The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2006, 06:53 PM   #1
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Default Anibal Sanchez throws a no hitter!

First no-no in the majors since Randy Johnson's perfect game two years ago.

"This is the best moment of my life," the 22-year-old Venezuelan said.

Nice work, kiddo.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2006, 08:14 PM   #2
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

I wonder how much the Red Sox are enoying the Beckett/Lowell trade right about now.

Sanchez throws the fourth Marlins no-hitter in 11 seasons dating back to Leiter's no-no against the Rockies in '96.

Florida's total payroll is less than what the Rockies are paying Todd Helton in 2006 and yet they're still in the Wild Card hunt while the Rockies are spinning out of control.

As a follower of both '93 expansion teams it's amazing to see the contrast between the two clubs. The Marlins are better in almost every aspect as a franchise (success, historic moments, player development, general managers, managers, announcers) except for stadium and ownership. Coors Field blows away Dolphins Stadium as place to watch a ballgame (Coors is top-5, DS is bottom-2), and even though the Monforts suck as owners, they're still better than the worst owner in professional sports, Jeffrey Loria.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:54 PM   #3
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc View Post
I wonder how much the Red Sox are enoying the Beckett/Lowell trade right about now.

Sanchez throws the fourth Marlins no-hitter in 11 seasons dating back to Leiter's no-no against the Rockies in '96.

Florida's total payroll is less than what the Rockies are paying Todd Helton in 2006 and yet they're still in the Wild Card hunt while the Rockies are spinning out of control.

As a follower of both '93 expansion teams it's amazing to see the contrast between the two clubs. The Marlins are better in almost every aspect as a franchise (success, historic moments, player development, general managers, managers, announcers) except for stadium and ownership. Coors Field blows away Dolphins Stadium as place to watch a ballgame (Coors is top-5, DS is bottom-2), and even though the Monforts suck as owners, they're still better than the worst owner in professional sports, Jeffrey Loria.
The Marlins have this strange habit of developing talent (especially pitching) that just hasn't rubbed off on the Rockies.

And saying the Monforts look good copared to Loria is like complimenting vomit for being a step above shit.

It's been something to watch the Marlins build, win it all, tear it down, rebuild, win it all again, tear it down again and now build it back up again at a pace that already has their current team (with a payroll of $15 million) ahead of the Rockies. While the Marlins owner may suck, they've obviously got some pretty sharp baseball minds in the organization somewhere. They're not coming up with talent like they've got by accident.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #4
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Its still pretty damn funny how Loria's been able to dump veterans and successfully rebuild twice now.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:05 PM   #5
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

All of the credit goes to Larry Beinfest, the most underrated GM in the game.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:25 PM   #6
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
All of the credit goes to Larry Beinfest, the most underrated GM in the game.
Meanwhile, back in Denver, the Rockies have had one season over .500 (a dazzling 82-80 finish in 2000) under Dan O'Dowd and he gets a contract extension.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:53 PM   #7
dbroncos31
Ring of Famer

RIP D-Will

anibal sanchez: damn am i glad i picked him up on my fantasy team a couple months ago.
dbroncos31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #8
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Dude was safe at first for the last "out".
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 03:50 PM   #9
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

Quote:
I doubt it has much effect. In my mind it has NONE. He pitches in the national league. Im willing to bet if beckett pitched in the CFL of pro baseball hed have a ERA of around 2 and a half. anytime you want to get a kid thats 25 and has the stuff beckett has you're going to have to give up prospects. we have pedroia and lowerie to fill the infield for years to come to.
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #10
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShadow View Post
I doubt it has much effect. In my mind it has NONE. He pitches in the national league. Im willing to bet if beckett pitched in the CFL of pro baseball hed have a ERA of around 2 and a half. anytime you want to get a kid thats 25 and has the stuff beckett has you're going to have to give up prospects. we have pedroia and lowerie to fill the infield for years to come to.
Beckett's been a bust this year. I don't care how much better the AL is than the NL, a 5.11 era is not very good, particularly compared to 2.85. He didn't have any problems with the AL in 2003.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:32 PM   #11
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

he wasnt facing the AL an entire season in 03. If you recall he started off very well here starting 7-2. he needs to learn to tune down his changeup(its still around 90) and i think schill needs to teach him the splitter.bust after not even one whole season?i think not
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote