The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2006, 05:25 PM   #1
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default The Mock Roast

So the other night, I was looking at one of Mock's posts, and I said to myself, "Self, look at that! Mock's about to hit 60K posts. It'll probably happen this month sometime. That's something you don't see everyday."

So today, I look, and BAM! - he got to 60K and blew past it, in a matter of a day and a half, or so.

You can't stop him. You can only hope to contain him.

So I looked, and as best as I can tell, this was Mock's 60,000th post. It's not Canton-worthy, but it's in many ways a fitting metaphor of all that is Mock. That is, I don't know that I really understand what the heck he is talking about, but it seems like it might be kind of interesting if I think about it long enough - sort of like Immanuel Kant, with varying degrees of coherence.

Anyway, I thought we should roast Mock, in honor of the occasion. Now, I know that not everyone thinks Mock is someone to know (not in a Biblical sense) and love. So I would suggest we keep the comments good-natured. In other words, if you don't have anything good to say (or at least not vitriolic), don't say anything at all.

So what do you say? Mock memories?

I'll give one. At one of the OrangeMane fantasy football drafts this year, Mock mentioned at the beginning of the draft that he was enjoying a *ahem* beverage. By about round eight, Mock goes radio silent with his picks. Breathlessly, we all waited to see if he had ranked his players before the draft.

The clock ticked down...

and down...

and suddenly it expired with Mock taking Neil Rackers.

Okay, a little early for a kicker, but he's arguably the best fantasy kicker out there, so what are you going to say?

Over the next eight rounds, good ol' Mock ended up taking two more kickers (making him the first player in Mane fantasy football history to have three kickers on his roster), a RB that had just been put on IR, a RB that had just been demoted to 3rd string, arguably the worst defense in the league, and a 62-year-old QB.

The draft ended up lasting almost eleven hours, but the monotony was eased by the anticipation of what cast-off the system would give Mock the next round.

Good times.

I, for one, like Mock pretty well. Some of the PMs he's sent me have been all-time keepers. I find myself laughing at some of the bizarre stuff he says, and then surprised (and sort of impressed) that I actually got some strange, vague reference he made.

Here's to you, Mock old boy!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links