 16 games.
the point is, as proven by NE and Pitt, you hit him in the mouth, disguise your blitzes at the LOS and bump the receivers, you take away his timing

sitting back in zone all day isn't going to do anything
Old 10-30-2006, 07:53 AM   #118
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
But doing that obviously isn't something that many can do....It is like saying to stop the running game all you need is four defensive lineman that are 6'5" 375lbs, have the quickness of LT, the speed of Steve Smith and the strength of Rulon Gardner and the competitive desire of Michael Jordan. Come on this isn't rocket science, just go get those four guys and we will shut down the run.
You don't have to disrupt every single pass. You don't have to hit him every time he drops back. But you do have to do it a couple of times. Okay? How about once? One friggin time. On third and long. Is that too much to ask? Stop one effin drive. Just one.

You have to be able to break a series. The Colt's punter should give back yesterday's game check. Or split it with Denver's D.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:56 AM   #119
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabronco View Post
I had a hard time deciphering where our d-lineman were when Manning was back to pass. I swear they were getting engulfed by the Colts O-line . Not only that , the colt line would strategically push the defenders in certain areas of the pocket to give Manning a throwing alley you could drive any automobile through. This was 99% of the time. A few blitzes may have helped, but may have allowed them to rack up more points too. It was painfully obvious to me, once again, our D-line needs more than one talented player.
The entire D had a lousy game yesterday, tackling, guys wide open. It was bad timing to have an off day on D. The front line is what it is.
I agree with an awful lot of this. Our D-Line was absolutely controlled. And you hit it dead on. They were guided completely out of the passing lanes which gave Manning a perfect view of the field. Our DEs may as well have been playing in Littleton and Boulder.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:58 AM   #120
NaptownChief
Donkeys Nightmare

Football Pimp

Quote:
the point is, as proven by NE and Pitt, you hit him in the mouth, disguise your blitzes at the LOS and bump the receivers, you take away his timing

sitting back in zone all day isn't going to do anything

Pitt didn't prove anything...they played well enough to squeak out a win but they sure as heck didn't stop Manning. NE accomplished that but it took one of the best teams in the last couple decades to do that. So I guess if you can come up with one of the best teams in the last couple decades then I suppose you might shut him down. That should be easy enough.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:14 AM   #121
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

I'll add this, though. No matter how good Manning and the Colts offense may be, I can't recall a Super Bowl winner that had a defense in the lower 1/3rd of the league.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:19 AM   #122
NaptownChief
Donkeys Nightmare

Football Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones View Post
I'll add this, though. No matter how good Manning and the Colts offense may be, I can't recall a Super Bowl winner that had a defense in the lower 1/3rd of the league.

And for that reason I don't expect them to win the Super Bowl. It will require Manning to be hitting on all cylinders for 3 or 4 straight games against playoff teams. That is extremely tough to do. If Manning just has an average game they will be beat with that defense. Especially playoff teams that tend to be able to run the ball well. They will have a field day moving the ball and killing the clock keeping Manning off the field.

It is about time Dungy gets held accountable for putting rotten defenses on the field. This is his fifth year and was brought in to build a good defense to go with that great offense and so far he has done nothing but ride the coattails of an offense that was already in place with Tom Moore and Manning.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:23 AM   #123
troya900
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I agree with an awful lot of this. Our D-Line was absolutely controlled. And you hit it dead on. They were guided completely out of the passing lanes which gave Manning a perfect view of the field. Our DEs may as well have been playing in Littleton and Boulder.

The Dline was absolutely atrocious. Half the time they were rolling around in the ground like a bunch of happy pigs in a slough.
troya900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:25 AM   #124
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

I think you're crazy if you can't give any props to Peyton Manning.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:32 AM   #125
NaptownChief
Donkeys Nightmare

Football Pimp

Quote:
I think you're crazy if you can't give any props to Peyton Manning.

For him it is like the guy that keeps getting all the girls that he wanted...He is so bitter he refuses to accept the fact that he is just the better man.

As for those that say Manning is better compared to Marino at this point than Elway, you are probably right...As Manning has more wins and much better stats....and none of them had any rings at this stage either. So at least Marino had the stats.