The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2006, 09:20 AM   #1
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default Did Sebastian Telfair Shoot Rapper Fabolous?

When Telfair isn't living up to the Coney Island hype, police say he likes to shoot rappers in his free time.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2633483

Quote:
Celts' Telfair denies role in shooting of rapper Fabolous
ESPN.com news services

Boston Celtics guard Sebastian Telfair denied Friday that he is under investigation for the shooting of rapper Skylar John Jackson -- also known as Fabolous -- but the police are singing a different tune.

"I wasn't being investigated for any shooting," Telfair told reporters on Friday at the Celtics' practice facility in Waltham, Mass. "My necklace was snatched from my neck." However, the New York police say Telfair is being investigated.

"We're investigating whether there's a connection between the reported robbery and the shooting," New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne told The Associated Press earlier this week.

The 21-year-old Telfair had a $50,000 chain ripped off his neck early Tuesday morning outside Justin's, a Manhattan club owned by hip-hop mogul Sean "Diddy" Combs. Twenty minutes later, Jackson, 28, was shot and wounded in the left thigh outside of the club.

The New York Daily News reported that surveillance video captured two members of Fabolous' entourage robbing Telfair. The paper's sources claim Telfair saw the men inside the club and made a cell phone call. The security camera reportedly captured the shooter leaving in a grey car.

According to Assistant District Attorney Nicole Blumberg, several witnesses heard gunshots outside the East 22nd Street restaurant at about 12:30 a.m. There were a number of calls to 911, and one witness took down the make and license plate of a sport utility vehicle leaving the scene, she said.

After the incident, four men, including Fabolous, were arrested and charged with having unregistered, loaded weapons in their SUV.

Telfair left Tuesday night's Celtics game against the Knicks after halftime to view lineups, which contained Fabolous and members of his entourage. The 21-year-old Telfair was unable to identify the suspect.

"I was in an unfortunate situation, if you want to say I'm a bad person because I was out with my fiancee, then that's what it is. I know who I am, my teammates and this organization know who I am," Telfair told reporters.

Celtics Coach Doc Rivers said Telfair is getting a bad rap.

"He didn't do anything. His name is in a bad circle. The same thing could happen to you or me," Rivers said. "I don't know how you stay out of this. I mean, he should be able to go to dinner. Sebastian's character will show he's a good guy."

Last February, the Trail Blazers, who traded Telfair this offseason, fined him after a loaded gun was found on the team's private jet at Boston's Logan Airport.

The handgun was found in a pillowcase belonging to Telfair as the team plane was being prepared for a flight from Boston to Toronto. Telfair explained to local authorities that the gun belonged to his girlfriend and that he had inadvertently grabbed the wrong bag when leaving for the team's road trip.

The gun was registered in Oregon to Samantha Rodriguez, Telfair's girlfriend of five years at that time. No charges were filed.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2006, 02:16 PM   #2
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Sebastian is 100% innocent of all this vicious innuendo being spread by a two bit reporter. He was a VICTIM in this most unfortunate incident.

My prayers are with him and his family during this most trying time.

Go Sebastian. Go Boston. Go America.

Last edited by GonzoLays; 10-23-2006 at 02:19 PM..
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:52 AM   #3
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

No way Telfair pulled the trigger. If he'd taken the shot, he'd have missed.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:29 AM   #4
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Oh contraire monfrair, Sebastian Telfair is quite the shooter. Let us examine his preseason stats:

7 games, 7 starts
26.9 minutes
14.1 pts
4.1 assists
1.57 steals
2.00 rebounds
.795% FT
.750% 3pt (8 makes out of 10 attempts WOW)
.547% FG

And I'm not going to even pimp his meaningless summer league stats where he made the first team. It is quite evident that Sebastain Telfair is having, BY FAR, the best preseason of any rookie this year. But wait, you say, "Gonzo, Telfair is not a rookie." STOP! Telfair is YOUNGER than Randy Foye, Brandon Roy, Sheldon Williams, LaMarcus Aldrige, Adam Morrison and is the same age as Tyrus Thomas. It is only fair to compare Telfair with this class because he was traded for the 7th pick.

Like I had told everyone earlier, had Sebastian matriculated at Louisville and entered the 2006 NBA draft, he would have been a top three pick. Everybody was down on him because he was the first player EVER under 6'1" to try to make the jump from high school to the NBA. He still averaged 9 pts and 3 assists per game during his first two years in the league. Sebastain put up those numbers against the greatest players in the world. If he went to college, I'm quite sure he would have averaged 20 pts and 7 assists per game.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:33 AM   #5
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Is Sebastian Telfair the fastest PG in the NBA? Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 10-25-2006, 11:43 AM   #6
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
And I'm not going to even pimp his meaningless summer league stats where he made the first team.
Instead you pimp the meaningless preseason stats.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:03 PM   #7
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
Instead you pimp the meaningless preseason stats.
I wonder how preseason stats are meaningless? You are playing against NBA players in a officially sanctioned NBA game. Until the regular season starts, this all you have to go by.

Remember, Skita didn't do **** in preseason either.