The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2006, 11:55 PM   #26
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Truth...But it was too heart-breaking to just say "We were out-played".
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:56 PM   #27
B-Love
Ring of Famer

They're killin me Whitey, they're killin me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post
We watch Hall of Famers every week, in practically every game.

I think you're suffering some post traumatic shock syndrome. Pop in a tape of him against New England, or any 3-4 defense who commits to punching him in the mouth, and he looks a lot more human.
You're right Slap; until he wins, ...... you're right. But you also overstate it I believe.

You and I have seen them all post merger, and this guy is right up there in the top 5 QB's I've ever seen.

You are right though, about the 3-4 stuff, for now. But I think that changes this year.

I think he wins it all this year. I didn't feel that way in prior years but I do this year; especially after today. I really do believe, barring injury, Peyton hoists the trophy this year.

This guy is special; real special.
B-Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:56 PM   #28
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

The same argument could be made for all the elite players in the league this season. You have to stop Larry Johnson from running the ball. You have to eliminate Brian Urlacher from the play, You have to cover Steve Smith man to man, and you must find a way to keep the ball out of Peyton Manning's hands. These are simple rules.

The props he receives are well deserved, but its not like we did not know that he would be the main factor in the game. Going in a zone defense against him only works when you can create pressure on him. Let him sit back and pick apart your weaknesses in the defense and of course you wont be able to stop him. All great players find a way to keep their teams on top. This guy is one of the all-timers no doubt. Its a shame we couldnt find a more effective way of stopping him.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:57 PM   #29
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
So you think we should get rid of Coyer and bring back Wade next year?
No. I don't even like the 3-4, but you can show multiple fronts out of it and blitz out of it easily and that's the defense that gives Peyton Manning trouble.

Peyton is like a highly tuned robot. If you don't disrupt his programming, he'll perform with almost machinelike precision. Unfortunately, just like a piece of sophisticated machinery, he will malfunction if you put him under too much stress.

Comparing a guy who's been in the League nine years without any playoff success to speak of to John Elway really doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I have a hard time comparing him to Marino from that standpoint. Marino did more with less talented teammates, that's for sure.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:58 PM   #30
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
What would be a joy to watch would be him against KC's wannabe Defence that would be truly amazing.
That would be a challenge no doubt. We can't face Denver's offense every weekend.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:00 AM   #31
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
No. I don't even like the 3-4, but you can show multiple fronts out of it and blitz out of it easily and that's the defense that gives Peyton Manning trouble.

Peyton is like a highly tuned robot. If you don't disrupt his programming, he'll perform with almost machinelike precision. Unfortunately, just like a piece of sophisticated machinery, he will malfunction if you put him under too much stress.

Comparing a guy who's been in the League nine years without any playoff success to speak of to John Elway really doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I have a hard time comparing him to Marino from that standpoint. Marino did more with less talented teammates, that's for sure.

I'm just talking field presence. That's it. Not styles. Not records. Not championships. Just the way a team feels in the 4th quarter of a close game with Peyton Manning on the other sideline.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:00 AM   #32
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

If Peyton and the Colts get to the Super Bowl, I think Chicago's Defense, with a front four that can get pressure, will take him down. I can't see Chicago blowing it in the playoffs again. They'll be there ready to take him on and frustrate him.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:00 AM   #33
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

I was impressed. I have always thought he was an elite QB but the work done today? I think he could be one of the best when all is said and done. Who knows, maybe he goes Marino style but I doubt it.

I came away very impressed with the offensive execution as a whole. They use their lineman very well...those guys have great quickness and footwork...the way some of those plays unfold is a thing a beauty.

How bad is that Indy Colts defense though. Damn.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:01 AM   #34
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:

And Ive said it I dont know how many times. Manning will not win a super bowl with this defense, even though I still think he is the best quarterback in the league.

I think John Elway made league minimum during our SB years.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:02 AM   #35
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
If Peyton and the Colts get to the Super Bowl, I think Chicago's Defense, with a front four that can get pressure, will take him down. I can't see Chicago blowing it in the playoffs again. They'll be there ready to take him on and frustrate him.
Yep. Meanwhile Thomas Jones will run all over them. I dont think they're going to the super bowl though.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:04 AM   #36
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanCam View Post
This is right on the money...

We lost, yes because Peyton is the best in the business. But how did he beat us?

He found the weakest link in our defense, and teamed with an abover average WR, he exploited the crap out of it.

When that started happening it is our D's responsibility to make adjustemnts, give Darrent some help, and stop the bleeding.

It was obvious he wasn't up to the task, why we left him all by himself for teh entire second half is beyond me. We should have done something to stop that.

this might sound strange but I blame this lose on Al Wilson ! he never seems to be in the right place in Passing situations. why is that ?
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:06 AM   #37
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Manning VS Elway:

Elway never blamed his teammates.

If the o-line was playing poorly, Elway made it work anyway. He scrambled, dodged, ran right and threw left.

Manning is an elite QB, but the guy NEEDS a good offensive line - or one that can take blame.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:08 AM   #38
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
What would be a joy to watch would be him against KC's wannabe Defence that would be truly amazing.
The last time we played Peyton Manning our defense was among the league's worst.

AND WE WON.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:08 AM   #39
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Elway didn't need a good O-line?

What is this trend? Its like the only way some people think a player can prove elite status is if everyone else around them is total ****.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:09 AM   #40
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post

Look here, SoCal. If you want to crown their asses, then CROWN THEIR ASS!
Old 10-30-2006, 12:09 AM   #41
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I'm just talking field presence. That's it. Not styles. Not records. Not championships. Just the way a team feels in the 4th quarter of a close game with Peyton Manning on the other sideline.
I'm sure his teammates gain a lot of confidence from playing with a guy who's that well prepared and efficient, too. I also think its a major boost psychologically when you feel like the best player on the field is on your side. Manning and Bailey were the two HOF locks on the field today, but QBs have so much more opportunity to impact a game.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:10 AM   #42
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

We knew what they were.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:10 AM   #43
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
The last time we played Peyton Manning our defense was among the league's worst.

AND WE WON.
How'd you do the time before that?
Old 10-30-2006, 12:13 AM   #44
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post
What is this trend? Its like the only way some people think a player can prove elite status is if everyone else around them is total ****.
I'm trying to be a good messageboard troll here. Let's just say Elway had some problems in protection.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:13 AM   #45
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Quote:

AND WE WON.
You get any trophies or T-shirts for that win?
BigPlayShay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:19 AM   #46
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Quote:
We're watching a hall of famer in action here. I don't think enough people keep that in perspective when they watch the guy play ball.
Good point, we're all quick to try and find the Bronco's weak link, but that was a hell of a game by a QB we'll be telling our kids about.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:19 AM   #47
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
How'd you do the time before that?
Why does it matter? Come talk to me when you can beat the guy.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:20 AM   #48
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post
That would be a challenge no doubt. We can't face Denver's offense every weekend.
yeah our offense sucked so bad and you can't face it every week. But wait what did I just remember, oh yeah we have a crap offense and still beat your defense. You guys will always build on moral victories and that is why you will always finish just short.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:23 AM   #49
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
yeah our offense sucked so bad and you can't face it every week. But wait what did I just remember, oh yeah we have a crap offense and still beat your defense. You guys will always build on moral victories and that is why you will always finish just short.
What can I say, I have a little perspective. I know what happens in Invesco...its hard to win in the NFL on the road unless you are the Colts.

I also know what happens in Arrowhead.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:23 AM   #50
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Why does it matter? Come talk to me when you can beat the guy.
Yeah and come talk when your team actually looks good in reality rather than on paper. When did you guys last win a superbowl?
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote