The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Photoshop Fun
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2006, 04:25 AM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
Peddling the Orange Addiction

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,273

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default Orange Mane site Re-design contest...

Alright photoshop geniuses...

Time to put your money where your mouth is, and get a chance at winning a jersey and a hat in the process.

I'm looking for someone to create a design template for our front page (www.orangemane.com) that I could also use to update the look and feel of the forums.

There are only a few rules:

1. You cannot use the Broncos logo... I don't want to risk getting sued.

2. You have to use the Orange Mane logo... You'll find it stickied in this forum.

3. Designs must be submitted in 1024 x 768 screen size at 72 dpi screen resolution.

4. The design must be able to accommodate a 728 x 90 Leaderboard Ad near the top of the page (see the current front page to see what I mean).

I think that's it. The winning entry will be judged by myself and an internal panel of judges to ensure that the design fits the needs of the site and translates across different browser platforms and monitor sizes. One tip: elegant and simple is preferred over busy and complex.

The winner will receive a replica jersey of their choice from the NFL.com shop, a Denver Bronco hat of their choice from the NFL shop and an Orange Mane hat (coming soon!). Credit will be given to the winner in the design footer, and a link to the winner's website will also be given (if they have one).

This contest will remain open through October with the site being changed to the winning entry shortly after that.

Last edited by Taco John; 10-04-2006 at 04:36 AM..
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2006, 08:28 AM   #2
BroncoFiend
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoFiend's Avatar
 
The enemy's gate is down

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Alright photoshop geniuses...

Time to put your money where your mouth is, and get a chance at winning a jersey and a hat in the process.

I'm looking for someone to create a design template for our front page (www.orangemane.com) that I could also use to update the look and feel of the forums.

There are only a few rules:

1. You cannot use the Broncos logo... I don't want to risk getting sued.

2. You have to use the Orange Mane logo... You'll find it stickied in this forum.

3. Designs must be submitted in 1024 x 768 screen size at 72 dpi screen resolution.

4. The design must be able to accommodate a 728 x 90 Leaderboard Ad near the top of the page (see the current front page to see what I mean).

I think that's it. The winning entry will be judged by myself and an internal panel of judges to ensure that the design fits the needs of the site and translates across different browser platforms and monitor sizes. One tip: elegant and simple is preferred over busy and complex.

The winner will receive a replica jersey of their choice from the NFL.com shop, a Denver Bronco hat of their choice from the NFL shop and an Orange Mane hat (coming soon!). Credit will be given to the winner in the design footer, and a link to the winner's website will also be given (if they have one).

This contest will remain open through October with the site being changed to the winning entry shortly after that.
Sounds good TJ, should be fun!
BroncoFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:38 AM   #3
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,307

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh
Default

Even though I'm busy with school, my job(s) and social life, I'll do my best.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:56 AM   #4
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,818

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

I got this.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:39 AM   #5
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
Peddling the Orange Addiction

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,273

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Q: I'm not quite sure what you want with the new site design, do you just want us to make a prototype or make all the buttons, banners, borders and save them seperately as well in the right pixel size?


A: Right now I'm just looking for a 1024 x 768 prototype. Just something to look at that will give me an idea of the entire package...

Go ahead and submit them in this thread or email them to me at orangeisaac@gmail.com
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:26 PM   #6
Houshmazode
Solid Starter
 
Houshmazode's Avatar
 
Still need a pass rush.

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gunnison
Posts: 197

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rulon Jones
Default

My prototype number 1: still have some issues with the letters because I cut and pasted from the print screen of the main page, and also the color blending, hues in certain areas.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5...totype1wg0.jpg

Alec edit: Woops, sorry Houshmazode, I didnt mean to edit...mean to reply.

Last edited by Rock Chalk; 10-04-2006 at 09:04 PM..
Houshmazode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:01 PM   #7
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,818

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Still got some tweaking to do...but here goes...

Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:04 PM   #8
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,818

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
My prototype number 1: still have some issues with the letters because I cut and pasted from the print screen of the main page, and also the color blending, hues in certain areas.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5...totype1wg0.jpg

edit: Woops, sorry Houshmazode, I didnt mean to edit...mean to reply.
I really like the horse thing with the foggy background and light behind it. Thats either a fantastic picture or fantastic photoshop work man.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:17 PM   #9
Houshmazode
Solid Starter
 
Houshmazode's Avatar
 
Still need a pass rush.

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gunnison
Posts: 197

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rulon Jones
Default

Yours looks awesome! So I guess we can completely redo the layout? If so, I might have to give it another try.
Houshmazode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:39 PM   #10
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
Peddling the Orange Addiction

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,273

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
Yours looks awesome! So I guess we can completely redo the layout? If so, I might have to give it another try.

Absolutely... I have some basic things that I'd like to incorporate, but you're welcome to tweak the layout how you'd like.

So far, some good submissions...

Let's keep 'em coming!
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:40 AM   #11
BroncoFiend
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoFiend's Avatar
 
The enemy's gate is down

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Absolutely... I have some basic things that I'd like to incorporate, but you're welcome to tweak the layout how you'd like.

So far, some good submissions...

Let's keep 'em coming!
Hey TJ,

Quick question, can we incorporate player images into the site design? I know the logo is off limits, but is player images off limits too?
BroncoFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:21 PM   #12
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
Peddling the Orange Addiction

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,273

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFiend View Post
Hey TJ,

Quick question, can we incorporate player images into the site design? I know the logo is off limits, but is player images off limits too?
I guess I'm not positive of the legality on that. You see it all over the place, so I'm guessing that it's not a huge concern. But I couldn't say for sure.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:38 PM   #13
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,818

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Player images are public domain provided the original image is in the public domain taco.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:10 PM   #14
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,818

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Eh, made some changes, still not done as Im still not happy...
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:11 PM   #15
BroncoFiend
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoFiend's Avatar
 
The enemy's gate is down

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
Player images are public domain provided the original image is in the public domain taco.
what would qualify as the public domain? Would yahoo images be okay?
BroncoFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:13 PM   #16
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,818

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFiend View Post
what would qualify as the public domain? Would yahoo images be okay?
You have to check the image copyrights for each image you find on Yahoo or Google. Many images are not copyrighted, but some are so just check to see if they have copyright anywhere on the site.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:28 PM   #17
Houshmazode
Solid Starter
 
Houshmazode's Avatar
 
Still need a pass rush.

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gunnison
Posts: 197

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rulon Jones
Default

Ok, here is my new version. Still have a few things to work on.

Houshmazode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:34 PM   #18
dbroncos78087
Broncos Rule!
 
dbroncos78087's Avatar
 
Broncos Fan

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: America
Posts: 89

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quick question, i assume you use photoshop, but what do you use to make the link buttons. Is it a type of brush, like metallic vectors or something? Just curious because i would like to try something like this, but i have no clue how to do it.
dbroncos78087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:46 PM   #19
Houshmazode
Solid Starter
 
Houshmazode's Avatar
 
Still need a pass rush.

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gunnison
Posts: 197

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rulon Jones
Default

I cut out the shapes over a transparent back ground, then a dd a border or something, then add a layer style to it, something like a metallic button or web rollover layer style under blending options. Sometimes I do two layers, 1 for the border and 1 for the body, add a style, then merge them.

Last edited by Houshmazode; 10-06-2006 at 05:56 PM..
Houshmazode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #20
minibronco
KFFL Writer/Fantasy Scout
 
Defense: 11 Strong

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The OC
Posts: 2,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
Ok, here is my new version. Still have a few things to work on.

Yowsers.
minibronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:55 PM   #21
dbroncos78087
Broncos Rule!
 
dbroncos78087's Avatar
 
Broncos Fan

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: America
Posts: 89

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
I cut out the shapes over a transparent back ground, then a dd a border or something, then add a layer style to it, something like a metallic butt or web rollover layer style under blending options. Sometimes I do two layers, 1 for the border and 1 for the body, add a style, then merge them.
Is that how you made this?

dbroncos78087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:57 PM   #22
Houshmazode
Solid Starter
 
Houshmazode's Avatar
 
Still need a pass rush.

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gunnison
Posts: 197

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rulon Jones
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
Is that how you made this?

Yeah.
Houshmazode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:06 PM   #23
dbroncos78087
Broncos Rule!
 
dbroncos78087's Avatar
 
Broncos Fan

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: America
Posts: 89

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

What shapes did you use? Because this is something that is very interesting to me, but i dont quite know what i am doing creating buttons and stuff like this. Im out of my domain when its not a user bar or something.
dbroncos78087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:11 PM   #24
Houshmazode
Solid Starter
 
Houshmazode's Avatar
 
Still need a pass rush.

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gunnison
Posts: 197

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rulon Jones
Default

Sent you a pm, and Alec, I don't mind if you delete the last few posts or move them.
Houshmazode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:20 PM   #25
dbroncos78087
Broncos Rule!
 
dbroncos78087's Avatar
 
Broncos Fan

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: America
Posts: 89

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Yea i shouldnt have asked this here probably but i just wanted an answer from the people who were submitting them. So you should probably delete them.
dbroncos78087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:17 AM.


Denver Broncos