The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2006, 11:32 AM   #1
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default The man, the myth, the legend: Leon Powe!

Seeing his first significant action of the preseason against the Nets this past Tuesday, Leon "the show" Powe dropped 11 pts and 15 rebounds. Many people asked, "how can Leon top that performance?" Have no fears critics, Mr. Powe last night dropped 16 pts, 9 rebounds and added a mind boggling 3 block shots last night in only 22 minutes of action.

Can you say the steal of the draft? I think you can.

And who are the Celtics to thank for this player of incredible potential? Thats right, the Nuggs.

Who couldn't use a player like Leon? Think KMART pre-injury/pre-huge contract. Wow.

If the Nuggs hadn't of traded Leon for a measly second round pick, dare I say he would be playing over KMART. Damn! That's got to hurt.

Leon is all heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Rivers
What I love about him is [he sends] a message to all the other bigs: There's a guy who's willing to get his nose dirty. You better do it, or he'll be getting your minutes."

"Just his presence on the floor, I think, was felt by the entire team," Rivers said. "He does all the little things defensively and he spreads the floor with his shot."
Leon on being a team player:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
"I was looking [at what teammates did in games] and saying, `I can do that,' " said Powe. "But it isn't about what I can do. It's about what Doc and the team needs. Right now, I think they just need to have somebody out there rebounding and fighting, somebody with toughness.

"I look at it as I've got a different role [than in college]. I can score points. I can be a go-to guy. I know I can do that, but I know that ain't my role. I'm going out there and showing what Danny and Doc see in me, that means making the hustle plays and rebounding. I just try to keep up the energy out there. I think that's what Danny saw when he picked me up."
What's not to like about this kid? What were you thinking Nuggs?
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links