The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2006, 09:03 PM   #1
Popps
It's so easy

Default Thread for people who enjoy winning

Figured I'd try to balance out the gloom and doom around here. You'd think we were in last place, and just got whacked... reading the other threads around here.

We WON.

We're 4-1, we're clearly in a battle with only one team for this division, and there doesn't appear to be any dominant team in the AFC.

Our defense has shown it can win close, low-scoring games... and while our offense has struggled, they've ABSOLUTELY made plays when they had to, and that's all that matters.

We've got another game we should win next week, and then some real tests.

What's all the crying about? Good lord. We just beat the rai_ers, for flip's sake. Anyone else enjoy winning anymore? I'd love to hear from you.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2006, 09:04 PM   #2
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

In addition to hating Jake, I enjoy winning.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:07 PM   #3
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I don't even think we are trying so Im not worried.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:07 PM   #4
BLAZE
Solid Starter

Game ball goes to the DEFENSE again! I'm very impressed with Coyer's Defense. 1 TD allowed in 5 games now. Isn't that some sort of record?
BLAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:08 PM   #5
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
In addition to hating Jake, I enjoy winning.
Get lost.

On a brighter note, Bailey gets rockstar of the game!!

He deserved it last week, too.

Sweet!
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:09 PM   #6
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

It was great to win... I just don't understand why we aren't winning 13-3 with our future.

Oh well... a win is a win. Nice job defense!
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:10 PM   #7
BroncoMatt
The Blizzard Man

Check My Style Out

winning is my favorite
BroncoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:13 PM   #8
Moon§hiner
Skipper of the Minnow

Lightning in a Bottle

Winning sucks....my FFL team lost dammit
Moon§hiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:18 PM   #9
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

count me in as Happy to be winning .........4-1 is pretty good
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:20 PM   #10
freak6
Ring of Famer

Impeach President Cheney and Puppet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK

Jake Plummer is terrible. The passing game is terrible. Ernster looked like crap tonite. Everyone else was good to excellent.

We just got SHUT out in the 2nd half when we should have been shoveling dirt on the Raiders.

We are in trouble vs the Colts, Chargers, and in the Playoffs.

This should be titled...

THREAD FOR THOSE HAPPY ENOUGH TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, THEN LOSE
freak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:23 PM   #11
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

I happy we won, but there is some serious issues with the offense. 12 pts a game will not win a lot of games, If the pass rush becomes ineffective late in the game against Indy in a couple weeks it will be ugly. There is something that just isn't right about this team.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:23 PM   #12
youcandoit1687
homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Myers

yeah yeah we won but can a 13-3 "win" against the raiders really be considered a win? theres something to be said about playing to your level not playing down. beating the ravens and patriots in close games, exciting, fulfilling....beat the chiefs in a close game, it was divisional, still rusty, yeah good woohoo....but beating the raiders by only 10 points, good but far from fulfilling.
youcandoit1687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:25 PM   #13
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

I love winning, and I love having a QB who executes the offense that our Head Coach wants to run regardless of how many Bronco fans want us to run a different one. We made our kill stroke with Javon Walker followed by a Tatum Bell TD. We would have had another TD if Sapp hadn't dropped a well-thrown pass on the goal line. No big deal, we didn't even need the Field Goal we got instead.We beat a dangerous winless Raider squad. Jesus-even when Moss was showing some leadership skills all of a sudden. You'd have to be a moron to think the Raiders were laying down for us in this game and we came out of it with a win. I'm really starting to like the all blue uni's by the way. Kind of funny to be the good guys in Navy with OAK wearing white.

By the way, there were a lot of drops tonight. And I mean players were dropping some well thrown balls. I noticed four obviously poorly thrown balls by Plummer in the Pats game but the only one that stands out in my mind from this one was the checkdown to Bell.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:27 PM   #14
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

anyone who isn't happy is a clown. Even madden noticed the conservarive play calls...plus we didn't have the ball a bunch. Great team win.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:27 PM   #15
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

yeah, I knew there would be some doomsayers after tonight. Completely ignoring the playcalling. Denver scored on 3 of 4 possesions in the first half (thank Sapp for 3 instead of 7 on one). Then shanny martyballed the second half.

Denver won this game in 1st gear, that's a good thing. They had a gameplan no more advanced than your typical preseason.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:32 PM   #16
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Denver's playbook was taken off of Techmo superbowl first version.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:32 PM   #17
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

I'm happy, we won, and we kept another team out of the endzone.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:32 PM   #18
freak6
Ring of Famer

Impeach President Cheney and Puppet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK

Thread for those who enjoy BLUEBALLS.
freak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:35 PM   #19
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

amen 2kback, im glad someone watched the same game i did.

If the Pats game is any indication, we obviously have the weapons and the plays to be a good O.

We are a good team, stop crying for Cutler, Jake played a good game, exactly how Shanny wanted.

This board is funny sometimes..
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:37 PM   #20
labronx
Remember 98

whoopsie freakin doo, we beat the Raiders at home 13-3!!

Jake Plummer PASSING 11/18 102 5.7 0 0
Jake Plummer RUSHING 6 30 5.0 0 19

Rod Smith 1 12 12.0 0 12

3rd down efficiency
5-11

Do you really think Shanahan has any confidence left in Plummer as an actual passer? He is making him one dimensional, He has turned him into an athlete playing QB. He has no confidence in him as a pure passer, let alone a WC Offense QB.It may be worse than Marty Ball. I guess Mike realizes that the D is really good esp. the secondary and the DL has improved in getting to the QB. The LBs are all Pro Bowl Caliber. Javon Walker is easily the number one receiver and with a real strong armed and accurate passer would be going to the Pro Bowl one year after tearing up his knee.

I have a hunch that it's painfully obvious to everyone in the organization RIGHT NOW during practices that Cutler is easily the WAY BETTER QB. By this point just judging by his mechanics, talent and his intagibles along with his natural coolness and poise in the pocket that he should be the one starting and can take over the reigns no problem.

The only reason why MS can't pull the plug on Plummer is because of player loyalty. I believe MS is purposely at this point handcuffing Plummer, MS gave him a chance and really let Mike down in the opener. The playbook has been dramatically scaled back since the STL game. MS lost total trust in Plummer, i bet he was shocked that Plummer came out and played so poor after his last showing in the AFCC and having a whole offseason to atleast improve his ability to go through his reads and make smart accurate throws.

MS is trying to make it a point that Cutler is ready to play and take over. He is smart enough to let the team make the decision for him. This type of offense is completely unacceptable for the type of standards Mike has established. Easily more anemic than even the Griese years.

No fire, no attack mentality, the bootleg has gotten old, since teams can take it away by just playing honest and waiting on Plummer to lead the D player to the ball.

MS is a really stubborn man, he knows that his approach may cost us a loss or two but he can't devide the team. Shanahan will replace Plummer before the season is over. Honestly he owes it to his players
labronx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:38 PM   #21
labronx
Remember 98

whoopsie freakin doo, we beat the Raiders at home 13-3!!

Jake Plummer PASSING 11/18 102 5.7 0 0
Jake Plummer RUSHING 6 30 5.0 0 19

Rod Smith 1 12 12.0 0 12

3rd down efficiency
5-11

Do you really think Shanahan has any confidence left in Plummer as an actual passer? He is making him one dimensional, He has turned him into an athlete playing QB. He has no confidence in him as a pure passer, let alone a WC Offense QB.It may be worse than Marty Ball. I guess Mike realizes that the D is really good esp. the secondary and the DL has improved in getting to the QB. The LBs are all Pro Bowl Caliber. Javon Walker is easily the number one receiver and with a real strong armed and accurate passer would be going to the Pro Bowl one year after tearing up his knee.

I have a hunch that it's painfully obvious to everyone in the organization RIGHT NOW during practices that Cutler is easily the WAY BETTER QB. By this point just judging by his mechanics, talent and his intagibles along with his natural coolness and poise in the pocket that he should be the one starting and can take over the reigns no problem.

The only reason why MS can't pull the plug on Plummer is because of player loyalty. I believe MS is purposely at this point handcuffing Plummer, MS gave him a chance and really let Mike down in the opener. The playbook has been dramatically scaled back since the STL game. MS lost total trust in Plummer, i bet he was shocked that Plummer came out and played so poor after his last showing in the AFCC and having a whole offseason to atleast improve his ability to go through his reads and make smart accurate throws.

MS is trying to make it a point that Cutler is ready to play and take over. He is smart enough to let the team make the decision for him. This type of offense is completely unacceptable for the type of standards Mike has established. Easily more anemic than even the Griese years.

No fire, no attack mentality, the bootleg has gotten old, since teams can take it away by just playing honest and waiting on Plummer to lead the D player to the ball.

MS is a really stubborn man, he knows that his approach may cost us a loss or two but he can't devide the team. Shanahan will replace Plummer before the season is over. Honestly he owes it to his players
labronx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:41 PM   #22
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
It was great to win... I just don't understand why we aren't winning 13-3 with our future.

Oh well... a win is a win. Nice job defense!
Because Cutler isn't as good as Plummer. That's the bottom line. Our Head Coach said it. That Cutler wasn't ready to start in the NFL. I'm sure we are all waiting to shoot our collective loads at the thought of a superstar QB leading this team but you need to stop leading the circle jerk. Premature ejaculation just makes you look bad.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:42 PM   #23
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak6 View Post
Jake Plummer is terrible. The passing game is terrible. Ernster looked like crap tonite. Everyone else was good to excellent.

We just got SHUT out in the 2nd half when we should have been shoveling dirt on the Raiders.

We are in trouble vs the Colts, Chargers, and in the Playoffs.

This should be titled...

THREAD FOR THOSE HAPPY ENOUGH TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, THEN LOSE
How about a thread for people who enjoy winning and think we have room for improvement?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:44 PM   #24
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by labronx View Post

Let's bookmark this quote. It'll come in handy later.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:44 PM   #25
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

We need a thread for those who'd be happy if this team was 1-4 or 0-5 if it meant that Jay Cutler was starting.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote