The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2006, 01:50 PM   #5626
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Too bad about Kono. Class guy who stepped up in a lot of games for us. We should be an even younger now, which might not be a completely bad thing.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:02 PM   #5627
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
LA will be happy until they see clouts play.......
It all depends, but Im going to give Deano a pass on this one given his history with goalies.

Quote:
Kings fans will have to wait for JJ until next season, he's staying at Michigan for now. It's a great deal for LA, they suffer this year, but their future is bright.
Kings future is really bright. Kings are now the only team with 4 players in HF's top-50 prospects list, with 3 of them in top-15.

Though I do not think we are done making moves, I read rumors of a trade with the Devils for Gomez or Gointa at some point since the Devils are having cap problems. So I think we still have a shot at making the playoffs.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:33 PM   #5628
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Better safe than sorry. I knew they'd err on the side of caution after the Jiri Fischer scare last year, but it must be a bad situation if he's decided to hang 'em up.

Best of luck Kono, we'll miss you.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:58 PM   #5629
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

It would actually be in the Avs best interest to talk ol' Sneaky Pete into staying on IR for the season. They're stuck paying him one way or the other, but he doesn't count against the cap while he's on IR.

If they could free up his salary, it's give them even more wiggle room. The only upside to losing Kono is that $1.9 million comes off the cap immediatly.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:09 PM   #5630
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
It all depends, but Im going to give Deano a pass on this one given his history with goalies.

Kings future is really bright. Kings are now the only team with 4 players in HF's top-50 prospects list, with 3 of them in top-15.

Though I do not think we are done making moves, I read rumors of a trade with the Devils for Gomez or Gointa at some point since the Devils are having cap problems. So I think we still have a shot at making the playoffs.

The cloutier extension is simply baffling hes unproven, recent surgery and injury prone this is a roll of the dice IMO why put a high payed question mark in as the #1 and make a fantastic trade to get johnson and on top of that your stuck with clouts for 3 years. (Crow has some kind of mind powers on lombardi)
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:42 PM   #5631
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
The cloutier extension is simply baffling hes unproven, recent surgery and injury prone this is a roll of the dice IMO why put a high payed question mark in as the #1 and make a fantastic trade to get johnson and on top of that your stuck with clouts for 3 years. (Crow has some kind of mind powers on lombardi)
I dont know about that, Cloutier has won alot of games in the regular season, then he pulls a Jake Plummer in the playoffs I suppose. Deano was the GM at San Jose and their goalie situation looks great right now because Deano brought them in. We also drafted the best Goalie in this years draft in Jonathan Bernier so maybe Cloutier is a stop gap until Bernier is ready.

JONATHAN BERNIER
Old 09-29-2006, 05:29 PM   #5632
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Man did Carolina get reamed
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:33 PM   #5633
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Man did Carolina get reamed

I agree...
Old 09-29-2006, 05:37 PM   #5634
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
I dont know about that, Cloutier has won alot of games in the regular season, then he pulls a Jake Plummer in the playoffs I suppose. Deano was the GM at San Jose and their goalie situation looks great right now because Deano brought them in. We also drafted the best Goalie in this years draft in Jonathan Bernier so maybe Cloutier is a stop gap until Bernier is ready.

JONATHAN BERNIER

7.5 million dollar stop gap but i guess iam saying is he will most likely be injured again over the next 3 years, if clouts went on the FA market do you think he would get 2.5 mil a year on the market?
Old 09-29-2006, 05:38 PM   #5635
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

****, I wanted Jack Johnson.

****, we could have gotten him for peanuts too.

Congrats 24champbailey!

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:44 PM   #5636
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post

Congrats 24champbailey!
I guess we now know why there was no Jordan Staal for Jack Johnson deal. The Pens didn't offer up Staal or else he'd be a Hurricane right now and Johnson would be a Penguin.

We won't know for sure until it all plays out, but on the surface Carolina got taken to the cleaners in this deal.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:03 PM   #5637
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:

Congrats 24champbailey!
Yeah I got tingles reading this on the HF boards ( which I have been reading all day )

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJohnsonFan View Post
I am from Michigan and am close friends with Jack Johnson. He has told me that he is THRILLED to get out of the Carolina system, as both Rutherford and Karmanos were constantly pressuring him and his family to sign. Instead of respecting Johnson's decision (which they knew all along when they drafted him, that is why Bobby Ryan went 2nd), they bombarded their cell phones and house phone with messages and never left them alone.

Jack was excited to be a member of the Hurricanes organization, but did not appreciate the pressure. Lombardi has made it clear the Kings are going to be patient with him, and this is highly appreciated by him and his family. Jack confides greatly in his father, and his family (who lives 5 minutes off the UM campus) wanted him to stay in school at least one more year.

Jack has always told me he wanted to be at Michigan for at least 2 years, and then re-evaluate his decision after. No matter what, your team is getting an unbelievable athlete. This guy outplayed Crosby in intra-squad scrimmages when both were at Shattuck St. Mary's, and while Johnson refuses to admit it, Crosby swears that Jack will be just as high of an impact player as he is (just in a different facet of the game).

This guy is Scott Stevens all over again. The Kings have gained a new fan today with this trade. He will be your captain one day and will be the best player the team has had since Gretzky.

One other note: Johnson's favorite defenseman in the NHL?

Rob Blake.

Old 09-29-2006, 06:08 PM   #5638
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Rob Blake.

Does that mean that you guys are gonna boo him?
Old 09-29-2006, 06:08 PM   #5639
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
7.5 million dollar stop gap but i guess iam saying is he will most likely be injured again over the next 3 years, if clouts went on the FA market do you think he would get 2.5 mil a year on the market?
Honestly I dont know, there is 18 starters signed through next year in the NHL so I dont know if that prompted Deano to sign Cloutier to an extension. Have to see how he plays this year. I just hope Crawford doesn't ride Cloutier like a horse, we also have 2 viable backups in Garon and Labarbera ( one of which is probably going to get traded soon.)
Old 09-29-2006, 06:13 PM   #5640
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post

Rob Blake.

You lucky bastards.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:15 PM   #5641
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:

Rob Blake.

good one, alot of King fans got that whole Blake trade backwards. I always liked Blake. Being a defenseman myself I always liked his style of play. At any rate Im going to be watching MU hockey and hope they win a freaking championship so JJ gets signed asap (Sorry DU fans). Speaking of Michigan, their coach had to have crapped his pants upon hearing the news today. Kings have signed Mike Camalleri, Jeff Tambellini, Trevor Lewis out of Michigan lately.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:18 PM   #5642
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
I guess we now know why there was no Jordan Staal for Jack Johnson deal. The Pens didn't offer up Staal or else he'd be a Hurricane right now and Johnson would be a Penguin.

We won't know for sure until it all plays out, but on the surface Carolina got taken to the cleaners in this deal.
This is a very fair article, explains why the deal was made.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=179276&hubname=nhl
Old 09-29-2006, 06:32 PM   #5643
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Biron, Giggy, Toskala will be up for grabs soon

(and is this true?)

"The Canucks will receive a second-round draft choice next year and a conditional selection in the 2009 draft depending on whether the Kings can re-sign Cloutier.

Last edited by Bronx33; 09-29-2006 at 06:37 PM..
Old 09-30-2006, 12:12 AM   #5644
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Carolina's desire to trade him back in June was also way overblown. JJ was never offered to the Pens, and Staal was never offered to the 'Cans.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:30 AM   #5645
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Carolina's desire to trade him back in June was also way overblown. JJ was never offered to the Pens, and Staal was never offered to the 'Cans.
I read the opposite. Shero was offered JJ straight up for Staal and he stupidly insisted on getting Ladd in addition, which Carolina wasn't going to go for.

There were rumors a week or so ago that we were talking to them again, but Staal has looked very impressive in camp so far, so Shero refused to make him part of any deal.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 09-30-2006, 08:29 AM   #5646
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
I read the opposite. Shero was offered JJ straight up for Staal and he stupidly insisted on getting Ladd in addition, which Carolina wasn't going to go for.
I know what was said at the time, however TSN said a few weeks ago that neither team was interested in dealing at the draft.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:31 PM   #5647
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

ESPN.com's Avalanche preview

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/previe...preavalanche06

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 09-30-2006, 03:54 PM   #5648
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Burnside is an idiot it's not that i don't like his calls it's how he ranks other teams, no offense hogan but philly in 8th? with no goaltender and the starter has hip issues which they are going to let go all season.And now they got clarke calling players out for poor play, i see philly having moral issues this season when poor goaltending starts to affect the Ws. Burnside also completely over looks ossi and clarke and Skrastins those three are excellent and great on offensive pressure we also have alot of D in the system just becuse they are not big names does not mean they suck.

http://hockeysfuture.com/team/colorado_avalanche

Last edited by Bronx33; 09-30-2006 at 04:02 PM..
Old 09-30-2006, 05:04 PM   #5649
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

http://www.blackandgoldinsider.com/d...tegoryId=68323

BlackandGoldInsider.com has been informed that injured center Evgeni Malkin did take the morning skate with the Penguins in Buffalo. While Malkin will not play tonight, our Penguins insider tells us that "I be surprised if Malkin misses more than the first 2 or 3 games of the season."

The Pens schedule for the first 2 weeks of the season definitely works out well for them and Malkin. They only play 4 games in opening two weeks. If there are no setbacks, it's reasonable to think, Malkin should be able to make this Pens debut by October 18th (New Jersey).

BRING BACK BUTCH

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 09-30-2006 at 05:08 PM..
Old 09-30-2006, 05:21 PM   #5650
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
http://www.blackandgoldinsider.com/d...tegoryId=68323

BlackandGoldInsider.com has been informed that injured center Evgeni Malkin did take the morning skate with the Penguins in Buffalo. While Malkin will not play tonight, our Penguins insider tells us that "I be surprised if Malkin misses more than the first 2 or 3 games of the season."

The Pens schedule for the first 2 weeks of the season definitely works out well for them and Malkin. They only play 4 games in opening two weeks. If there are no setbacks, it's reasonable to think, Malkin should be able to make this Pens debut by October 18th (New Jersey).
Iam really pumped to see malkin and sid play to see if they can gel.