The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2006, 09:42 PM   #251
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens1893 View Post
heres an idea if clockwork wants to change his ava

Love it!

Okilie dokillie neighborino!

Last edited by Bronx33; 10-21-2006 at 09:51 PM..
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:45 PM   #252
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

It should be mentioned that Paul Stastny, Gilbert Brule and Phil Kessel all scored their first NHL goals tonight.

Congrats boys.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:45 PM   #253
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I don't get it.

You can all stop laughing about me not getting it too.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:50 PM   #254
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbrncofn View Post
I don't get it.

You can all stop laughing about me not getting it too.
What don't you get? Budaj's mask?

I just think it's funny that he's got Ned Flanders holding a Slovakian flag on his mask.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:52 PM   #255
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
What don't you get? Budaj's mask?

I just think it's funny that he's got Ned Flanders holding a Slovakian flag on his mask.
Ok, then there is really nothing to get. I've seen it. I thought it was photoshopped on the back of Jose's mask.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:56 PM   #256
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Ok, then there is really nothing to get. I've seen it. I thought it was photoshopped on the back of Jose's mask.
No, if someone's gonna photoshop something on TheOpenDoor's mask, I suggest a nice big hunk of swiss cheese.

Now that the season has started, I'll ask again, who's got the bigger five hole?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg parisnewguy_inf_0619_400_2.jpg (11.6 KB, 31 views)
Old 10-21-2006, 09:57 PM   #257
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Good Lord, I would have said Paris hands down before, now I'm singing a different tune I think.

Remember when he demanded that apology over the Paris thing? We as fans should be demanding an apology for this **** he calls playing goalie.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:21 AM   #258
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Flyers GM Clarke resigns, Hitchcock fired

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2634817
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 08:17 AM   #259
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Default Flyers start the "gutting process"

What an awful start to a season huh? The Flyboys are currently 1-6-1 through the first 8 games. A few nights ago, they waived, Baumgartner, Dimitrokis, and Nedved. Flyers owner was quoted as saying "this is just the start". Well, he wasn't lying.
Earlier today, The Flyers gutted the front office. They fired head Coach Ken Hitchcock and GM Bob Clarke "resigned". Paul Holgren (a one time Flyer great) will take over the GM duties and John Stevens was called up from the Phantoms to take over the head coaching duties.

It was only a matter of time Flyers fans. Once the NHL switched to speed skating with pucks and pads, the Flyers days as a consistent cup contender were numbered. They aren't the only one's. Teams like Toronto, New Jersey, Colorado, Detriot and Boston will suffer as well. When you draft players for the last 15 years that fit the big, tough, grinding type forwards and defenseman and then your league changes it's look basically overnight, you will surely suffer sooner or later. The Flyers are now suffering.

Thankfully, the Flyers have an owner who will not sit on his ass and do nothing. Ed Snider will not sit back and watch this team become a joke. He cares. Look no further then the last week. Cutting players that were in the starting lineup and now, taking out the coach and long time GM and Flyer icon, Bobby Clarke.

I wonder who will be willing to trade for Forsberg, Knuble, Rathje, and Hatcher. I'm sure they will be on the block (probably today).
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 08:33 AM   #260
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

im glad something finally happened cuz i was getting sick of reading the speculation of what was going to happen.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 08:59 AM   #261
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:

Wow!
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 09:10 AM   #262
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
He's a bum.

I'm officially joining the goalie controversy train. Start Budaj.
Remember earlier in the season when I asked if everyone would be ok with Jose provided he kept playing at the level he did in the first two games?

Ignore that question. Thank you.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:10 AM   #263
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:

Thank God! Im tired of getting fleeced by Clarke in trades.

(See Chechemanek, Roenick)
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:24 AM   #264
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Theodore tried to 'buy' victory
October 21, 2006

It was not the return to Montreal
Jose Theodore had hoped for. (CP)

Sportsnet.ca -- On a night when Jose Theodore was shelled for eight goals by his former team, he can at least take solace in the fact he won't be paying his current teammates close to eight thousand dollars.

That may not be much consolation.

Sportsnet has learned Jose Theodore used an old Patrick Roy tactic to try to get a victory in his homecoming at the Bell Center. In Roy's first game back in Montreal as a member of the Colorado Avalanche in 1997, the former Canadiens' MVP reportedly forked out $20,000 dollars to be split up by teammates if the Avalanche were to win. Colorado was indeed victorious 7-3, thinning out Roy's wallet, but ultimately giving the goalie the last laugh.

The tactic backfired for Theodore however. He apparently put $7500 on the line before the puck drop Saturday night. Meanwhile, former whipping boy in Montreal, Patrice Brisebois, sweetened the pot with an additional $2500. The two former Habs' pocket books remained intact but their egos took quite a hit in the 8-5 defeat, in which they were repeatedly jeered and booed by fans.

Theodore spoke briefly to a few reporters after the getting shelled for eight goals but he quickly disappeared. Brisebois walked past a horde of media representatives claiming he had been told to do so by the team's PR representative, Jean Martineau.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...21_234524_4412
Old 10-22-2006, 10:25 AM   #265
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

No suprise there, the GM is going through the team with a machete*
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:34 AM   #266
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

http://svt.se/svt/road/Classic/share...59295&a=685241

45 seconds in. Leading the league in scoring and already has an "A" as an 18-year old. Wonder if Backstrom will now replace Malkin with the title of "Best player not in the NHL"?
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:17 AM   #267
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
The Kings are shopping Craig Conroy, who had one assist and was minus-3 through the first eight games of the season. The Thrashers are believed to have some interest in the 35-year-old center, but it's hard to imagine the team has the ability to absorb the $2.394 million cap hit Conroy carries through next season. LA GM Dean Lombardi is seeking prospects for Conroy as he attempts an organizational reconstruction
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10222006...oks.htm?page=2
Even though Brooks is hardly accurate regarding rumors, It would be nice to get Valabik or Brian Little in return. Do it Deano!
Old 10-22-2006, 12:10 PM   #268
Jori
US Olympian

So we are going to blame Theodore and ignore the horrendous defense? Theodore is what he is...an overpaid average goaltender. But lets not make him out to be the only goat. And Brisebois was probably the Avs best defenseman last night. What does that tell you about the rest of the group? I'm so tired of the goaltender being the only one getting the blame when the defense has been the problem with this team since the new CBA. The organization was foolish enough to believe that just swapping the goaltenders was enough when they have been ignoring the real weekness.

Last edited by Jori; 10-22-2006 at 12:12 PM..
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 05:31 PM   #269
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
So we are going to blame Theodore and ignore the horrendous defense? Theodore is what he is...an overpaid average goaltender. But lets not make him out to be the only goat. And Brisebois was probably the Avs best defenseman last night. What does that tell you about the rest of the group? I'm so tired of the goaltender being the only one getting the blame when the defense has been the problem with this team since the new CBA. The organization was foolish enough to believe that just swapping the goaltenders was enough when they have been ignoring the real weekness.
Does it really matter? I watched the Avalanche play a solid defensive game against Chicago and Theodore responded by giving up 4 soft goals and subsequently the game. He's inconsistant, overrated, overpaid and in no way an upgrade over Aebischer, who was basically thrown under the bus by Quenneville and Lacroix. But hey, he speaks french, so I guess that counts for something with this organization.

So yeah, I'm gonna b**** about him a little bit.

There are defensive issues with this team, we knew that coming in. A goaltender making over $5 million per season is supposed to be able to cover up for some of those deficiencies. That's what the real elite goaltenders can do. Theodore isn't an elite goaltender, he's just paid like one.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:02 PM   #270
Jori
US Olympian

I'm not disagreeing that Theodore is medicore, but he is only part of the problem. I totally put the Chicago game on Jose, but the game last night was a total team melt down.

What does he being French Canadian have to do with anything? They didn't have an issue shipping Tanguay's ass out of town.

Last edited by Jori; 10-22-2006 at 06:07 PM..
Old 10-22-2006, 06:34 PM   #271
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
I'm not disagreeing that Theodore is medicore, but he is only part of the problem. I totally put the Chicago game on Jose, but the game last night was a total team melt down.

What does he being French Canadian have to do with anything? They didn't have an issue shipping Tanguay's ass out of town.
Just a reference to them having a love for mediocre/washed up/worthless French Candian players since the lockout ended (Lappy was signed before the lockout, he doesn't count). Tanguay doesn't fall into any of those categories.

My reasoning is that I expected the Avs defense to be average, at best, this season. There's no big name, big money guys amongst them and there's a reason for that. Theodore is a big name, big money goaltender who is supposed to be a difference maker. Unfortunately, he's played a lot more like Phil Sauve than Patrick Roy.

It also goes back to the fact that I never wanted him here in the first place. His salary is an anchor around this team's neck and his performance hasn't done anything to change my opinion of that.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:15 PM   #272
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Theodore tried to 'buy' victory
October 21, 2006

It was not the return to Montreal
Jose Theodore had hoped for. (CP)

Sportsnet.ca -- On a night when Jose Theodore was shelled for eight goals by his former team, he can at least take solace in the fact he won't be paying his current teammates close to eight thousand dollars.

That may not be much consolation.

Sportsnet has learned Jose Theodore used an old Patrick Roy tactic to try to get a victory in his homecoming at the Bell Center. In Roy's first game back in Montreal as a member of the Colorado Avalanche in 1997, the former Canadiens' MVP reportedly forked out $20,000 dollars to be split up by teammates if the Avalanche were to win. Colorado was indeed victorious 7-3, thinning out Roy's wallet, but ultimately giving the goalie the last laugh.

The tactic backfired for Theodore however. He apparently put $7500 on the line before the puck drop Saturday night. Meanwhile, former whipping boy in Montreal, Patrice Brisebois, sweetened the pot with an additional $2500. The two former Habs' pocket books remained intact but their egos took quite a hit in the 8-5 defeat, in which they were repeatedly jeered and booed by fans.

Theodore spoke briefly to a few reporters after the getting shelled for eight goals but he quickly disappeared. Brisebois walked past a horde of media representatives claiming he had been told to do so by the team's PR representative, Jean Martineau.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...21_234524_4412
Oh good Lord! What a tard. Both of 'em.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:42 PM   #273
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Some rumors flying around that Vincent Lecavalier is going to be shopped soon because of his hefty contract.

Quote:
it's only a matter of time before GM Jay Feaster is forced to get out from under the cap by putting Vincent Lecavalier on the market.

Lecavalier carries a $6.875 million cap hit through 2008-09, but any team with payroll space and organizational depth will be in the hunt once reality hits - and that most certainly includes the one on Broadway lacking a big-time center.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10222006...oks.htm?page=2
Old 10-22-2006, 10:00 PM   #274
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
Some rumors flying around that Vincent Lecavalier is going to be shopped soon because of his hefty contract.
Not surprising, really. Tampa has too much money locked up in Lecavalier, Richards & St. Louis ($19.925 million per season for the next 4 years) and they're going to have next to no flexibility.

I wonder if the Avs will get involved since Lacroix has coveted Lecavalier since before he was drafted. He attempted to trade multiple 1st rounders to Tampa for the #1 pick to get him, but it didn't happen. It's not likely, but it wouldn't shock me either.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:08 PM   #275
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:
Oh good Lord! What a tard. Both of 'em.
It's nothing new...it's happened many times before.