The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2006, 04:59 PM   #201
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbrncofn View Post
Huh. It's going to be weird seeing little JM Liles wearing big ol Rob Blake's #. Gosh, that kinda sucks when your player just up and decides to change his #. I'm so gunshy of buying a jersey these days because of the 8, I have....only 1 player ( 2 jerseys ) are still with the damn team. Wait, I have Roy too, he doesn't count because he retired.
I know what you mean...I have a #40 Tanguay jersey and a #37 Drury one.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:01 PM   #202
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
I didn't know players were allowed to switch numbers during the season.

Either way, that's awesome that Stastny gets to wear his father's number.
Only time I've seen it was because of trades. When Blake came on board Nolan Pratt switched to #44 from #4.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:03 PM   #203
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

My Hejduk jerseys and a Sakic practice jersey are the only ones I have that I wear now. I don't wear the Roy one much because the thing is HUGE. I could use it as a dress.

I have what I consider to be almost worthless now: 2 Forsbergs, Hinote, and Blake.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:08 PM   #204
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

I have (one jersey) a joe sakic ...................................nuff said!
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:09 PM   #205
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I should have just stuck with Joe from day one.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:10 PM   #206
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Only time I've seen it was because of trades. When Blake came on board Nolan Pratt switched to #44 from #4.
That is true, good catch.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:11 PM   #207
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbrncofn View Post
I have what I consider to be almost worthless now: 2 Forsbergs, Hinote, and Blake.

Nothing wrong with honoring the greats of the Avs past......and Dan Hinote, too.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:17 PM   #208
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

I take it Stastny getting a new number is a sign that the Avs arenīt planning to send him down?

Edit: When did Wojtek Wolski come to North America? Surprised heīs listed as Canadian.

Last edited by Jens1893; 10-20-2006 at 05:23 PM..
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:27 PM   #209
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens1893 View Post
I take it Stastny getting a new number is a sign that the Avs arenīt planning to send him down?
I wouldn't say that, though I will say that he hasn't given them any reason to send him down.

Unless his play drops off dramatically in the next couple of weeks, the only thing that's going to get him sent to Albany is politics.

The best thing the Avs could do would be to talk Turgeon into staying on IR for the season.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:29 PM   #210
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens1893 View Post
Edit: When did Wojtek Wolski come to North America? Surprised heīs listed as Canadian.
Wolski and his family moved from Poland to Canada when he was four years old.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:35 PM   #211
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Whoever had 7 in the "How many games before Forsberg gets hurt" pool, please come collect your prize.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:49 PM   #212
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Whoever had 7 in the "How many games before Forsberg gets hurt" pool, please come collect your prize.

I never called a number (i don't think) but with peters style of play it was just a matter of time when somebody would jack something up on him, now is PL concidered a genius sending forsberg down the road?
Old 10-20-2006, 06:53 PM   #213
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
now is PL concidered a genius sending forsberg down the road?
It would have been a lot easier for most to take had they managed to keep Adam Foote in the process. Losing both of them really burned some of the trust and good will the Avs had built with their fanbase.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:03 PM   #214
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
It would have been a lot easier for most to take had they managed to keep Adam Foote in the process. Losing both of them really burned some of the trust and good will the Avs had built with their fanbase.

Yep but that feeling i had when we had forsberg and he couldn't play is gone, but sadly has been replaced by leopold.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:06 PM   #215
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Nothing wrong with honoring the greats of the Avs past......and Dan Hinote, too.
I'm hanging onto the 'the ones' just in case. If he ever comes back, even if it's just to retire as an Av....I'll be fine with it. If not, I don't know what to do with them. Isn't there any other Av fan that feels the way I do about this? I know I'm alone on the board about it, but sheesh, there's got to be someone else out there!

I'm always afraid that if I wear a jersey of someone who's been traded, someone is going to laugh and point and think I'm some moron who's walking around in a jersey of someone who's been traded and is oblivious to it.

Huh, maybe I should just pretend I'm oblivious to it anyway. Yeah.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:11 AM   #216
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Here is a big hit a Kings player (Sopel) put on a 'yote.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...38732817200997

Notice you will see his helmet fly off...
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:49 AM   #217
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2633417

Here's the article in question with Nolan calling Crosby a diver.

Yeah - It's ok Nolan - i understand - maybe when you get fired at NYI you can come and do crosby's laundry.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:06 AM   #218
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
Yeah - It's ok Nolan - i understand - maybe when you get fired at NYI you can come and do crosby's laundry.
Maybe before Ted starts complaining about the integrity of others, he should stop ****ing his players wives.

Go Canes!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 10-21-2006 at 11:20 AM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:38 AM   #219
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Flames' Yelle taken off ice on stretcher

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=181299&hubname=nhl

BOSTON (AP) - Calgary forward Stephane Yelle was taken off the ice on a stretcher because of an ankle injury Thursday night after falling backward and being pushed into the boards by Bruins defenceman Jason York.

''He went into the boards awkwardly and he jammed up his ankle,'' Flames coach Jim Playfair said. ''He'll fly home with us tonight and we will get it checked out.''

Yelle, injured late in the second period, is in his 11th season in the NHL.

''You really don't know what to think when something like that happens,'' Flames forward Jeff Friesen said. ''It deflated us and we obviously had a letdown.''

Boston won the game 3-2.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:42 AM   #220
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Flyers' Snider promises more changes

Man i completely missed snider putting three players on waivers and nedved was one of them,stupid knee jerk reaction?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=181262&hubname=nhl

The Philadelphia Flyers turned some heads Wednesday when the team placed defenceman Nolan Baumgartner and forwards Niko Dimitrakos and Petr Nedved on waivers - less than a day after a humiliating 9-1 loss to the Buffalo Sabres.

And even with a roster shakeup that saw general manager Bob Clarke call up skaters Ben Eager, Alexandre Picard and Stefan Ruzicka, the Flyers are apparently far from finished.

"We have a lot more to do," team chairman Ed Snider told the Philadelphia Daily News.

"I've got to evaluate and analyze the entire situation. This is just a start. I need a complete understanding of exactly what's going on. I have no idea what's going to happen next and I don't want to speculate as to what I'm going to do. But this is a start. I've got to evaluate this. I have ideas and theories, but I'm going to straighten this out. We started right after the game (Tuesday) night in determining what we have to do and waiving these three players, but this is only a minimal start."
Related Info

* Flyers seek redemption on TSN
* Nedved, Dimitrakos clear and head to AHL
* McKenzie: Snider has his eyes on Flyers

Snider also pointed out that despite their recent stuggles, his team has a solid core of youth and veteran talent.

"I don't know what is wrong, but I do know something is wrong and I know it's not simply our players," Snider told the paper. "I see how (Simon) Gagne is playing, I see how (Jeff) Carter and (Mike) Richards and (R.J.) Umberger are playing, I see what Forsberg is going through and I know how they are all capable of playing. They didn't suddenly go brain dead."

"I'm devastated, really. I'm embarrassed. And I'm going to look at everything, starting with me. It's a real rough situation and it's upsetting. The one good thing is it's happening now, it's fixable. To me, everything is fixable and we're not going to rest until we fix it."
Old 10-21-2006, 11:01 AM   #221
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Marian Gaborik strained groin

Is a mildly strained groin even possiable?

http://www.startribune.com/1330/story/756928.html

ANAHEIM, CALIF. - The aftershocks of the earthquake that registered 4.5 on the Richter Scale in Northern California Friday morning seemed to trickle down to Southern California Friday night.

Or, that tremor inside the Honda Center was just the Wild falling back down to Earth.

Any dreams of an 82-0, 164-point Wild season were put to pasture Friday night in the O.C. when a hard-working Anaheim Ducks squad handed the Wild its first defeat, 2-1.

But the Wild has a whole lot more to worry about than one simple loss.

With the Wild already playing without checkers Wes Walz and Pascal Dupuis, right wing Marian Gaborik didn't play most of the third period with what the team called a "mild groin strain."
One problem, though.

There's no such thing as a "mild" groin strain when it comes to Gaborik.

Last year's leading goal scorer has had a history of abdominal problems, having surgery for a sports hernia in 2001 and missing all of last season's training camp and 17 games because of two separate groin injuries.

Gaborik has seemed to be laboring lately. He was limping badly after practice Thursday with his left groin wrapped. Asked if he was OK, Gaborik brushed it off as routine treatment to keep on top of his groin problems.

So upset after Friday's game, Gaborik, on the trainers table getting treatment, declined comment.

"I saw him limping and that's it," coach Jacques Lemaire said. "He'll be reevaluated [today]."

The Wild, which was looking to become the 10th team in NHL history to win at least its first seven games after the Buffalo Sabres became the ninth earlier in the evening, put forth a blue-collar effort Friday night but never could get the breaks that continually fell at its feet during the season's first six games.

"If we bring that intensity, we'll give ourselves a chance to win every night," said goalie Manny Fernandez, who stopped 27 of 29 shots after allowing four goals in his previous four wins. Defensemen Scott Niedermayer and Sean O'Donnell, the Wild's first captain, scored for the Ducks (5-0-2), and goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere resembled the unforgiving brick wall the Wild got to know well during the 2003 Western Conference Finals with 27 saves.

It was a game in which the 6-1 Wild had to deal with either Niedermayer or fellow Norris Trophy winner Chris Pronger on the ice virtually every shift. It was certainly a physical battle, and somehow, with Gaborik likely out, the Wild must find its legs with its first back-to-back test tonight at San Jose.

"That's why we added so much depth this summer," captain Brian Rolston said. "We've got plenty of guys that can do the job."

Fernandez had to work hard, expending more energy sliding back and forth across the paint because the Ducks often slid the puck just wide of the cage.

The teams also had a difficult time all night getting the puck to sit. It bounced around like a ping-pong ball thanks to choppy ice likely due to the 89-degree daytime weather outside.

Minnesota's power play couldn't get anything going. It went 0-for-5.

It couldn't find a way to beat Giguere with a man advantage, mostly because Anaheim did a marvelous job limiting the Wild's time and space with the most aggressive penalty kill the Wild has seen thus far.

"Their PK is coming and coming," Rolston said. "We got a good look at their PK before the game, and we didn't realize they came as hard as they did. But we still had good opportunities. I thought we played well, and we'll get better."
Old 10-21-2006, 04:54 PM   #222
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Sergei ****ing Gonchar.

Now this is what I was expecting. He has 2 goals so far about halfway through the first period and had the GW goal two ngihts ago too.

Malkin with an assist so far.

Go Canes!
Old 10-21-2006, 04:56 PM   #223
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Another penalty on Columbus.

Sweet. 4th in a row against them.

Go Canes!
Old 10-21-2006, 05:00 PM   #224
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Fleury with a huge save, man that was point blank.

Go Canes!
Old 10-21-2006, 05:01 PM   #225
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Columbus shot off the post...we got lucky there.

Go Canes!