The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2006, 11:32 PM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default Peyton Manning is awesome

When you get right down to it, he's the reason we lost today... Not our offense. Not our defense. Not our adjustments. Not our non-adjustments. Not a fumble, not a blown pass coverage.

It was Peyton Manning, who kept answering the challenge play after play. They've got a great offense and will definitely be a team contending late this year. My hat goes off to them, and to Peyton Manning, the closest thing to John Elway in the game today.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2006, 11:34 PM   #2
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

challenge?

Since when was playing toss with Wayne a challenge? Don't distract this...we lost because Coyer and the Defense didn't adjust and they were owned (especially the d-line and DW to a lesser extent IMO).
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:35 PM   #3
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Yeah watching all the highlights he managed the game and put his offense where they needed to be in order to make plays. Unfortunately he found a hole in Darrent and noone on Denver compensated for that. The guy was amazing today and we still almost one. You never accept a loss but damn our team played well itself today.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:35 PM   #4
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
challenge?

Since when was playing toss with Wayne a challenge? Don't distract this...we lost because Coyer and the Defense didn't adjust and they were owned (especially the d-line and DW to a lesser extent IMO)...
...and Jake
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:36 PM   #5
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

He is a joy to watch.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:36 PM   #6
dbfan4life
Ring of Famer

It's easy to answer tha challenge when being covered by Darrent all day. Nice game plan....it seems I've seen this before.
dbfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:36 PM   #7
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
When you get right down to it, he's the reason we lost today... Not our offense. Not our defense. Not our adjustments. Not our non-adjustments. Not a fumble, not a blown pass coverage.

It was Peyton Manning, who kept answering the challenge play after play. They've got a great offense and will definitely be a team contending late this year. My hat goes off to them, and to Peyton Manning, the closest thing to John Elway in the game today.
The Marino comparisons, both style wise and achievement wise are more apt.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:36 PM   #8
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

We did not lose because of Jake. That's pure BS.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:39 PM   #9
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

You give anyone that amount of time along with the cushion to throw and they can pick apart the defense. Sage Rosenfels could have done a decent job. Our defense played scared all day and it was sickening...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:39 PM   #10
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

What would be a joy to watch would be him against KC's wannabe Defence that would be truly amazing.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:39 PM   #11
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:

I bet NE would tell you that you are full of crap!
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:41 PM   #12
ClevelandBronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post
Agreed.
ClevelandBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:41 PM   #13
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
We did not lose because of Jake. That's pure BS.
I know, but given the mood around here with a bunch of threads and posts from the "experts" whom I wonder if they even watched the game, I couldnt resist. Jake played his ass off today.

I can't blame a certain player or coordinator for this one. We had em where we wanted em, and a couple slips cost us.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:41 PM   #14
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

You're probably right, stylewise. But I'm talking field presence, which I think Elway had over Marino in spades. I think Peyton beats everyone in the league there, and most players throughout history.

We're watching a hall of famer in action here. I don't think enough people keep that in perspective when they watch the guy play ball.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:45 PM   #15
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

We watch Hall of Famers every week, in practically every game.

I think you're suffering some post traumatic shock syndrome. Pop in a tape of him against New England, or any 3-4 defense who commits to punching him in the mouth, and he looks a lot more human.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:45 PM   #16
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
You're probably right, stylewise. But I'm talking field presence, which I think Elway had over Marino in spades. I think Peyton beats everyone in the league there, and most players throughout history.

We're watching a hall of famer in action here. I don't think enough people keep that in perspective when they watch the guy play ball.
I think he is the best quarterback in the league without a doubt. Better than Marsha in fact. But he will never win a super bowl as long as him, Wayne, and Harrison are taking up all that cap space. No way a rushing defense that bad will have a prayer at winning the bowl.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:46 PM   #17
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

One thing is certain. You have to get to Peyton Manning. If you don't, he'll be the one doing the punching.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:47 PM   #18
B-Love
Ring of Famer

They're killin me Whitey, they're killin me!!

Quote:
Absolutely, right on.

I know he's had some mediocre playoff games but this guy is unreal. I know he was not pressured at all, but to negotiate a team in that crowd noise is unreal.
B-Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:47 PM   #19
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
We watch Hall of Famers every week, in practically every game.

I think you're suffering some post traumatic shock syndrome. Pop in a tape of him against New England, or any 3-4 defense who commits to punching him in the mouth, and he looks a lot more human.
So you think we should get rid of Coyer and bring back Wade next year?
Old 10-29-2006, 11:47 PM   #20
BroncoFanCam
110% Raider Hater

RAIDERS SUCK!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cecil Sapp

Quote:
challenge?

Since when was playing toss with Wayne a challenge? Don't distract this...we lost because Coyer and the Defense didn't adjust and they were owned (especially the d-line and DW to a lesser extent IMO).
This is right on the money...

We lost, yes because Peyton is the best in the business. But how did he beat us?

He found the weakest link in our defense, and teamed with an abover average WR, he exploited the crap out of it.

When that started happening it is our D's responsibility to make adjustemnts, give Darrent some help, and stop the bleeding.

It was obvious he wasn't up to the task, why we left him all by himself for teh entire second half is beyond me. We should have done something to stop that.
BroncoFanCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:48 PM   #21
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
One thing is certain. You have to get to Peyton Manning. If you don't, he'll be the one doing the punching.
Peyton doesn't punch. No sir, what he does is do that Indiana Jones Temple of Doom thing where the voodoo guy rips out your heart with his fingers. Thats what Manning does if you let him.

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 10-29-2006 at 11:52 PM..
Old 10-29-2006, 11:49 PM   #22
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

How much Darrent Williams film do you guys think Peyton watched this past week?
Old 10-29-2006, 11:49 PM   #23
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Like I have said all along, there is no reason to hate Peyton Manning. The man is unfreaking real. When we tied the game at 31, you knew he was going to march that team right down the field.

But also, you have to give up for his offensive line. He had a pocket to throw the ball from all game long. I don't know if we even touched him in the last three quarters and he threw the ball 30 something times! Amazing.

If we were able to put some pressure on Manning, we could have made him look like most qbs that play us -- befuddled. But come on, he had upwards of 8 seconds sometimes to throw the ball. Plummer on the other hand has to scramble for his life everytime he drops back. Its just a fact.

I still can't believe Mediator12 says that Plummer has as much time to pass as Manning. That is a complete joke. Everybody saw the game today. The game was won in the trenches and Manning's O'line owned all game long. Without that offensive line, Manning isn't as half as good as he is. When you allow QBs to sit back and scan the field while eating a sandwhich, 90% of the guys in this league are going to kill you. Manning missed like 6 passes out of 40 attempts. GOOD GAWD!!!

Last edited by GonzoLays; 10-29-2006 at 11:52 PM..
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:51 PM   #24
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
How much Darrent Williams film do you guys think Peyton watched this past week?
They guys watches film like no other. I am sure he knew everything that could be known about the D thats what gives him the edge. i bet given the opportunity he would use some sort of technology that allows him to disect film subconsciously while slepping.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:54 PM   #25
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
They guys watches film like no other. I am sure he knew everything that could be known about the D thats what gives him the edge. i bet given the opportunity he would use some sort of technology that allows him to disect film subconsciously while slepping.
yep. Guy probably works Mike Shanahan hours studying film.