The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2006, 11:28 PM   #126
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSportsFan4 View Post
nah I'm only 19 lol but thanks for the heads up. I hope my future wife if I do ever get married likes pro sports if a such thing even exists that way not only would I not get harrassed for watching too much sports, but she would be there watching with me. I'm probably doing too much wishful thinking maybe lol

Cover your bases.............
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:19 PM   #127
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbrncofn View Post
Yes! Can you believe that?! Of all the luck in the world.....I pick one of the only guys who doesn't even like sports.
I seem to attract the sports hating guys as well. I just don't get it
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:51 AM   #128
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Well we sure didn't lack getting the puck on net the deciding factor was roloson.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS020070.HTM
Old 10-15-2006, 02:15 PM   #129
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
I seem to attract the sports hating guys as well. I just don't get it
Seriously, what kind of luck do we have then? Those guys are in a huge minority.

I sandbagged when I met my husband about the whole sports thing. Had to reel him in first. Bwahahahahaha, I still remember it. The horrific loss to the Jagwads. I go ballistic. I'm crying and screaming and he is looking at me like he married someone possessed. Then he said about the dumbest thing he could have said, "It's just a game, honey. " I was still bawling at that point, plus I had just had a baby. ( Horomones were probably a bit out of whack. ) I went to our room, slammed the door, and didn't talk to him for a couple of days.

Now, if something bad happens...everyone in the house will just leave. They have a warning system for each other. Apparently, no one in my family likes to see tantrums and foul language unleashed on a consistent basis.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 03:55 PM   #130
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbrncofn View Post
Apparently, no one in my family likes to see tantrums and foul language unleashed on a consistent basis.
That's called a "family reunion" in my family.

OK more knowledgable Avs fans -- it sounded to me like Statsny only made the team because of injuries. However, the bits of games I've seen (tried to watch the game while playing drums at a gig last night), he's looked good. Any chance he'll stick with the team all year? I'd love to see him and Wolski stay together.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:08 AM   #131
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

MALKIN TO MAKE NHL DEBUT WEDNESDAY WHEN PENGUINS HOST DEVILS
10/16/2006

PITTSBURGH - Center Evgeni Malkin is scheduled to make his NHL regular season debut Wednesday night against the New Jersey Devils at Mellon Arena, it was announced today by Penguins General Manager Ray Shero.

Malkin, 20, the second overall pick in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, has been sidelined since suffering a dislocated shoulder in a preseason game Sept. 20. He began practicing with the team last week and has been cleared to play by the Penguins’ medical staff.

Game time Wednesday is 7:30 p.m. All fans attending the game will receive a Sidney Crosby bobblehead. For Penguins ticket information, please call 412-642-PENS or log on to www.pittsburghpenguins.com.

http://pittsburghpenguins.com/team/p...rts/2072.0.php

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:55 PM   #132
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Yeeeee MF HA!
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:04 PM   #133
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Three of the four Chicago goals thus far have been soft as Charmin.

I'm so ****ing glad the Avs are paying Jose TheOpenDoor $5 million plus for the next two seasons.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:45 PM   #134
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

We pay gonchar $5/mil a year
Old 10-16-2006, 08:48 PM   #135
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I now feel comfortable busting out my nickname for good ol Jose. Thanks a lot, Mr. TREYodore. Usually 3 is your number, hence the nickname...but you had to go above and beyond the call of duty and let a 4th in.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:54 PM   #136
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bD_9Ftg7Zs
Old 10-16-2006, 09:13 PM   #137
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I miss Aebi. I still remember being horrified when I saw that trade flash across the bottom line on ESPN news last spring. I still am.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:07 PM   #138
Jori
US Olympian

Maybe Quenneville will develop a hatred for Theodore like he did for Aebischer.

The sell out streak ended tonight at 487...all good things...
Old 10-16-2006, 10:59 PM   #139
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
The sell out streak ended tonight at 487...all good things...
Good. A full house didn't need to be witness to that abomination from TheOpenDoor.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:05 AM   #140
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Well lets put little blame on stupid penalties what six in a row? defense was non existant and had us 16 to 4 in shots in the first, jose let in some softies but our team has to keep the heat off him like that not many goalies can make it through a flury like that.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:57 AM   #141
Jori
US Olympian

Bad defense and penalties aside, Theodore was awful. He's the main reason they lost last night.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:03 AM   #142
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

I must need to find some hockey gals like some of you in here.

Anyone women want a nice guy who likes to drink beer, say bad words - likes sports and thinks women in sweatpants and a pony tail is the sexiest?

lol
Old 10-17-2006, 06:30 PM   #143
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Wow, Buffalo is destroying Philly 9-1.

The Sabres are on a roll.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:26 PM   #144
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
I must need to find some hockey gals like some of you in here.

Anyone women want a nice guy who likes to drink beer, say bad words - likes sports and thinks women in sweatpants and a pony tail is the sexiest?
lol
Well normally that'd get me ( you know that,ames ) but seeing as I'm already married, I'll have to pass.

What's the deal, no female sports fans back east?
Old 10-17-2006, 08:28 PM   #145
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post

I would have been embarassed if it was almost any other team. One question though, why the hell didn't they pull Esche after he let the six in, in the second.....or maybe after the third in the second? That has to be absolutely humiliating. He had a really good 1st period too. Guess he used it all up then.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:30 PM   #146
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Recchi: Malkin's style, ability like Lemieux's
Story Tools:
Print Email Blog This
Associated Press
Posted: 4 hours ago

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Mark Recchi dares to mention Evgeni Malkin in the same sentence as the one player in Pittsburgh Penguins history to whom almost no one is ever compared.

Yes, No. 66.
Malkin won't play his first shift, take his first shot, make his first pass until the Penguins face the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday. That didn't prevent Recchi and Sidney Crosby from bringing up the same name - Mario Lemieux - when they were asked how good the 20-year-old Russian center is.

"He's really good. He's going to be scary good," Recchi said Tuesday. "I hate to bring up this comparison, but I don't think we've seen anybody with his size who can skate like him and do as much as him. He's as close to Mario as we're going to see for a long time."

Recchi wasn't suggesting the 6-foot-4 Malkin will threaten to score 200 points in a season or average nearly 2 points per game for his career as Lemieux did before retiring in January for the second time.

Rather, it is how Malkin plays the game that, to Recchi, makes him resemble Lemieux. The uncanny ability to see a play develop before it occurs. To put a pass directly onto a stick through heavy traffic. To improvise and create a goal when there seems to be no possibility of doing so.

"Obviously, some people have tried to pass that torch along to other people, but the way he skates and sees the ice, he's the whole package," Recchi said.

Maybe a slightly taller version of Crosby, who had 102 points in his rookie year at age 18 last season?

"He's going to surprise people with how good he is," forward Colby Armstrong said. "He's got confidence with the puck, he's a smooth skater, he makes things happen with the puck, he can score. It seems like he scores every time he shoots on net (in practice)."

Malkin's NHL debut was delayed nearly a month by a dislocated left shoulder that occurred when he and teammate John LeClair collided behind the net during a Sept. 20 exhibition game. Malkin's recovery time was slightly faster than expected, and the Penguins have gone 2-2 without him.

They expect to be better now that he is playing, though there will be some nervousness on their part until Malkin shows he can take hits on his left shoulder without reinjuring it.

"My arm is in good shape, so everything is good. I just want to play hockey," said Malkin, speaking through an interpreter, defenseman Sergei Gonchar.

For now, Malkin will center the No. 2 line with Ryan Malone at left wing and Recchi on his right.

Crosby and Malkin likely will play together on the power play, where the Penguins are 12th in the NHL with a 19.2 percent conversion rate.

"I'm thinking selfishly, but I can't wait to play with him," Crosby said. "When you get a chance to play with someone like that, it's like it was with Mario - you don't know what's going to happen, but you know you're going to create something. With a creative mind like that, you don't know what to expect and it makes for an element of surprise."

Malkin was the No. 2 pick in the 2004 draft, one spot behind fellow Russian star Alexander Ovechkin. Malkin played last season for Magnitogorsk of the Russian Super League, but sneaked away from that team in August and made his way to the United States so he could play in the NHL.

Gonchar, who played with Ovechkin and Malkin on Russia's Olympic team last winter, said it is difficult to compare the two because their games are dissimilar. Ovechkin was the rookie of the year last season with 106 points for Washington.

"My personal feeling is Ovechkin is going to be like Pavel Bure, who's going to score a lot of goals and shoot the puck a lot," Gonchar said. "Evgeni, I see him as a Sergei Fedorov who plays well in both ends of the ice and kills penalties. He can do it all. He can score. He can create offense. He'll be there for you in an every-game situation. So it's really hard to say who is better."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/6071870

I am so excited to watch him tomorrow night!!!! Coming home from work early again so I can see the full game.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:25 PM   #147
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post

Man! i just looked at the scores what did philly do to piss em off? they were shooting thats for sure.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:43 PM   #148
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Caps play for the first time in forever tonight. Only the Caps, Pens and Jackets have played 4 games at this point.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 02:52 PM   #149
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

yeah we play like 2 games, then off for 22, then go on a big road trip.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:30 PM   #150
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Malkin debuts!